Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

137 ABY... 8 months after the Sith-Imperial war

The Sith Empire is finally gone. A new time of rejoice is celebrated around the Galaxy. Thanks to the help of the GA, the Jedi, Roan Fel's empire, and those faithful of defeating the Sith, the Galaxy can be at peace.

But for the moment...

A new threat has risen. He calls himself the Dark Master. But he is also known as Darth Sethos. This Sith Lord is the survivor of the fallen Sith Order. He overthrew Roan Fel by having one of his spies as an Imperial Knight. Now, he claims the throne on Coruscant. He also has followers, called the Shadow Dwellers. No one can stand against him. None but one...

Cade Skywalker, along with loved ones and friends, might rise up to help the Galaxy. But now, they're pirating for goods, having adventure, and trying to keep assassins off their backs...

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleep. It was the best thing anyone could have nowadays. Lyna Honso slept in the co-pilot's seat in the cockpit. The young woman was glad that the war was over. That the Sith were gone. That the Galaxy was now in peace...

As she slept, her little binjinphant pet and friend, Cyan, jumped on her lap. Lyna awoke with a slight stir. She looked down, and saw Cyan on her lap. The little female binjinphant let out a friendly squeal. Lyna chuckled warmly.

"Hey there, gal. What'cha doing?" she asked.

Cyan stood on her little hind legs, and began to lick Lyna on the face. "Ha ha! Okay, okay, Cyan. I'm up." Lyna looked at the view. They were still in hyperspace, heading towards Socorro. There, they were going to get some goods and hangout there for a bit. But to Lyna... Socorro was a scary place.

Lyna patted Cyan's black and white fur sadly. "Oh, Cyan. Why Socorro? Why? If the Bloody Bones hurt us... then again... Cade can handle them again. Right?"

Cyan squealed with agreement. The young woman smiled. "Yeah. You're right." Lyna looked back up at the many stars that past by their VCX-700 ship.

Cade walked through the Command Deck of his new ship, titled The Ossanian Angel. He walked up the ramp, which led to a small platform overlooking the galaxy map. He noticed it was hologram began flickering.

"Nale!" Cade called beneath him. The Iridonian mechanic Nale pulled himself out of a hatch that led into the bowles of the hologram projector.

"I dont believe this..." Nale muttered. "That greasy rat has chewed on the power cabling."

Cades eyes narrowed, as they moved to the cockpit, where Lyna was sitting.

"Lyna!" he called. "I thought I told you get rid of that thing?!"

Nale breathed a heavy sigh. "Its going to take me overnight to replace these cables..."

The Angel was dashing through Hyperspace, on its way to Socorro which was a few hours away.

The Ossanian Angel used to be an Imperial Ship, which was schedualed to be dismantled to recycle the parts. Cade managed reboot it back online when he found it on Raxus Prime, before it was about to be dismantled by the Jawas. It took months to repair and refurnish, and alot of credits.

Nar Shaadaa. The galaxy's pit for criminals and smugglers, and now the home of the Sith. It wasn't Korriban, but it'll have to do for now. The Malevolent One, a Pellaeon ship unlike any other, was in orbit above it.

Darth Sethos stared out the bridge, into the dark metallic planet that lay below. Thousands of ships were moving at any one time. The distance of the Malevolent One from the planet below made them look like ants to Sethos, squirming and crawling around the vast crevices of Nar Shaadaa. It didn't look like it yet, It didn't seem like it yet, but Nar Shaadaa is now the home of the Sith. Down below, in its lowest corners are secret training facilities, secret bases, and much more. It was a place where the New Sith, the Bloodbringers roamed.

As Sethos was observing the bridge below, a strong noise began resonating in his mind. It sounded like millions of bees buzzing at different times, making an irritating bzzzt noise. The noise got louder and louder until...

Sethos was sleeping as a creature jumped up on his lap. This shocked Sethos, who immediately and profusely woke up after. Sethos looked down, or rather the person he was looked down. He tried hard to control himself, trying very hard to look up. He realized he wasn't himself after all. A large buzzing noise was heard in Sethos's head again, making way for the inevitable...

RETURN. Sethos was back in his own body, now in control of it. He again saw the life of the planet Nar Shaadaa. It took Sethos a few minutes of meditation to realize what was happening, but now he has.

"The survivor. It is time!"

Sethos screamed at the bridge of his ship, where every crew member started looking at him. One brave soldier operating a terminal dared approach him and ask if he was okay.

"The survivor. It is time!"

Sethos screamed again. His eyes were now devoid of the irises they once had. He pointed at the soldier who approached him. The next sight was particularly gruesome. It seemed that every bone in the soldier's body was conspiring to get out, and the next second, they did. A mass of blood and bones remained in the spot where the soldier once was, and his face peeled off his skull. Onlookers watched on in horror.

And alas, the next moment, Sethos was back to normal again. He retreated backward, as if he was dazed at what he had just done. Not that he realized what he did, of course. But one thing is sure. It is time.

Dravin Crees sat in the corner boon in the Golden Gorg Cantina, upon the Crimson Axe. The seat wasn't particular comfortable but it would do. Stretching his arms across the top of the chair he listened to another person trying to make a deal for a smuggling job. Dravin has had several run in's with this person before, each promising ton's of credits.

"And.. how much would this particular job pay? Corris" Dravin said in a relaxed tone as he tiled his head back.

"Well that's the thing Dravin" Corris said hesitantly "I was wondering if this run would be more like a favor. Once I sell the goods though I'll pay you. Promise"

"You know where my hand is Corris. It's upon my blaster. And you know how accurate I can be." Dravin said, his head still resting against the back of the seat.

Then mixed with with all the background noise of the Cantina he heard a chair screach backwards and Corris run off. Dravin shifted a little in his seat quite pleased with himself. He didn't do jobs for fee, and never would. A small smile spread across his face as he relaxed there listening to the music play, and the laughter of the patrons. For now Dravin was in his own little paradise.

"Lyna!" he called. "I thought I told you get rid of that thing?!"

The young woman glanced back at Cade, wondering what he meant. Then she glared at him. She realized that he was talking about Cyan. "No! Cade, you know that Cyan is my little companion. She'd never do anything to hurt anyone. Unless something bad happens. How come you--"

Cyan snarled at Cade, as her little fur began to stand and she showed her little teeth. Lyna held the little binjingphant back. "Easy, Cyan. Easy girl..." She smiled up at Cade. "See? That's her way of saying... uh... she likes you."

Nale breathed a heavy sigh. "Its going to take me overnight to replace these cables..."

Lyna squinted her eyes at Nale curiously. "Why? What happened to the cable?"

A cloaked starship moved gently through space. It was following another ship not tood far ahead of where it was. The ship was careful and precise in its movement. It went up when the other ship went up and moved right when the other ship moved right. The pilot inside the ship looked almost like the very ship he was piloting, lifeless. He had so manly implants and cybernetic parts that even he forgot he was human from time to time. Both his hands were locked on the control sticks and eyes were locked on the ship ahead. He had been following this ship for quite some time and was just waiting for them to land but he wouldn't strike then. No, he would wait until the right time and then he would get his revenge.

"Soon Skywalker," echoed a robotic like voice, "soon."

"Why? What happened to the cable?"

Nale walked over to the cockpit to show the torn up cables with chew marks. "That little dirty racoon of yours chewed on the power cabling of the Holographic Projector. They need to be replaced, but its not as easy as it sounds."

Cade stared grimmly at the snarling Cyan, then back at Lyna. He breathed a heavy sigh. "She's your responcibility Lyna; I'll be setting up automated rat-traps to ensure this doesnt happen again..."

He walked away. "Ugh... I need a drink..."

((Great job so far, guys! :) ))

"That little dirty racoon of yours chewed on the power cabling of the Holographic Projector. They need to be replaced, but its not as easy as it sounds."

Cyan laid her head down on Lyna's lap, covering her face with her paws. Lyna looked at the power cabling. Then she glanced up at Nale. "I'm sure she didn't mean to. But I'm sorry, Nale. It won't happen again, I promise."

"She's your responcibility Lyna; I'll be setting up automated rat-traps to ensure this doesnt happen again..."

After Cade walked away, Lyna sighed sadly. She looked down at Cyan and patted her again. "It's not your fault that you've been following me around. You just want someone to be with."

Cyan whimpered sadly, keeping her head down.

Lyna looked at the vortex of stars again. "What's wrong with Cade, Cyan? Ever since the war ended, he seemed to get... darker. I feel it. If only he'd let me help him. If only..." She closed her eyes and bowed her head, hiding the tears that struggled to come out...

((I finally decided to post :p And what in the world is a binjingphant?))

Austin Dukale was heading for Socorro, it was his month off, so he went to where he always goes, Socorro, the best smuggler planet in the galaxy. The Red Beetle was currently cloaked in case anybody wanted some target practice on his ship. A small floating droid hovered over to Austin.

"How much longer until we land FH?" Austin asked the droid.

"Five minutes," The droid answered.

"Good, dismissed," Austin said.

The droid left the cockpit, leaving Austin alone. The Beetle continued its course toword the planet.

((That's all I can think of now, and it looks like we're gonna meet already :p))

Sethos's breakdown had caused quite a commotion with his crew, and he had to crush the throats of five men he overheard talking about him. This action normally gives him satisfaction, but he was too worried at the time. He was worried and curious about his out-of-body experience, with him being put into the perspective of someone else. He left the comforts of the bridge and went to his personal meditation chamber. In it is a small pyramid figure in the middle. It was the Holocron of Emperor Palpatine, or as he is known around the Sith, Darth Sidious.

Sethos went inside the chambers, a big red room with walls covered with red writing. The writing was in the ancient Sith language, something only the greatest of Sith can read, much less comprehend. Sethos bent over then picked up the Holocron.

"I call on you, Sidious. I seek your counsel." Sethos focused all his force on the holocron, and it opened, revealing a hologram of Emperor Palpatine. The holocron was, as Sethos learned from Palpatine himself, much harder to open than your average holocron, and one might find himself exhausted after he opens it. Sethos is a bit tired now, but he knew that whatever information Palpatine will divulge will be worth it.

The hologram stared at Sethos, then cackled. "I knew it. You'd be back eventually."

Darth Sethos was not scared by the image projected by Palpatine, neither by his intimidation tactics.

"I have had an out-of-body experience", Sethos uttered to the hologram.

Palpatine, or rather his soul stored in the holocron, seemed more interested now. He looked at Sethos a bit more attentively.

"Continue."

Sethos reveled in the fact that Palpatine was interested in him now more than ever. IT seems that plans of conquest are not what attracts the attention of Palpatine, but rather ancient Sith mysteries. "I have envisioned myself looking out from the eyes of another person. After a few seconds of being in this trance, I found myself wielding great power.. and not being in control of myself."

Palpatine cackled once again. "These are ancient Sith curses. Or gifts if you will. The first vision, that of being in another person's body, is known as The Acclaimed One. The Ancient Sith spirits guide you, Sethos. The second, of wielding great power but not being able to control yourself, is the Triumph of the Dead. A person or people you have killed claims that you are about to be put out of power soon. These signs being at the same time might give you a meaning. Farewell."

The holocron closed and fell to the ground, as of by its own volition. Sethos knew he couldn't open it until he needs it again, and he had to meditate to regain his lost strength. So meditate he did.

((Here, Darth Scorcher. This is a binjinphant: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tessellated_Arboreal_binjinphant :) ))

Lyna rested on the co-pilot chair again, with Cyan resting on her lap as well. Earlier, she somehow felt a disturbance in the Force. As if it was something... cold and dark. Lyna couldn't point out what it was, but all she knew was that it was something that stung her body like a small needle.

Maybe... she'd meditate on this. Or maybe she could get answers from a Jedi Master. But who? Only time would tell...

Suddenly, Lyna heard a small beeping sound from one of the control panels. They were almost near Socorro. The young woman picked up Cyan, and held her in her arms. Then she got up from the seat, and ran out of the cockpit to find Cade.

Finally, she got to where Cade was. "Cade. We're almost at Socorro. The signal started to "beep", so... just wanted to let ya know." Lyna looked at Cade, biting her lower lip nervously.

((Ah, thanks, I don't really know much of Star Wars beyond the movies and a few of the games, and the first Darth Bane novel, so I have to rely on Wookieepedia for EU info.))

Austin heard of the strange news about Darth Sethos, it sounded pretty frightening, which is why he's usually he's not on Sethos' flagship, you never know what to expect. He got the news from one of his friends in the empire, then his friend "disappeared" shortly after.

Austin heard a beep from the navigation console.

"FH, how long until we land?" He asked.

FH-78 floated into the cockpit, "One minute sir," the droid answered.

"Alright, got the goods?" Austin asked.

"Uhm, 'goods' sir?" The droid asked.

"Ugh, the equipment we need to sell, remember." Austin answered.

"Yes, the equipment is ready and packed." FH answered.

"Good, dismissed." Austin said, then waited for the landing.

Cylax's ship raced after Cade's. He was beginning to grow tired of tracking him through space but this was the calming before the storm. Once Cade landed the ship, the real game would begin. He looked down at his controls and now saw a planet coming into view.

Socorro? What are you planning Jedi?

He wasn't sure what buisness the jedi had on Socorro. The only thing he did know though was that this would be the last planet Skywalker ever visited.

"Cade. We're almost at Socorro. The signal started to "beep", so... just wanted to let ya know."

Cade was leaning against the base of the holographic projector, where him and Nale were trying to fix it through the hatch.

"Its called a "Navigation Console", Lyna." Cade smirked. "It alerts us when we are about to reach our destination. But thats beside the point..."

He left the room and headed for his quarters so he could grab his belongings; his jacket, and utility belt clipped with his blaster and lightsaber. He sighed.

She's been crying again... he thought. "Everybody get ready. Lyna, prepare the ship for docking. I'll be with you shortly to request permission to land."

Darth Sethos had finished his meditation, and his towering figure stood once again in the bridge. He did not encounter strange visions ever since meditation, and he had to wonder if meditation somehow stopped them from coming. He threw the thought away, knowing full well that simple meditation can never stop the strongest of Sith spirits. He stared out into Nar Shaadaa, anticipating the second coming of the visions.

This time, Sethos was not put into the body of another. He jumped straight to Triumph of the Dead. He shot lightning all over the bridge, incinerating tens of his crew.

"Set course. For. Sorocco. NOW!" Sethos shouted at all the people inside his bridge. They knew better than to disobey him, but one of them apparently was still learning the ropes. He shouted back at Sethos,

"But sir! We have some important matt-"

Sethos never let him finish. Now, The Malevolent One is set for Socorro.

Stretching in his seat Dravin looked around noticing business was slowly picking up as the time passed by. This usually meant that more ships were in the hanger bay. With a slight grin upon his face he stood up and started to walk towards the exit. His footsteps were soft upon the metal floor. He always took great measure to make sure his presence wasn't known if he was ever going to leave. Last thing he needed is rejected clients to stalk him as he went to 'procure' a new ship for himself.

His head was slightly tilt down at an angle allowing his hood to hide his face as he walked out of the Cantina. His destination was the Hanger bay. So many of those patrons had ships, and it wouldn't take much effort on his part to change the mainframe of the ship to make it seem like he was the owner. Next to his martial art abilities his ability with technology was quite impressive. This planet after all was one of many planets that was a paradise for smugglers such as himself.

"Stop there Dravin!" a familiar voice said from behind him.

Dravin let out a soft sigh as he turned around to see Corris standing there pointing a shaking blaster at him. This was a little amusing to Dravin. He already knew Corris was a horrible shot at best so the threat was minimal. Slowly he took steps towards Corris his hand placed over the handle of his blaster. When Dravin finally stopped he stood over the man that was threatening his life.

"What is it you want Corris?" Dravin said in a low threatening tone.

"Uh.. well... I'm...I'm going to make you... do the contract." Corris said, fear engulfed in his words.

"Your going to make me, are you?" Dravin said with slight laughter "And how are you going to do that?"

Corris didn't respond he didn't say anything. He just stood there his hand holding the blaster shaking uncontrollably. This was a little more amusing to Dravin then before.

"Suggestion Corris" Dravin said breaking the silence. He leaned in close to Corris's ear and whisper "Run..."

As the word finished escaping his lips Corris ran in the opposite direction that Dravin was going dropping his blaster along the way. Shaking his head Dravin turned around and continued his journey to the Hanger Bay, to check out the merchandise of ships that were docking.

"Its called a "Navigation Console", Lyna." Cade smirked. "It alerts us when we are about to reach our destination. But thats beside the point..."

Lyna smiled. "Ah. I see." She stood near the doorway, waiting for Cade to get ready. As she waited, Lyna thought if Cade knew that... well... she didn't want to think that. But... he still cared, right?

The young girl sighed, and quietly laughed. "Aww, Cade's a great guy. No matter what." She then heard Cade's voice.

"Everybody get ready. Lyna, prepare the ship for docking. I'll be with you shortly to request permission to land."

"M'kay. Will do," Lyna said with a smile. She walked back to the cockpit, and deactivated the hyperspace navigation. The planet Socorro was now in view. After going through the atmosphere, Lyna flew over the Black Sands. Ahead, she could see the old Crimson Axe ship that was permanently in an old Sarlaac pit.

Cyan jumped on Lyna's head, and let out a low squeal, hiding her little face. Lyna smiled. "Aww, don't worry, Cyan. It may look like a scary place, but no ones gonna hurt us." She gulped nervously.

The Malevolent One had just left hyperspace, and Darth Sethos now sits on his bridge, meditating on his thoughts. He had ordered the ship to come here by his own impulse, and he had to figure out what was here. The survivor?, he thought to himself. He kept meditating for a long time, while The Malevolent One remained idle, near the desert world that is Socorro.

No crewmember dared to break the eerie silence that surrounded the ship, seeing full well what happened to those who did. Everyone looked for a job to do, a thing that needed doing.

And Sethos kept meditating, for it was his purpose at the time to try and find out.. his purpose. He tried to open the holocron once again earlier, but alas, Palpatine remained elusive. And without a Master to guide him, Sethos was alone in the dark. There had to be a reason for this. The ancient Sith did not guide me here for nothing.

Cade walked into the cockpit and jumped into the empty co-pilot seat. As they long passed the Crimson Axe, and the city of Vakeyya was in sight, Cade opened a communication channel.

"Vakeyya Dock Control, this is Ossanian Angel requesting permission to land."

A female operator voice replied. "Ossanisn Angel, this is Vakkeyya Dock Control 4. We are processing your request and scanning your registration."

"Copy that..." Cade looked back at Lyna with a slight grin. "Good thing I replaced those Registration Plates." he whispered. "Otherwise, we'de have Imperial TIE Fighters on our ass!"

"Ossanian Angel, this is Dock Control. Your permission has been granted! Proceed to Docking Bay 12."

"Thank you very much!" Cade closed the communication channel. The ship made a landing on top of a platform within the dome-shaped docking port. Cade stretched.

"Great! I'm hungry. My treat?" Cade beamed. "We also better scout around for another assignment."

Seth Rage was sleeping when he got an impression to go to Socorro. He didn't know why. Were there things there worth plundering ? He didn't know. All he knew was that he needed to go there. "Vrik set course for Socorro" , as you wish captain. Vrik had always been a loyal friend. They soon departed from the hidden base on Endor.

Cylax's ship started entered Socorro's atmosphere. He quickly turned on his radar jammer to block communications. Now they would never know he was there. He parked his ship far enough from Cade's to not be seen, but close enough to keep up. He exited and looked around until he spotted his target. A rodian gave him an awkward stare as he passed by. Cylax looked down and forgot he was no longer a human that could easily blend in. He gave a soft sigh and turned on his stealth belt. His entire body was now cloaked by the tiny belt. He began to make his way into the crowd.

And now the game begins.

A slight smile came across Dravin's face as he wondered around the Docking Bay. So many choices of ships today. Some of them looked like they could use some work, while others looked to be in top condition. Dravin didn't really mind taking the beat up ships because then it would be easier to change the codes to the vessel to make it appear that he was the rightful owner. Granted being a thief wasn't entirely in his true nature, but when it came to do or die, he would do what he needed too. Suddenly there was a slight tingling feeling through his head. This happened from time to time to warn him of danger or any sort of trouble. But this time it seemed a little different.

Peeking up his head a little he glanced around trying to see if he could pin point it. All he saw was a mass of humans, duro's, and rodians alike wondering around The Crimson Axe docking bay. Shrugining it of he continued for his prize ship.

"Good thing I replaced those Registration Plates." he whispered. "Otherwise, we'de have Imperial TIE Fighters on our ass!"

Lyna returned a grin. "Oh yeah. You're defiantly right. Thank goodness we don't have them on our tails," she whispered back.

After the female operator gave them permission to land, Lyna flew the ship to Docking Bay 12 inside the dome-shaped docking port. After the ship landed, Lyna glanced at Cade.

"Great! I'm hungry. My treat?" Cade beamed. "We also better scout around for another assignment."

Lyna nodded. "Oh yes! Let's get something to eat first, then get another assignment. What'cha think, Cade?" she asked with a smile.

"Oh yes! Let's get something to eat first, then get another assignment. What'cha think, Cade?"

"Thats the basic equivilance to what I said, so there wont be much difference..." he left the cockpit and exited the ship through the ramp. The levels around the dome held ports and platforms for other ships to dock. The Ossanian Angel had parked onto 1st level above the ground.

The crew took the elevator, through the lobby and outside. Vakeyya was very brightly lit at night. Speeders zoomed by above there heads, and there were crowds of people walking on the red sand. Music could be heard from the background.

This was Cade's kind of place. They blended in with the crowd, heading for one of the Entertainment Squares; where it consisted of cantina's, diners and all sorts of places where Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries like to hang out.

But Cade felt unease. He could feel the presence of somebody familiar behind him. He looked back; no recognisable faces. He dismissed his feeling of paranoia, and thought about other things. But still, to be in this type of place it was worth people keeping their guard up. Cade always did.

Archived