Is anyone still mad?

purple_tentacle_

Are you still mad at lucasarts?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still mad at lucasarts?

My response:

Yes!

(Like anyone needed to ask.)

Well some people arent anymore and wanted to see wich one was greater.

No, I like the Sam and Max games Telltale has made.

Agreed!

I voted Imbetween since I wonder what that is.

You know imbetween. One day your fine with it one day your raging.

I as never really angry at Lucas Arts.

Sure they did some stuff not everyone was pleased with, but they still have some really good games on their name.

I never knew they were going to make a seconed but now that telltale took it over I realy dont care.

Mad until they make the real Monkey Island 3.

I think that must be there apology gift to you.

I'm not exactly mad, more slightly disappointed. On the one hand, it's great that we now have companies like Telltale and Double Fine and Autumn Moon making cool games, and LucasArts ever so slowly returning to their roots, but on the other, it would have been interesting to see how the original LucasArts would have developed, with Freelance Police and Full Throttle 2 released, and possibly other adventures as well. Still, Telltale did a bang-up job with Sam & Max, and with LucasArts having approached them, the balance in the universe is pretty much restored.

This thread is stupid. You're aware a company isn't an individual you should be mad at, right? A company is the sum of its employees and, in the case of the stuff I'm assuming you're thinking of, its management. When the management changes, bearing a grudge against a corporate entity is ridiculous.

And if you see someone saying something like "I want to buy/like lucidity but I'm still mad at LucasArts" please feel free to slap them with a cheesegrater.

Haven't played Sam & Max yet, so I never was. :cool:

Go out there and buy it now. You need to play it!!! I love Sam and Max so I over exaggerated a little.:max:

I'm not exactly mad, more slightly disappointed. On the one hand, it's great that we now have companies like Telltale and Double Fine and Autumn Moon making cool games, and LucasArts ever so slowly returning to their roots, but on the other, it would have been interesting to see how the original LucasArts would have developed, with Freelance Police and Full Throttle 2 released, and possibly other adventures as well. Still, Telltale did a bang-up job with Sam & Max, and with LucasArts having approached them, the balance in the universe is pretty much restored.
Ya pretty much same here. Never was realy mad.

Yup. They took to long to come back to the classics and they were stupid to ever leave them in the first place.

Ya. It was stupid but there new CEO seems to agree.

This thread is stupid. You're aware a company isn't an individual you should be mad at, right? A company is the sum of its employees and, in the case of the stuff I'm assuming you're thinking of, its management. When the management changes, bearing a grudge against a corporate entity is ridiculous.

And if you see someone saying something like "I want to buy/like lucidity but I'm still mad at LucasArts" please feel free to slap them with a cheesegrater.

Ya but what urluckyday says pretty much sums it up. So therefore this thread is not stupid.

"please feel free to slap them with a cheesegrater." Dont be so negative. Its what destroys nations.

Heres a list of sequals. Most failed to be released. This is from Wikipedia under Sam and Max Hit the Road.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

=========================================================

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sequels

Sam & Max: Freelance Police was to take the franchise into 3D graphics

Main articles: Sam & Max: Freelance Police and Sam & Max Save the World

The first attempts at creating a sequel took place in September 2001 with Sam & Max Plunge Through Space.[17] The game was to be an Xbox exclusive title, developed by Infinite Machine, a small company consisting of a number of former LucasArts employees. The story of the game was developed by series creator Steve Purcell and fellow designer Chuck Jordan and involved the Freelance Police travelling the galaxy to find a stolen Statue of Liberty. However, Infinite Machine went bankrupt within a year, and the project was abandoned.[18]

At the 2002 Electronic Entertainment Expo convention, nearly a decade after the release of Sam & Max Hit the Road, LucasArts announced the production of a PC sequel, entitled Sam & Max: Freelance Police.[19] Freelance Police, like Hit the Road, was to be a point-and-click graphic adventure game, utilising a new 3D game engine. Development of Freelance Police was led by Michael Stemmle, one of the original designers of Sam and Max Hit the Road. Steve Purcell contributed to the project by writing the story and producing concept art.[19] The original voice actors for Sam and Max, Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, were also set to reprise their roles. In March 2004, however, quite far into the game's development, Sam & Max: Freelance Police was abruptly cancelled by LucasArts, citing "current market place realities and underlying economic considerations" in a short press release.[20] The fan reaction to the cancellation was strong; a petition of 32,000 signatures stating the disappointment of fans was later presented to LucasArts.[19]

After LucasArts' license with Steve Purcell expired in 2005, the Sam & Max franchise moved to Telltale Games, a company of former LucasArts employees who had worked on a number of LucasArts adventure games, including on the development of Freelance Police. Under Telltale Games, a new episodic series of Sam & Max video games was announced. Like both Sam & Max Hit the Road and Freelance Police, Sam & Max Save the World was in a point-and-click graphic adventure game format, although it lacked the original voice actors for the characters. The first season ran for six episodes, each with a self-contained storyline but with an overall story arc running through the series. The first episode was released on GameTap in October 2006, with episodes following regularly until April 2007, and a special compilation on the Wii released in October 2008. A second season, Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space, began in November 2007 and ended in April 2008, while a third season is confirmed for 2009.[21]

Archived