Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

"Yes. And thank you. I haven't been given a 'Darth' name yet, due to me still training under my Master."

Slate cocked his head a bit as he heard what she said.

"Well, aren't you the polite little Sith lady!" Slate said, teasing, although his vocal expression didn't show it very well, as he was as cold and calculating in voice as usual.

"I do believe it is my birth name too." She continued.

"You believe? So there's no certainty that you are this Syana? Sad, one should always know who they are," Slate lectured her as kindly as he could. "Hm? If you were to pick a 'Darth' title I'd have to say Darth Parvulus, or Darth Excolo would do nicely for your title," he said.

"Or maybe we should just call you Excolo Parvulus. How's that sound?" He teased more, knowing full well the girl wouldn't know what the titles meant.

Then they were quiet as they headed down into Rawk's home, Slate cradling the girl in his arms like a father or mother would hold an infant, his steps measured, and slow, as he held her with gentility that belied the Ex-Imperial Knight, so as to give her as much comfort as possible as he carried her alone, the hooded fellow following behind.

"Droo! It's Lyna." The respective speaker, Lyna, spoke into the door of the respective recipient, Droo. The door finally came open.

"Lyna? I just heard all the commotion outside. What's going on?" Droo asked.

'If you just heard the commotion, then sound must travel very slow on this planet,' Slate thought to himself, shaking his helmeted head ever so slightly.

"Um... I'll expalin later. But see... we've got a wounded person here." Lyna continued to explain to her.

"Really? Who?" Droo asked, squinting to see the girl in Slate's arms.

"Yeah, um... that's another thing I wanted to talk about..." Lyna said, Slate simply shaking his head more.

"She's a wounded young girl, Droo," Slate spoke up, saving Lyna the trouble of explaining things. "And although I have a great deal of respect for you and your husband for your hospitality, I have to say help me finish treating her, or get out of the way," Slate said with great indifference, pushing past the woman and into her room, setting Syana on Droo's bed, with as much ease as he could provide the girl.

"I hope the ride was comfortable enough for you. Now Miss Syana, be calm, your wounds will be treated with care," Slate soothed, moving strands of hair from the girl's face, as he stood up and shifted his gaze upon her wounds.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dravin followed the annoying man into the room past Lyna and the other woman. He didn't care much for formalities, nor unneeded introductions, he was just plainly curious as to what the man who seemed to be annoying and full of self confidence was up too. In Dravin's short life he's noted that the ones with to much self confidence usually ended up placed how the closest cargo hold into space. As he entered the room he looked around and saw a chair in a dark corner of the room.

As the man set Syana down upon the bed Dravin took a seat, slumping his body down into it and cross his right leg over his left and continued to play with his wrist data pad. He had no intention upon getting involved any further with the situation here unless he in the end had no real choice.

Under the section he labeled for Syana,he noted that she seemed to pleasant to be a Sith warrior, so either her master was doing a terrible job at training her, or she was very stubborn about giving up her emotional standards of caring, and friendship.

"She's a wounded young girl, Droo," Slate spoke up, saving Lyna the trouble of explaining things. "And although I have a great deal of respect for you and your husband for your hospitality, I have to say help me finish treating her, or get out of the way," Slate said with great indifference, pushing past the woman and into her room, setting Syana on Droo's bed, with as much ease as he could provide the girl.

Droo, dumbfounded, looked over at Slate and the girl in his arms. She couldn't believe what he and the other man did! "But--but--but you can't just waltz into my husband and my room like it's nothing!"

"Droo, Droo, it's all right. It's just for a short time," Lyna said reassuringly, placing a comforting hand on her arm.

The mother and healer sighed. "Fine. But keep a watch out for this one. I sense something inside her. A dark aura..." And with that, Droo went to Rawk's lab, to prepare the Bacta tank.

Lyna nodded. Then she looked over at Slate and Syana.

"I hope the ride was comfortable enough for you. Now Miss Syana, be calm, your wounds will be treated with care," Slate soothed, moving strands of hair from the girl's face, as he stood up and shifted his gaze upon her wounds.

Syana looked up at Slate, tears steaming down her eyes to the side. This time, she wasn't angry. Only scared.

"Th-th-thank you. But... I don't understand. Why are you helping me?" Syana asked, sobbing quietly.

Droo dumbfoundedly looked over at Slate and the girl in her arms.

((Lol, Slate's not a her, btw. Not unless he had surgery I didn't know about!? :lol: ))

"But--but--but you can't just waltz into my husband and my room like it's nothing!" Droo protested. Slate simply ignored her, examining Syana's wounds more carefully.

"Droo, Droo, it's all right. It's just for a short time," Lyna assured the seemingly hysteric woman.

"Fine. But keep a watch out for this one. I sense something inside her. A dark aura..." Droo warned. Slate looking up at her, and then back down at Syana. They were going to have to be careful if they wanted the Rawk family to remain oblivious to the girl's association to the Sith.

"Maybe it's the pain," Slate suggested, trying to provide a simple explanation, to avert any curiosity.

"Th-th-thank you. But... I don't understand. Why are you helping me?" The young Sith girl asked, tears streaming down her cheeks. Tears that showed she was scared. The tears of a child.

This seemed to strike a nerve in Slate as he knelt down beside her and wiped away the tears with his gloved hands. Sometimes he hated his gloves, his suit, and his armor. Times like this, where a person needed to know he was human too, and not just an indifferent Assassin.

"They'd say, because it's the right thing to do," Slate said, motioning to Lyna, as she was the closest indication of a kind 'Jedi-like' figure. "I do it because.....I owe it to someone. And I wish she were still here," he said sadly patting the girl's hand comfortingly. His thoughts dwelling on an old friend, and fling, Cassandra Morgan, a person who fought alongside him, and the others during the events of The Wheel and beyond. Sadly, she'd died during those events, and in many ways Slate blamed himself; As he looked at Syana he was reminded of Cass, and it made him break emotionally, something none-too-easy to do to the hardened Experimental Soldier.

"Don't be afraid Syana. Fear is what drove you to become what you are, but there is no need for it here," he soothed once more, surprising himself with what he was saying.

"I am sorry, but I can't give you my name at this time. I assure you it is not personal but I have found giving out my name always brings me unwanted trouble.

Cylax stared at the jedi for a few seconds. He could tell the voice was female but other than that he couldn't tell anything else about her. She was a jedi and she was hiding from something; anyone who wears a mask hides their face for a reason. Seeing that he was hiding his scars he decided to respect the jedi's wishes.

"I am more interested in who you two might be. I did not expect to find a force sensative and a cyborg here on this world."

"We actually had a little sith encounter of our own just a few minutes ago." Cylax said to the new jedi.

He stopped himself for a moment to notice a pattern.

"Actually now that I think about it...we've had many. First there was the Sith attack on Socorro, than the assassin that attacked us, and now this attack. Call me crazy but I think the Sith are planning something."

"I am sorry, but I can't give you my name at this time. I assure you it is not personal but I have found giving out my name always brings me unwanted trouble."

"Hmph..." Cade smirked while rolling his eyes. "Tell me about it. You and I share the same problem. My name carries a burden of its own."

"I am more interested in who you two might be. I did not expect to find a force sensative and a cyborg here on this world."

"Actually now that I think about it...we've had many. First there was the Sith attack on Socorro, than the assassin that attacked us, and now this attack. Call me crazy but I think the Sith are planning something."

"Quite the contrary, we dont have to tell you who we are either. We already have enough trouble as it is with Bounty Hunters and Sith Assassins chasing us around the galaxy. But we cant leave you here either, not with the state your ship is in... I guess you may as well come with us."

"Quite the contrary, we dont have to tell you who we are either. We already have enough trouble as it is with Bounty Hunters and Sith Assassins chasing us around the galaxy. But we cant leave you here either, not with the state your ship is in... I guess you may as well come with us."

Atrila was momentarily suprised but that suprise disappeared quickly. It was obvious she wasn't being lured into a trap she could sense that much from the force sensative.

She winced as a small fire broke out on the severed engine of the ship and then sadly shook her head as she finally gave up on her ship. "It appears I won't be able to repair my ship anytime soon. If you wish, you may take anything you can salvage from the ship and do what you will with it."

She turned back to the Force sensative and then pointed at the speeder bikes. "The sooner we leave the better. I don't want to be around here incase more sith show up."

It was still in Korriban, the city of the Sith Lords. The setting, however, is not a tomb, and the characters are not holocrons. The characters are much darker - the notorious Shadow Dwellers. The Council of the Shadow Dwellers, as lead by Darth Sethos himself, met at the former Sith Academy in Korriban.

As the final Shadow Dweller Councilor took his seat in the middle of the vast hall, Sethos stood up. That instant, all was quiet.

"Shadow Dwellers. I have called on you today because I am your lord and master, and I require you for the monumental task that lay ahead."

As Sethos said this, the whole group yelled, "All hail Sethos, and his great Sith Empire!"

"You have been gathered from the ashes of remote planets all over the galaxy, and I have brought your life purpose. Cherish it."

Sethos paused, observantly watching the other individuals seated around his long table.

"I have chosen the best of you, and I have called them my Bloodbringers. They are the ones who strike fear into the hearts of our enemies. But you need not envy, for no one is favored under the rule of Sethos."

The councilors raised their hands up high, then exclaimed, "Blessed is Lord Sethos, for his rule is just!"

After this, Sethos sat down, and all was quiet again.

"The opening ceremony is finished, my sons. Now, we must discuss the matter at hand..."

It appears I won't be able to repair my ship anytime soon. If you wish, you may take anything you can salvage from the ship and do what you will with it."

"We'll do a little salvaging trip tomorow morning. But in the meantime, we'll take you back to Rawk's Nest so we can find you some room and board."

"The sooner we leave the better. I don't want to be around here incase more sith show up."

"I agree." Cade replied. He walked towards the Speeder bikes and hopped on his own. "Ride back with either one of us... Except, Nale - he's got the cyborg with him."

He flicked a switch and the engine began to purr. He waited until everyone got on their allocated speeder bike.

"We'll do a little salvaging trip tomorow morning. But in the meantime, we'll take you back to Rawk's Nest so we can find you some room and board."

Atrila sadly looked back at her ship before heading over the group of speeder bikes that were waiting. "I appreciate the hospitality that you are offering." she said quetly. "But make no mistake, I will be sleeping with my weapons nearby just in case."

"Ride back with either one of us... Except, Nale - he's got the cyborg with him."

She nodded at him and followed him over to his speeder bike and climbed on the back of it.

As soon as everyone hopped onto their speeder bikes, Cade turned on his ignition and darted abck towards Rawk's Nest.

A few minutes later, they arrived back at the villa. They parked the speeder bikes back into the garage, and went inside. "Make yourself at home I guess..." Cade added. "We have to find Lyna and the others."

Cade guided himself towards Rawk and Droo's bedroom, where they're currently hospitalising the Sith Intruder. Cade rubbed his eyes. "I cant believe we're helping the enemy..." he entered the room. "<ahem> We're back. There was only one survivor at that wreckage, followed by a little touble that was dealt with."

Cade approached the bed, staring down upon the injured Sith woman. "I dont care who you think you are and the state you're in. We encountered three other sith assassins while investigating that wreckage. How many more of you are out there?"

((Lol, Slate's not a her, btw. Not unless he had surgery I didn't know about!? :lol: ))

((Sorry 'bout that, Archon. Changed it. Thanks. :D ))

"They'd say, because it's the right thing to do," Slate said, motioning to Lyna, as she was the closest indication of a kind 'Jedi-like' figure. "I do it because.....I owe it to someone. And I wish she were still here," he said sadly patting the girl's hand comfortingly.

Syana stared up at Slate, wondering what he meant. Maybe... he had someone he loved before. She never knew what it was like to love someone. Not even her Master, Sethos, loved her like a daughter.

"Don't be afraid Syana. Fear is what drove you to become what you are, but there is no need for it here," he soothed once more, surprising himself with what he was saying.

She bit her lower lip sadly. He might be right. Fear was what got her to be a Sith. So... why did all this happen to her? Who was she really?

All of a sudden, Cade Skywalker came in, along with others. He didn't seem too happy to see that the others were helping her.

"I dont care who you think you are and the state you're in. We encountered three other sith assassins while investigating that wreckage. How many more of you are out there?"

"Just... just me," Syana said, looking at the other side angrily. She didn't mind that Skywalker hated the Sith. She deserved it... "I swear, I didn't know other Sith were coming. I don't think anyone followed. My master told only me to hunt down Nat Skywalker."

Lyna came beside Cade. "Cade, please. Try not to make things difficult as it is. Maybe... maybe she was confused to be a Sith. It's probably not her fault."

Droo came through the door, waiting to tell everyone that the Bacta Tank was ready.

"Cade, please. Try not to make things difficult as it is. Maybe... maybe she was confused to be a Sith. It's probably not her fault."

Atrila had followed the force sensative now known to her as "Cade" into the room. As soon as she heard the word Sith her helmeted head instantly turned toward the prisoner and her hand went down to her lightsaber.

No...She is under the protection of my hosts. None of this is my concern unless she breaks loose or kills someone. it's best to leave this be.

Her hand left her lightsaber and she stood off quietly to the side: watching the sith for any signs of trouble.

Dravin stayed seated in his seat in the corner of the room, covered in some shadow. It would be apparent that his presence here was being ignored for the time being. It didn't bother him really, being noticed was some what of an annoyance to him. This way he could observe the others better, and learn more about them. Dravin had already marked down Cade as a narrow minded annoyance.

Slowly Dravin lowered his arms to rest upon the arms of the chair as he relaxed and watched as events unfolded in front of him. If no one really required his assistance for anything than he was more than happy watching for the time being. But if by chance things got rather boring he'd walk out and more than likely head back to the balcony he was on earlier before all the interruptions occurred for one night. But then a thought came to him, it was an idea nothing more really.

"Pardon my interruption upon everything, but perhaps there is a way we could gather information about your enemies by not interrogating Syana" Dravin said as he uncrossed his legs and stood upon his feet, his head tilting side to side. "If my assumption is correct she came here to kill you Cade, but what if by chance she happened to capture some one instead, might be a good way of getting first hand information. But then again what do I know being a smuggler and all that."

Once he was finished speaking he walked over to a near by wall and leaned his back against it folding his arms over his chest, keeping his head tilted downwards looking upon the ground.

Cylax was a little hesitant to follow the others into this home, but seeing how he hadn't attacked yet he knew they wouldn't try anything either. He looked over at the sith upon entering the home and he never took his eyes off of her. After watching Cade's display Cylax couldn't help but nod in agreement. He too wanted to know exactly how these sith kept finding them and how many more there were. He had been a bounty hunter for many years and he knew how to get information from people. If he had 5 minutes alone with this girl he'd find the information he wanted.

"Pardon my interruption upon everything, but perhaps there is a way we could gather information about your enemies by not interrogating Syana" Dravin said as he uncrossed his legs and stood upon his feet, his head tilting side to side. "If my assumption is correct she came here to kill you Cade, but what if by chance she happened to capture some one instead, might be a good way of getting first hand information. But then again what do I know being a smuggler and all that."

The voice came as a surprise to Cylax as he hadn't noticed the man's presence. He was confused on exactly how anyone would get information that way, until he saw the girl's wounds.

"Well our little sith friend here isn't really in a condition to make demands for it and I'm guessing the rest of you don't want to interrogate her for it so I propose we make a deal with her. She gives us the information we need, and in return she gets healed." Cylax stated coldly.

"Cade, please. Try not to make things difficult as it is. Maybe... maybe she was confused to be a Sith. It's probably not her fault."

"Dont get too trusting with her, Lyna. You've seen first hand what these people are capable of." Cade added. "I wont need to remind you again."

"Well our little sith friend here isn't really in a condition to make demands for it and I'm guessing the rest of you don't want to interrogate her for it so I propose we make a deal with her. She gives us the information we need, and in return she gets healed."

"Thats not a bad idea, actually." Cade nodded in agreement. "No sense in putting her back onto her feet, if she might back-stab us afterward without us getting what we need. These people are completely unpredictable."

"I have a bottle of a Skirtopanol in my medkit." Rawk added. "We can give her a small injection, so to limit the side effects. She wont hold up much of a resistance with the state she is in now."

"If it comes down to it, we'll use it. But go and grab it, just in case." Cade suggested. Rawk nodded and left the room. Cade glanced up at Lyna. "Have we got a bacta tank ready?"

((Yay!! Super tangent!))

"Dont get too trusting with her, Lyna. You've seen first hand what these people are capable of." Cade added. "I wont need to remind you again."

Slate simply stared at Cade as he chastised Lyna for her words of compassion, but the old Veteran made no movements other than glancing down at Syana.

"Well our little Sith friend here isn't really in a condition to make demands for it and I'm guessing the rest of you don't want to interrogate her for it so I propose we make a deal with her. She gives us the information we need, and in return she gets healed." The cyborg Cylax stated rather bluntly.

Slate himself would hate to have to interrogate her, seeing as he was already making attempts to create some connection, some attachment with Syana so as to get to the information in a slightly more longterm effect. Although attachment wasn't the best idea for him to do if it did come down to interrogation; but Slate would do it himself if it came down to it. After all, he wasn't worried about attachment, he was no Jedi from the past.

"Thats not a bad idea, actually." Cade nodded in agreement. "No sense in putting her back onto her feet, if she might back-stab us afterward without us getting what we need. These people are completely unpredictable."

"I have a bottle of a Skirtopanol in my medkit." Rawk added. "We can give her a small injection, so to limit the side effects. She wont hold up much of a resistance with the state she is in now."

Slate flinched visibly at the mention of the sense-heightening truth serum, as if he'd had bad experiences with it. He didn't desire to see Syana interrogated in such a way, even with it being given in small doses.

"If it comes down to it, we'll use it. But go and grab it, just in case." Cade suggested. Rawk nodded and left the room. "Have we got a bacta tank ready?"

Slate decided it was his turn to interject, "Yes. But before we do anything to her, may I make a suggestion?"

"Why don't you let me question her, while Cade, Lyna, and Rawk remain with me, but stay quiet, and use the Force to determine her mind, motives, and morality." Slate continued before anyone could answer his previous question. "With so many Force wielders in one place, I doubt she could lie without someone noticing it. I also highly doubt she could hide anything too."

"Also, I'd ask our new arrival to help, but she seems anxious to take her leave, and rest," Slate said, knowing from the two lightsabers on the woman's belt that she was a Force user, or a Bounty Hunter/Assassin maybe? Although he decided to go with the former, instead of the latter.

Slate stopped, pondering for a brief moment before continuing, "Besides, you know I can be very persuasive Cade." Slate mentioned, knowing full well that Cade and Lyna knew how Slate could coerce someone, or if worse came to worse, mess with their minds to get what he wanted, all without any tampering through the Force. Which at the moment was good, as there were only two people ((Those two being Cade and Lyna yet again.)) in the room that knew he was also a wielder of the Force, and could just as well sense Syana's intentions just as they could, leaving him as a very good contingency for anything Syana tried to do, or hide, making his plan quite a good one, if not a bit long winded.

"And in the end, if you all feel that she was lying, then..." He paused briefly, looking at Syana, "....We can do it your way."

Slate sighed, his gaze still fixed on Syana, his mind on Cass, and the present moment all in one, "What do you think?" He asked the injured young girl. After all, she deserved to be asked what she thought too, she was a living breathing, sentient, being, and deserved to have her own input, especially on a situation concerning herself.

'It was a question I never thought to ask her then..." Slate thought, his mind still drifting between two worlds, but still highly aware of what was going on.

Lyna was taken aback. She couldn't believe him. And to make matters worse, Cade agreed with someone else instead of her! She stepped back, looking down sadly and upset.

She mostly agreed wit Dravin and Slate's idea. They seemed to be reasonable to the situation. The rest of them... just got on her nerves.

"What do you think?" she then heard Slate say, after giving his opinion on questioning Syana.

"Sounds... good," Syana said, smiling calmly. Lyna smiled sadly at her.

"Have we got a bacta tank ready?" Cade said.

Her face changed from smiling to glaring at Cade. "I don't know. Why don't you go ask Droo yourself? I mean, she might have a "better idea" than me." And with that, she slightly pushed everyone out of her way, out of the room, and walked down the hall. While walking down the hall, tears of anger ran silently down.

"I'm getting away from here," she said to herself quietly, heading to her room.

"I'm getting away from here,"

Atrial watched as a young woman stormed out of the room with a look of anger on her face.

It would be best if I left her alone...but maybe she can tell me where I can find a place to rest.

She quietly took off after the angry woman, quickly catching up with her.

"May I ask you where I may find a place to rest for the night?" She asked as she began to walk alongside the jedi. "I would ask someone in the room we have just left but they seemed busy thinking of a way to interrogate the sith."

"May I ask you where I may find a place to rest for the night?" She asked as she began to walk alongside the jedi. "I would ask someone in the room we have just left but they seemed busy thinking of a way to interrogate the sith."

Lyna stopped and looked at the newcomer. She smiled sadly. "Um... yeah sure." She glanced around. Suddenly, she saw Micah, the 11-year-old Cathar. "Hey, Micah!"

Micah smiled. "Hey, Lyna!" he said, coming up by the two women.

"Can you show our guest to the guest room, please?"

The young Cathar nodded. "Sure. C'mon." He began to lead the other woman to the guest room.

After that, Lyna continued to her room. Moments later, she got there. Closing the slide door, the young woman walked to her clothes and bag. "No good, mean, bounty hunting jerk!" Lyna said, packing. Cyan, the little binjinphant, jumped by her side on the bed. She squealed.

Lyna looked down sadly. "Hey girl. Good to see ya too. I can't believe him! Ever since the war ended, Cade's become more... darker!" She continued to pack with angry tears.

"Hey, Micah!"

Atrila looked down at the smaller Cathar and smiled slightly under her helmet before the smiled turned into an angry frown.

Is it possible they keep Cathar as servents in their house? Or worse yet, slaves? The only thing I hate worse then sith are slavers.

Atrila looked down at the boy and thought about it for a moment before speaking. "Tell me young one, can take me to the young woman's room? I would like to speak with her for a moment."

"You don't need to be afraid. I won't hurt her. I simply wish to ask her a few questions."

((NPC time.))

"Tell me young one, can take me to the young woman's room? I would like to speak with her for a moment."

Micah stopped and looked up at the woman. "Why?"

"You don't need to be afraid. I won't hurt her. I simply wish to ask her a few questions."

The young Cathar folded his arms. "Look, lady. If you're thinking I'm the servant or slave here... think again. This is my home. This is my family. My adoptive parents that run this joint is Bantha Rawk and Droo. My stepbrother and stepsister are Ahnah and Skeeto. So there. Just wanted to make that clear."

Micah smiled. "Sorry 'bout that. It's the truth though..."

"Look, lady. If you're thinking I'm the servant or slave here... think again. This is my home. This is my family. My adoptive parents that run this joint is Bantha Rawk and Droo. My stepbrother and stepsister are Ahnah and Skeeto. So there. Just wanted to make that clear."

Atrila nodded her head and smiled a very relieved smile under her helmet. For a few moments she had thought she was going to have to fight her way out with the younger cathar.

"That answers all my questions. I have seen other cathars who have been forced into servitude across the galaxy and it is a relief that you are not one of them."

She gently unlatched her her helmet and paused before pulling it off. "Have you ever met another cathar in your life?"

Cylax couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle as Lyna exploded on Cade. He looked over to Cade and shook his head as she left the room.

"Oh I'm starting to like her! Though I'm faltered you'd agree with me over your girlfriend, you probably should have sided with her on that one no matter how right I was." he said in a condescending tone.

If he couldn't attack Cade physically he'd go verbally whenever he could get the chance. Now that his fun was over though he had to get back to business. He looked back over to Slate and Syana.

"What do you think?"

"Sounds... good," Syana said, smiling calmly.

"Well of course she'll go for your plan if given the choice Mr. Slate but how can you be so sure she won't lie? I've only seen jedi master persuasion and this isn't a common thug we have here. If we were to do it your way, shouldn't we get a jedi instead?" Cylax questioned. "Or better yet let me talk to this girl and I'll find out exactly what we need to know," he added in.

"Well of course she'll go for your plan if given the choice Mr. Slate but how can you be so sure she won't lie? I've only seen Jedi master persuasion and this isn't a common thug we have here. If we were to do it your way, shouldn't we get a jedi instead?" Cylax questioned.

"It's not a matter of agreement on the part of my plan I was asking about Sir Cylax, I was asking what she thought on the matter. She never had to agree to my plan, nor did she have to want to do it. She could've simply said she wouldn't do it, or that she wanted to be left alone, but she was willing to agree to it," Slate countered. "That shows some sense of cooperation, don't you think?"

"To the comment on Jedi, no, we need no such person for this, peaceful interrogation can be done without the Force, and my skills of persuasion are very, adept," he commented. "And of course she's no common thug, which is why I asked three Force users to stay in the room and act as living lie detectors, to allow for no slip-ups. Plus, there's even a backup to the plan as well, if she is capable enough to hide her intents from us, which is unlikely, as she seems to only be an apprentice type -mind you a talented one, I'll give her that."

Slate paused briefly, then continued, "She won't be able to hide much in the condition she's in anyway, added to the fact that she's probably not experienced enough in using the Force to avoid the probes of our human lie detectors."

"Or better yet let me talk to this girl and I'll find out exactly what we need to know," Cylax added in.

"Or, perhaps not, I know you'd simply brake her knees and hold her upside down and force water up her nose, and all that good stuff. I know how to get information out of people too, in the same ways you do, I'm not too different from you after all, I am an assassin, which isn't too different from a bounty hunter, friend," Slate said denying Cylax the pleasure of questioning the young Sith girl in whatever way he was going to, whether with torture, or some other way, for the time being, lest a decision was finally decided upon. "Besides, if you say you aren't going to torture her to get the information out of her, then you have to use some form of persuasion, which is exactly what I was going to do, making all of our discussions moot."

"So can we both simply agree that we all need to come to a rational decision on the matter, and put this beside us right now Sir Cylax?" Slate asked, making a simple hand gesture to indicate to the cyborg that he wanted no harm done between the two of them, but that he also desired to get things decided quickly. After all, every moment they spent throwing around their differences of opinion was more time wasted in which they could be getting the information, or treating Syana before any longterm trauma, or issues set in, or even allowing the Sith to coming walking up to their front door and knocking, saying, "'Hi, we're here to pick up our Master's apprentice from her assassination duties, we'd like her back before curfew, now!'"

Slate looked back over at Syana and muttered inaudibly to himself. He was about ready to take the young girl and get her into the bacta tank himself if they didn't hurry up, and just come to a decision!

Archived