Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

"Being afraid" he said in a calm tone leaning back into the chair staring out of the bridge window "isn't something to be ashamed of. We all are afraid of something, sometimes it's best to be afraid then to not. At least then you know your being honest with yourself. And if anything just talk to some one about what you feel."

Lyna looked at him. She then smiled. "Yeah. You're right about that." She sighed, looking down. "The real reason why I left was because the Sith that attacked me is mainly hunting for me. Maybe the Sith are hunting for me now. I don't know why. He said something about killing my parents, which really upsets me. But... he didn't tell me who he was."

She sighed. "Either way, I'm gonna do this alone. For the Galaxy." She closed her eyes sadly. "For Cade."

Lyna began to set the controls to hyperspace. She had to understand why the Sith wanted to kill her. And... to find out who she really was.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"She may have left because she needed time to herself. Based on what I have heard your little group has had quite the hard time. And I will not pass judgment on her so I will not say anything about her possible emotional unstability."

"Thats easy for you to say..." Cade replied, and stood up from the bed. "You dont know her like we do. She has done many crazy things in the past. One time I remember she abandoned us for her idiot of an ex-boyfriend and her old abusive circus ring leader she used to work for. The consequences were quite devasating; for all of us. But that chapter has been put behind us."

"You know it's possible she left to combat this new threat by herself to protect you and the others. And if that is the case then you and your group will need to find her before the sith do."

"Perhaps... But we'll see." Cade said gruffly. He watched as the masked Jedi was about to leave the room, but paused and looked back at him.

Just so you know, my name is Atrila."

He smiled. "Cade..." he pointed to himself. "Nice to meet you."

After Atrilla left the room, Cade wondered around. Eventually, he left the room and made his way back down to the hanger where his ship was still parked. He boarded the ramp. Nale was already waiting for him in the Center Lounge/Security Room, leaning against the Holographic projector platform.

"We're going after Lyna?" Nale asked.

"Nope. We're going after Rawks shuttle, to get it back. For a very good reason too..." he walked down the hallway. "Because on that shuttle is a cache of vital data Rawk needs decrypting. If we want a better chance at standing up against the Sith and Imperials, than that cache is very essential. Lets just pray to Ragnos that Dravin doesnt find it before we do..."

Dravin listened to Lyna as she spoke. He didn't quite understand it all, though he could she was determined in what she planned on doing. Shifting slightly in the chair he rested his cheek upon his closed hand and watched as the ship entered hyperspace.

"So what do you hope to learn in..." he paused for a moment to think "Ossus? was it?"

"So what do you hope to learn in..." he paused for a moment to think "Ossus? was it?"

Lyna stared at the vortex they were in, nodding at Dravin's question. Cyan jumped on her master's lap. Petting the little binjinphant, Lyna sighed quietly. "First, I'm gonna find any Jedi artifacts there that can help me defeat the Sith. Then... I'm gonna find the Sith that murdered my parents and bring him down, along with his followers."

The young woman glanced at Dravin, hope twinkling in her eyes. "I gotta try..."

------------------------------

Syana was with Slate, the armored man. Did everyone here hide their identity? She didn't blame them.

She looked at Slate and smiled. "Nah. I think I can walk. Oh yeah. I usually or never said this but... thank you."

Slate barely made a motion, only swiveling his head in the slightest as someone entered the room.

"I can finish healing her up once we get on the ship. I've got a canister of Bacta in here," Cylax said, pointing to his right arm.

"Good, that means one less thing to worry about. You can help me with her when onboard the ship," Slate said to Cylax, curious to see the cyborg actually had a heart, not that he was one to talk. "Now all I need is a medkit to treat her hip, I believe it took some bone damage, and a kolto salve would really finish the healing process up nice."

Slate turned his full attention back on Syana as he felt her emotions pulse through the Force. Sith could be so easy to read, when they weren't careful.

"Nah. I think I can walk. Oh yeah. I usually or never said this but... thank you." Came the reply from Syana, Slate leaning back a bit.

"Good, that means the healing process has progressed faster than I expected, and had hoped," he said aloud, but almost to himself more than anyone else.

"And, Syana, you are welcome," he said, returning his attention to the present.

"Maybe, if you don't run away like Lyna, back to your master; you might find a place amongst our group. Who knows Syana, I might just let you see under the helmet," Slate remarked, chuckling quite cynically at this, he continued. "Then again, I'd be more likely to teach you the ways of the Fo....."

Slate paused, he'd almost slipped up, something very unlikely with him. He'd let his guard down a bit too much, he'd have to watch himself in the future.

".....Assassins, of the Outer Galaxy, very rare, but effective techniques. You could definitely use it," he finished, a rare jesting undertone to his voice.

'Well, I recovered from that one quite well,' he thought to himself, as he got up from the seat.

"Well, I think we should head for Cade's ship, Syana, Sir Cylax, he might just leave us behind if we dawdle," Slate said, making a valid point, and reaching out his hand to help Syana up, a gentlemanly courtesy he'd only ever shown to one person, Cass.

((Hmm? Interesting ideas there Slate just mentioned.))

Cylax looked at Slate and Syana with a rather confused look. He didn't know assassin's could have hearts but what was he to say on that. He wasn't sure why an assasin would befriend for a sith or why a sith would accept this but one thing he did know was it was surprisingly nice. For a split second, Cylax felt happiness and warmth. For a split second his faith in people was restored. However, he quickly let the moment disappear.

"Well, I think we should head for Cade's ship, Syana, Sir Cylax, he might just leave us behind if we dawdle,"

"I'll make sure Skywalker doesn't leave without us. You and Syana should take your time getting there just incase any of her wounds reopen." he said to Slate giving him a slight nod.

With that he left the room and started making his way to the ship. He turned around a corner and nearly ran into the helmeted jedi from earlier.

"My apologies jedi, I did not see you there. We should make our way to Skywalker's ship before he leaves everyone behind."

Dravin stared at the counsel in front of him as he listened to Lyna giving her reasons as to why she was doing what she was doing. It seemed pretty rash and fool hearty to go and face an entire fleet, and some one who is more powerful then yourself all alone. Even the greatest of hero's had someone helping them along the way.

"So... you plan on taking on the entire fleet alone do you? And do you even have a plan yet? Of how you'll be able to pull off such a feet." Dravin said his eyes looking over towards Lyna.

It wasn't really the fact that he was judging her, or questioning her motivation in anyway. He just wanted to make sure if he was going to take part in a suicide mission he'd at least be well informed of what was to come.

((Thanks, Betrayer. :) ))

Lyna bit her lower lip sadly. "Well... yes on facing the enemy alone, and no, I have no plan yet. But... I'll think of somethin'. Hopefully." She glanced over at Dravin and smiled. "You can help me, if you like. I just don't want anyone getting hurt 'cause of me..."

Lyna looked back at the vortex of stars, hoping they'd reach Ossus soon.

----------------------------

Syana smiled warmly, and took Slate's hand. After she stood up, the young woman looked up at him and smiled. "Ready when you are..."

Dravin leaned back into the chair and folding his hands together watching as the hyperspace whirlpool surrounded the ship. As he looked out the window a small sigh escaped his mouth. Yes, as of the moment he had every intention on sticking with Lyna, letting someone go in alone on a suicide mission wasn't exactly of in the best interest of his moral conciuos.

"People don't get hurt because of one person in particular. They get hurt because its the actions of many that allow it. Others chose to follow who they do because they believe in that person, so them being harmed would fall upon them and not you. Thats how I look at things anyways." He said to her trying to reassure her as best as he could.

"This ritual is dangerous, indeed. But we require it so that the Shadow Dwellers will forever prosper", said Lord Sethos to the Council that gathered with him.

"All of us have an inkling of the Force, stronger in some than in others. Channeling the dark energy that the Force provides us, and we are able to track any organism that exists in the universe."

"But such a ritual has never been attempted before! The results can be magnanimous! And all this for one person?" This time, it was one of the council that spoke, one of the young and brilliant leaders of the Shadow Dwellers.

"And you're saying that you'll let the woman who is destined to destroy us all run free because of the risk it takes to find her?", argued another. This time, the leader of the Bloodbringers, ever loyal.

"Very well, I see your point", replied the first.

"Good. Then this tumultuous matter is settled. The council shall begin the ritual on the sun's falling. The Survivor shall never see the light of day again!"

"All hail Lord Sethos!", screamed the council.

My apologies jedi, I did not see you there. We should make our way to Skywalker's ship before he leaves everyone behind."

Atrial nodded her helmeted head at him and smiled underneath her helmet. "While we walk perhaps you can enlighten me on a few things that have been bothering me since I arrived on this planet."

She fell in step with the cyborg and remained silent for a moment.

"If you would, could you tell me what has happend to this group since the begining of their journey? And if you don't mind my asking, but how did you become a cyborg?"

"While we walk perhaps you can enlighten me on a few things that have been bothering me since I arrived on this planet."

Cylax looked at jedi with a quizzical look. He wasn't sure he was the right person to be talking to about problems, but he nodded at the jedi's request.

"If you would, could you tell me what has happend to this group since the begining of their journey? And if you don't mind my asking, but how did you become a cyborg?"

"Besides the sith constantly attacking, I'm not sure. There was this one sith back on Soccoro that was a little off. He seemed to the leader of the group from what I could tell. And I didn't become a cyborg, I was forced to so let's just leave it at that," Cylax said harshly. "My apologies jedi, I'm sure you understand what I'm talking back with that helmet of yours... I'm Cylax by the way," he added in tired of calling this person jedi.

Cade waited in the cockpit, sitting in the pilots seat and crossing his arms. He stared at the console, and thought it be a good idea to open up the ramp of his ship for everyone to aboard.

Presumably, these new teamates of his will accompany him on retrieving the Shuttle. Suddenly, his proximity was visited by an unsuprising individual.

"Save your breath. I'm coming with you whether you like it or not boy!" Rawk sat in the co-pilot seat. Cade glanced back.

"Fine. Just be careful not fall over on your way back." Cade smirked. Rawk grumbled.

"Ha-freakin'-Ha..." Rawk spat sarcastically. "I may be old, but you may be suprised."

"Tell me Rawk... How did you manage to get a data cache filled with Imperial Schematics, Technological and Weapon Designs?" Cade queried. "And why is it stored onto your shuttle?"

"An interesting question. Remember those inspections I told you about? Well, Micah being the stubborn-minded rascal aboarded the Sith Vessel. He actually managed to hack into the Imperial Database and made a copy of those Schematics and Designs. I intended to use them as a form of Blackmail the next time those kriffin' Imps pay me another visit - but they could be used for an even greater purpose."

"Oookay... so why are they stored onto your Shuttle's computer?"

"I'm getting to that! You dont seriously believe that I'm blind and foolish enough to leave it on my Personal Computer, do you? Anyway... I doubt that hooded friend of yours and your silly girlfriend would be ever so lucky enough to find them. They're protected by a system of Barriers and Passwords."

"My apologies jedi, I'm sure you understand what I'm talking back with that helmet of yours... I'm Cylax by the way,"

She looked over at him and nodded before responding. "My name is Atrila."

Atrila continued walking in silence toward the ship until finally walking up the boarding ramp.

"You said that one of the sith on Soccoro seemed to be the leader of the group. Tell me more about him. Was he a sith lord? Did he have any special abilities that you saw? Any information about him at all would be greatly appreciated."

((I'm back, guys. No worries. :^: ))

"People don't get hurt because of one person in particular. They get hurt because its the actions of many that allow it. Others chose to follow who they do because they believe in that person, so them being harmed would fall upon them and not you. Thats how I look at things anyways."

Lyna glanced at Dravin and thought about. Maybe he was right. Maybe she she just needed to calm down and not think on the negative side. Lyna nodded with a smile. "Thank you, Dravin." Suddenly, the navigation console came off.

"Finally! That's our stop." After deactivating the hyperspace navigation, the shuttle came out of hyperspace. The planet Ossus was now in view. Lyna smiled to herself as Cyan went on her shoulder to look at the view as well.

"Ossus. Where the old Jedi Academy use to stand..." She sighed, and flew towards the planet's atmosphere. Hopefully, she'd find something here that might help her defeat the Sith and it's leader.

"You said that one of the sith on Soccoro seemed to be the leader of the group. Tell me more about him. Was he a sith lord? Did he have any special abilities that you saw? Any information about him at all would be greatly appreciated."

Cylax thought back to when they were on Soccoro. He remembered four sith had attacked the group of jedi.

"He lead a small team of sith, but he had an army so there's no question he's a sith lord. He had armor hidden under his robes and his hood his most of his face expect I could see some type of mask covering his mouth. He seemed to know Lyna Honso, he kept calling her survivor. I hope this helps you Atrila."

He made his way into the shuttle and towards the cockpit.

"The signal's starting to get weak, but its still traceable. They must have just come out of hyperspace as my tracker just started acting up again. The good news is they're not too far from us." Cylax stared at the coordinates for a few seconds before continuing. "Tell me Skywalker, did either one of them mention anything about Ossus because that's where they're heading."

Dravin sat quietly in the co-pilots chair as the view of Ossus came into view. Lyna wasn't a bad pilot, maybe if things settled in a more positive manner he could convince her to perhaps pick a different type of life style. Now she mentioned looking for something, something about her past maybe. Did she mention family? Dravin shifted slightly and rested his chin on the back of his fingers while resting his left hand on his lap.

"Well in any case Miss. Lyna" He said to her calmly as his eyes never left the approaching planet "My skills are yours if you need them."

Syana smiled warmly, and took Slate's hand, the armored man helping the young woman up in a very courteous manner that he'd only really ever shown to one other person. "Ready when you are..." She told him with a smile that made Slate's brows furrow in a state of mixed emotions under his helmet, hidden from sight.

"Then let us depart to the ship, so I may finish treating your wounds," he told her, letting go of her, and leading her through Rawk's home, retrieving a med-kit, they went to the shuttle bay, where he found Cade's ship prepped and ready, and fortunately open to allow them entrance.

He led her up the ramp, and into the ship, looking around, he felt everyone was aboard, and banged on the metal wall of the ship loudly, shouting towards the cockpit, "Everyone's on Cade, hit the thrusters!"

With that, he turned back to Syana, looking her over for a minute, then asking, "Well, other than treating you, I don't know what else to do with you, but...."

Slate looked around briefly, his high-speed mind taking everything in within moments, ".....I do know we need to find a place for you to stay, and maybe get you some food. But if you have something else in mind, then I'm all ears, because considering I have nothing to do on this ship other than be a passenger, and look after you, I have nothing else I can do; after seeing to your wounds, that is."

Slate looked down at the young woman, his helmeted head cocking to the side in a way that said he was awaiting her reply.

"Tell me Skywalker, did either one of them mention anything about Ossus because that's where they're heading."

"Before all this mess started, before we met you, Lyna kept ranting on about how much she wanted to revisit Ossus." Cade replied. "We didnt get a real chance to at the time; we were always on the run; conducting assignments suited for mercenaries and bounty hunters."

Cade stared at the NaviComputer, and locked onto the shuttle's signal.

""Everyone's on Cade, hit the thrusters!"

Cade hit the switches and turned on engine. The ship hovered in mid air, then carefully moved out of the hanger. Soon the cockpit was facing the sky, so Cade hit the accelerator and within a few minutes they were off the planet and into the dark heavens.

"Activating hyperdrive..." Cade narrated. The Ossanian Angel entered a vortex of stretching stars and soon disapeared in the next blink. Cade switched on the Autopilot. "We'll be arriving at Ossus in a few hours."

"Well in any case Miss. Lyna" He said to her calmly as his eyes never left the approaching planet "My skills are yours if you need them."

Lyna smiled. Then she glanced over at him. "Ya know? You're the only one I have faith in, Dravin. With Cade..." she sighed sadly," he hasn't been himself lately..."

She turned to look at the view again. After going through the atmosphere of Ossus, she could see the beautiful view of the jungles and cliffs that lit in the moonlight. It was night time here.

"We'll just land by the old Jedi Temple. Hopefully, we can find something there." Lyna turned the shuttle towards the direction of the Jedi Temple. It was time to find help and defeat the uprising Sith...

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, other than treating you, I don't know what else to do with you, but...."

Slate looked around briefly, his high-speed mind taking everything in within moments, ".....I do know we need to find a place for you to stay, and maybe get you some food. But if you have something else in mind, then I'm all ears, because considering I have nothing to do on this ship other than be a passenger, and look after you, I have nothing else I can do; after seeing to your wounds, that is."

Syana smiled up at him. "I'll let you know. Don't worry." She glanced around.

"I would like to take a quick rest though."

Archived