Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

Cylax's interest in Slate increased as he learned that the man is an assassin.

So that explains how he was so quick to get behind me with his blaster.

He continued to allow Slate's words to flow through his mind as made his claim. Cylax looked down to the sith girl and than back to the assassin. He was surprised to see an assassin take interest in another person's life, especially a sith.

"Besides, if you say you aren't going to torture her to get the information out of her, then you have to use some form of persuasion, which is exactly what I was going to do, making all of our discussions moot."

"Well Mr. Slate, I wouldn't call what I do persuasion. As with most things there are two sides like Jedi and Sith. It works the same way for non torture interrogation; you have persuasion and you have intimidation. Its clear enough for me to see though that I cannot intimidate you and you can not persuade me though."

"So can we both simply agree that we all need to come to a rational decision on the matter, and put this beside us right now Sir Cylax?"

Cylax looked at Slate's extended hand for a few seconds. He was either very trusting or incredibly cunning; Cylax suspected him of both.

"Unlike you Mr. Slate, I do not care if the girl lives or dies...however I do want that information. Alright, I take back my statement of questioning the girl." Cylax shook the man's hand with his free arm, "...but the next person we interrogate, we do it my way."

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dravin noticed the female that helped bring Syana here leave the room. He thoughts wandered through his mind trying to remember her name, then he remember or at least hoped he remembered. If not it would make was he was about to do a little awkward in his book. As the others were to busy bickering amongst themselves Dravin took the time to slip out of the room and follow Lyna to her room. Waiting several moments after she entered the room, he stepped closer to the door and softly knocked upon the door.

"Are you alright?" Dravin said trying to speak through the door in the nicest voice he could muster.

"I don't know. Why don't you go ask Droo yourself? I mean, she might have a "better idea" than me." with that, Lyna left the room and burst into tears. Cade rubbed his eyes in annoyance. He shifted his attention back onto Syanna and the determining what form of interogation to set on her.

"Oh I'm starting to like her! Though I'm faltered you'd agree with me over your girlfriend, you probably should have sided with her on that one no matter how right I was."

"Every relationship has its disagreements. I dont think Lyna has fully grasped that concept." Cade replied. "Besides, I only agreed with you because what your suggesting techically isnt torture - its bargaining."

"So can we both simply agree that we all need to come to a rational decision on the matter, and put this beside us right now Sir Cylax?"

"He's right. We cant just stand around all day discussing ways to interogate her." he crossed his arms. "We'll play it your way, Slate. But if she proves more trouble than she is worth, we'll take things up another notch."

"With Lyna gone, that just leaves two force sensitives in the room. Two should be enough anyway to act as human lie-detectors."

((Did ya read the PM I sent ya, PK?))

As Lyna was almost done packing, she heard a voice outside her door.

"Are you alright?"

Lyna sniffed, and cleared her throat. She didn't want to sound too sad. "Um... yeah! Yeah, I'm good. Just need some alone time, ya know?" She packed a few more things, and after that, she was done.

She then wrote a message on her datapad saying:

Dear Cade,

I'm really sorry for the way I acted. But... I don't know if this is gonna last. I'm sorry for everything. And to the group as well.

Love,

Lyna

She placed the note on her bed. Then the young woman got up quietly, and walked towards the large balcony of the window. She extended her arm out for Cyan, who jumped on, crawled up to her shoulders, and rested there. "Hang on, girl," Lyna whispered to Cyan.

Using Force jump, Lyna jumped on one of the rooftops, landing safely. She slightly turned back to where Cade and the others were at. "I'm so sorry..." She then headed for Rawk's hangar...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Syana looked at everyone, biting her lower lip and waiting for them to do whatever they needed to.

"Well'p. Looks like I failed, master..." she thought to herself.

Droo came to Cade and everyone. "Kids? The bacta tank is ready for her. We must place her in there now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you ever met another cathar in your life?"

Micah squinted his eyes, thinking. Then he shook his head timidly. "Not that I remember. Why, ma'am?"

"Not that I remember. Why, ma'am?"

"It just doesn't seem fair...that you have never met another one of your species in your life. You most likely know nothing of your own bloodline, of the traditions of your people.

Atrila sighed heavily as she pulled off her helmet and finally revealed her face to the younger cathar.

"Good night young one. If I am still here perhaps we shall discuss some of our traditions in the morning."

She looked down at the younger cathar once more and then opened the door to her room and then quietly closed it behind her as she walked in.

With Lyna's response Dravin nodded his head and turned away from the door. Since he only wanted to check on the girl he considered that little side task complete. Now it was time to think of a plan to get off this planet and someplace where he could just get back to his old life. Which he wasn't sure at this point was possible, secretly he hoped that his life was not to intertwined with the events of those who really did not want him around.

As Dravin walked he crossed his arms and pressed them hard into his chest as he considered the possibility of temporarily obtaining a ship from the hanger bay. After all staying where you obviously were not welcomed was no place anyone would want to be. So his destination was in mind, find a ship and just fly. At that thought he laughed slightly to himself and began to wonder of this places defenses would shoot him out of the sky before he broke free of the planets atmosphere. But risks wouldn't be considered risks if there wasn't a possibility of losing something.

Dravin reached the hanger bay and his heart felt a little excited. Kind of like a little boy who had received the chance to shoot his father's blaster just one time. Memories and feelings like that often to not leave the mind so quickly. It was slightly sad to him that pain, and loss were more etched in the mind then those that were good. The array of different kind of ships was pleasant to see. As he walked through the hanger bay he examined each ship carefully, some looked like they had seen they're share of battle and needed repairs. In the distance Dravin saw Cade's vessel, but knew comendering that vessel was more likely to get Dravin unfriendly close to the wrong end of Cade's lightsaber.

Stopping in front of a vessel he placed his hand upon the cold steel of the ship and closed his eyes. Few minor repairs needed, nothing he couldn't fix. Even with out the repairs it was in flying condition. And what ever lock happened to be upon it, Dravin could easily by-pass it. With a slight shrug of his shoulders and a sigh Dravin walked up the Cargo ramp of the ship and started exploring the inside of the vessel.

Cylax backed to the side of the room to allow Slate to do what he needed to do. As he stood there watching over the group he noticed something different. He saw Lyna leave, and the helmeted jedi was looking for a room...but where was the hooded man? Once again he had managed to disappear from the group. Now that he had nothing to do, Cylax's mind was free to wander which meant he could focus on this man. Slowly he began putting pieces together. He wasn't sure if he had seen the man on Socorro, but he was with the group when Cylax caught up to them. Not only that but he managed to take down the sith girl with ease, perhaps it was a betrayal. He also showed interest in the girl's safety, and he stayed behind which was just convenient for him as there was yet another sith encounter. It wasn't a perfect theory, but it seemed to fit and explain how the sith kept finding them.

"I'll leave you all to this, now if you'll excuse me I think we have a traitor amongst the group. I think I'm going to have a little chat with him."

With that Cylax exited the room and began his search for this man.

Lyna was now in Rawk's hangar. She looked around, trying to find a ship to go inside. As she walked, she saw the ship she was looking for.

Rawk's old shuttle.

The young woman smiled to herself. She then sighed. "Sorry, Rawk. But I have to do this." Lyna went to his ship, wondering how to get in. Suddenly, she saw the old little astromech droid, R2-D2. The young woman went to him. "Hey, Artoo? Can you open this shuttle for me, please?"

Artoo whirled his head at the shuttle. Then looked back at Lyna. "Dweep do dwee?" he asked.

"Um... it's for checking. Rawk wanted me to run a check, so I volunteered." Artoo didn't say anything. Then he nodded. He went to to the shuttle and unlocked the ramp. Lyna smiled. "Thanks, Artoo. You're the best." She gave the little droid a peck on the head, making the droid beep happily. He twirled around and rolled away.

Lyna, along with Cyan, walked in the shuttle, closing the ramp from behind. Getting into the cockpit, she sat down and started up the shuttle. The lights finally came on. Then, starting the console, she could hear the engines going on very well. "Perfect..." Lyna whispered with a smile. She was ready to go away from here...

--------------------------------------------------

"Good night young one. If I am still here perhaps we shall discuss some of our traditions in the morning."

Micah stood there, speechless. For his first time, maybe ever since, he saw another Cathar. He gulped, still surprised. "Good night, ma'am..." And with that, he went off to his room.

As Dravin traveled around the ship examining the needed repairs he'd make to it once he landed on a distant planet the ship shifted and moved under his feet as if it was taking off. The sudden unexpected jolt of the ship exiting the planets orbit made Dravin lose his feet and slam his head against the walls of the hall in the ship. The blow to the side of his head made the surrounding area turn into complete darkness then slowly fade back into his view. Slightly disoriented and groggy he slowly slide to his hands and knee's with a slight moan. As he stood to his feet he rubbed his eyes hoping it would help them focus once again on the objects and things around him.

One thing was for certain at this point he was no longer alone upon the vessel he wanted to comendeer from his not so friendly friends. He walked and slightly stumbled his way to the cockpit to see who was his ever so eager pilot for the evening. To his surprise it was the girl from earlier, the blonde one, he stood there for a moment trying to think of her name. After a while it came to him, Lyna.

"So who taught you to be a pilot and not warn passengers you are taking off" he said in the best joking manner he could taking the co-pilots seat next to her.

Just as Lyna was minding her own business while flying the old shuttle, she heard a familiar voice from behind.

"So who taught you to be a pilot and not warn passengers you are taking off" he said in the best joking manner he could taking the co-pilots seat next to her.

She quickly turned around. Thank goodness, it was that hooded guy. Dravin, was it? Yeah, Dravin.

"Oh. It's you. Thought you were someone else... like a Sith assassin." Lyna put the shuttle on autopilot, and looked over at Dravin. She smiled. "What are you doing here?" She sighed. "Let me guess... Cade and his "friends"?"

In the back of her mind, she felt really bad on leaving Cade behind. After all those years they been together... she's running away. Could it have been anger? Fear? Being heartbroken? She was afraid to choose...

Cylax stopped searching as soon as he heard the sound of engines. He raced towards the hangar and saw a ship preparing to leave. He fired a concussive shot from his gun arm however it missed. Quickly he lined up another shot and fired; a hit however it was not a round he shot. Instead he fired a small tracking device which attached itself to the underbelly of the ship

You can run spy, but I'll be right behind you.

He quickly moved back into the home and prepared a goodbye speech so that he could hunt this hooded man down however on his way there he saw Lyna's door was open...and messy. He took a look inside and noticed things all over the place; the girl was either packing or this hooded man stopped in to say hello. Not seeing the small creature in the room confirmed his suspicions. He went back into the room where he left just a few minutes ago.

"I suggest we stop getting information for this girl; we have other problems. Your hooded friend just took off in a ship and took Lyna with him...oh and her little pet too."

Dravin lifted his left hand and placed it against the top of his hood and pulled it back to reveal most of himself to her then he has to anyone in a long time. His hair was cut short and black, his eyes a light green, and his face held onto stubble, his features were rough and he had a scar across his right cheek. His eyes fixed onto the vastness of space and he let out a soft sigh as he leaned back and rested the back of his head against his hands.

Tilting his head slight to the left to look at Lyna "If I was an assassin we wouldn't be having this conversation. And yeah your friends basically made it very clear I wasn't very welcomed." he said to her.

Leaning forward once more he looked at the navigation computer quickly and rubbed his chin "So care to enlighten me on our journey Miss. Lyna."

Even as Atrila moved toward the bed in the guest room she was able to sense that something was wrong.

She moved away from the bed and looked out the window just in time to see a small ship blast off from the hanger. Even as she looked at it she could sense that one of the people aboard was the one known as Lyna. She couldn't sense any fear or anger coming from the girl.

She quickly ran out of the room and ran toward where she had last seen the others.

"I suggest we stop getting information for this girl; we have other problems. Your hooded friend just took off in a ship and took Lyna with him...oh and her little pet too."

She quietly stepped out from the doorway and shook her head slowly. "I don't believe he kidnapped her. I could sense her and I was not able to sense any fear or anger from her. I believe she may have left of her own free will."

"If I was an assassin we wouldn't be having this conversation. And yeah your friends basically made it very clear I wasn't very welcomed."

Lyna looked down timidly, feeling embarrassed for saying the "assassin" word. She looked at him again.

"So care to enlighten me on our journey Miss. Lyna."

Lyna bit her lower lip sadly, looking at view in fron of them. "Ossus..."

It was obvious to Dravin that earlier events were still plaguing Lyna a bit. It was never in him to pry upon some ones personal affairs, but if the sith were truly after this girl then traveling alone wouldn't be the best idea. And it wouldn't be in his best interest to leave her alone and then run into her companions.

"May I be so bold as to suggest we remain traveling companions. At least until your life isn't on the verge of total extinction." he said noticing his words sounded rather cold. at least more so than he intended them too.

"I don't believe he kidnapped her. I could sense her and I was not able to sense any fear or anger from her. I believe she may have left of her own free will."

Cylax turned around to see the jedi from earlier(not sure if helmet is on or not).

"Or perhaps she's been drugged. Regardless of why she's on that ship, the point is she's there with that traitor. I've put a tracking device on the ship so we'll be able to track it, but we must hurry."

"Kids? The bacta tank is ready for her. We must place her in there now." Slate heard Droo say. He agreed, they needed her in the bacta tak now, not later. She'd still be weak enough afterwards to be able to question, as of the moment she needed treatment.

Slate proceeded to carry the girl gently, sensing as he touched her some pang of guilt within her, but he brushed it aside for the moment.

"I'll leave you all to this, now if you'll excuse me I think we have a traitor amongst the group. I think I'm going to have a little chat with him." Was all that Slate heard before he exited the room, and headed to the bacta tank. Once there, he proceeded to prep her for the transference into the tank, and after some time; she was lazily floating about in the bacta like a fish.

"Don't worry Syana, I'll make sure you're well, and treated before I question you," he reassured her. "I'll be back after awhile, to see how your wounds are faring."

With that, he left the room, proceeding back to where the others were. While waiting in there, there seemed to be a silence, as if someone had finally found the mute button. Slate was glad for it, even his genius mind needed a rest from all the debating.

After some time had passed, the silence was finally broken by Cylax's entry.

"I suggest we stop getting information for this girl; we have other problems. Your hooded friend just took off in a ship and took Lyna with him...oh and her little pet too." Slate heard him say, making the one-eyed veteran lean forward in the seat he had procured.

"It would seem odd that the man would take the binjiphant too, although it isn't all that normal of a little creature. Not that I even have a clue why it can do what it does that is. It goes without saying, he has little reason to take it too, if he's kidnapping her, lest he desired to sell the thing for study," he deduced, trying to reason out why the little rat-pet of Lyna's was taken too.

"I don't believe he kidnapped her. I could sense her and I was not able to sense any fear or anger from her. I believe she may have left of her own free will." Came the voice of the Jedi who'd joined them most recently, Slate swiveling his helmeted head in her direction to assess, and analyze her.

"Or perhaps she's been drugged. Regardless of why she's on that ship, the point is she's there with that traitor. I've put a tracking device on the ship so we'll be able to track it, but we must hurry." Slate heard the cyborg quip in reply.

"Both are reasonable, but regardless, they're both gone, and on the same ship. All while the Sith are hunting for her, plus our - for the most part - heads," Slate spoke up, trying to mediate the issue, so no more arguing, and debates would break out, seeing as the issue at hand was far more pressing for time than the last one.

"I think I'll go retrieve our guest from the bacta tank, seeing as leaving her here would give her an opportunity to fulfill her duty of assassination. Do I have any objections for bringing her with us?" Slate asked. Silence prevailed.

"Alright, I'll go get her. I'll just need medical supplies to finish her treatment on board the ship, once we leave to go retrieve Lyna, and perhaps kill a kidnapper," he said towards Droo, to go retrieve the supplies.

"While I'm getting the young woman, I'd like someone to go search her room a bit thoroughly, to find any clues, or indications as to what happened ((So someone can find the datapad Lyna left))," Slate stated, leaving the room right after to go retrieve Syana, who'd had at least some time to heal in the bacta.

Once in the room, Slate approached the tank, tapping on the glass, he said, "Syana, time to get out, we have an urgent matter to attend to, and we can't very well leave you here."

Slate aided Syana in getting out, and back into normal attire. "I believe you should be feeling better, but you weren't in there long enough to complete the job. So I've asked for some supplies so that I can treat you, and help your wounds to heal completely. Uh, can you walk, or do you think I'm going to have to carry you to the ship?" Slate asked with honest concern, as he leaned over Syana a bit, while he sat next to her.

((Sorry for being a bit controlling, and not giving anyone the chance to object to taking Syana, but you have to agree, not taking her would simply give her a chance to finish the job, and everyone in the room would have to be an idiot to let that happen. No offense intended to anyone, of course. :) ))

Cade followed Cylax out of the room as soon as he heard the sound of engines from the garage. Somebody had comandeered one of Rawk's shuttles. "What the hell is going on here?" he barked. He could sense Lyna was onboard, and Dravin - the man who tried to steal his ship.

He returned with Clyax back in the room, straight after Clyax fired a Tracking Device on the ship.

"I don't believe he kidnapped her. I could sense her and I was not able to sense any fear or anger from her. I believe she may have left of her own free will." the Jedi replied after Cylaxs announcement.

Cade grasped his forehead. He then walked into Lyna's room - it was left in a mess; as if somebody was packing for a vacation and left it in the state its in. He saw a datapad glowing on her bed. He picked it up and read the message. He read it again. And again.

He let it slip out of his hands so that it dropped to the floor. He raised a boot, and smashed the data pad as he stomped once. Parts flew everywhere at a short distance.

"Fine... You've made your choice." Cade grunted. He sat on the bed, and clamped both hands supporting his chin. He began wondering what his next step was going to be.

Cylax agreed with Slate's decision to bring the sith with them, leaving her here would only end in disaster. He noticed everyone was getting ready to leave, and it looked like he would have to put aside his hatred with Cade for now. He found the man who ruined his life stomping a datapad in rage. Cylax stepped into the room with half a mind to kill him here. He shook his head at the thought though; if he was going to kill Cade he was going to fight him at full health. That meant physically, mentally, and emotionally.

"Is this how she would want you to act? She'd want you to follow her even if she doesn't say so. We'll get to her before that rat can do anything." He turned and exited the room but not before stopping at the doorway. "Oh and don't look into this at all. After all of this is over I'm still going to kill you...no matter how much I might like your friends." With that he exited the room and followed after Slate.

He found Slate with the sith girl, asking if she would need help walking.

"I can finish healing her up once we get on the ship. I've got a canister of Bacta in here," Cylax said pointing to his right arm.

Atrila turned toward one of the men in the room who seemed to be looking her over. She stared back at him from under her helmet and then slowly shook her head at him.

Perhaps I should take off the helmet.

She was about to pull it off before thinking better of it. The family here may be friendly toward the cathar but I don't know about the others. I'll wait just a while longer until I know them better.

Atrila quietly left the room and headed for the room for the room where the one known as Lyna resided. She entered the room in time to hear the cyborg talking to the one known as Cade.

"Is this how she would want you to act? She'd want you to follow her even if she doesn't say so. We'll get to her before that rat can do anything."

She waited until the cybord left the room before turning toward Cade and then looked down at the smashed datapad then back at Cade.

"Is there anything you wish to speak about? I'm known to be a good listener and to me it looks like right now you could use someone to talk to."

((Oh, the hunt is ON!! Sorry. Kinda random... :p ))

"May I be so bold as to suggest we remain traveling companions. At least until your life isn't on the verge of total extinction."

"S-Sure. We can be be traveling companions. Just don't try anything funny..."

Lyna sadly looked down. Sometimes she wondered, why she was scared sometimes. And why she was sad. Lyna sighed. "I'm... I'm gonna set the coordinates for Ossus. Then we'll be on our way in hyperspace."

Doing that, Lyna thought about Cade again. She was too upset that she left him behind. But what did he feel of her? Probably by now, everyone was hysterical. No matter. Lyna needed to get away. Maybe take a vacation.

The young bit her lower lip sadly. Sadness could really one's heart...

"Is this how she would want you to act? She'd want you to follow her even if she doesn't say so. We'll get to her before that rat can do anything."

Cade didnt say anything when Cylax entered the room. He remained silent, staring at the shattered pieces of the Datapad. Oh and don't look into this at all. After all of this is over I'm still going to kill you...no matter how much I might like your friends."

"Whatever..." Cade muttered, without acknowledgement of staring back at Cylax. He left the room. Soon, that Jedi they came across earlier entered the room. She was still masked.

"Is there anything you wish to speak about? I'm known to be a good listener and to me it looks like right now you could use someone to talk to."

Cade glanced up and sadly smirked. "I see. You still refuse to give out a name and remain anonymous behind that mask, and yet your telling me your a good listener."

He remained staring at the remaining parts of the datapad. "She left us by her own choice. She wants nothing more to do with us any longer - especially with me. The only reason I see of pursuing her is for retrieving Rawks ship, no questions asked. She is naive, stubborn and very VERY emotionally unstable."

"I see. You still refuse to give out a name and remain anonymous behind that mask, and yet your telling me your a good listener."

She shook her head slowly. Not willing to take off her mask. Soon...but not yet.

"Tell me, if your people were disciminated against wouldn't you wish to hide your identity behind a mask? And I am a good listener. Back in my days as a Jedi, many people came to me with your problems."

"She left us by her own choice. She wants nothing more to do with us any longer - especially with me. The only reason I see of pursuing her is for retrieving Rawks ship, no questions asked. She is naive, stubborn and very VERY emotionally unstable."

Atrila moved to stand right in front of Cade and looked down at him with a sympathetic expression that was hidden by her mask.

"She may have left because she needed time to herself. Based on what I have heard your little group has had quite the hard time. And I will not pass judgment on her so I will not say anything about her possible emotional unstability."

She paused as another thought came to mind.

"You know it's possible she left to combat this new threat by herself to protect you and the others. And if that is the case then you and your group will need to find her before the sith do."

Atrila then turned to leave and was almost out the door before a sudden thought came to her. It wouldn't hurt her to tell the Jedi her name after all, He had helped her against the sith at the crash site.

She turned back toward him and smiled under her helmet. "Just so you know, my name is Atrila."

She then continued out the door in search of the cyborg. She had a few questions for him as well.

Lyna's tone and facial expression told Dravin all he needed to know about her current emotional state. She was sad, possibly feeling a little lonely, and frightened. Of course who wouldn't if you were being hunted by a powerful dark force, and the ones who were suppose to be your friends kept insisting on turning they're backs to you. It wasn't something Dravin was fond of seeing other do to other being, but it happened. Pride above everything else was something everyone was guilty of, and it wasn't an easy thing to over come.

"Being afraid" he said in a calm tone leaning back into the chair staring out of the bridge window "isn't something to be ashamed of. We all are afraid of something, sometimes it's best to be afraid then to not. At least then you know your being honest with yourself. And if anything just talk to some one about what you feel."

Being a sensitive person wasn't Dravin's strong point, and he was sure it was showing. But it seemed like this girl needed some one at this point. And being alone sometimes can do more harm.

Archived