Home

The Forsaken Ones

>Plague Recon Squad 418<

Char'ock looked at the large fancy building in front of him. The infidel was most likely there, it provided the best form of cover. He ordered his grenadiers to fire on the building, which all three did. Windows blew out, beams burned, circuits fried.

>Sam's house<

Sam got a few more shot's off before a beam fell three feet away from him.

"Now's the time to leave!" He yelled, and went to the safe room, were his family was hiding. He grabbed them and ran to his ship pad in the back. He litterally threw them in, and climbed up the steps after them. As he started the ship, the alien soldiers were plundering his house. He inserted a memory chip into the slot, and instantly, Ares came on the display.

"Ares, get us out of here, now!" Ares didn't question the orders, nor ask for specific directions, he just angled the ship up and started the lift off. As they slowly went through the atmosphere, something hit them, an explosive of some sort. "Sam, get out of here! Sam! Sam!"

But he wasn't listening. There was a new voice talking to him.

"Damnit Larson get up. This is not the time for napping."

Present time...

Sam leapt up. Where was his wife? The children, his ship? Right... The explosive device that hit them...

"Sir, you've been asleep for two hours, only of fourth of the rcomended sleep time for one your -" Ares said from his helmet's speakers, but was cut short by Sam. "Ares, be quiet, now please."

Sam looked at the General. "Sorry, Sir. It won't happen again sir. I've just had a rough week, sir."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes, my suit is armor sealed. The suit allows me to stay in space for thirty minutes. If that's the case we can set up a trap for the boarding party while we cut a whole through the line they'll set up to board us. If were going to gas the rest of them, then were going to need to do it fast."

Jack, eager to leave said:

"Good, then it's fine. I'll unlock the armory for oss, and then we'll go to the ship, we can work out the details there." He turned around and saw Resnik slap a man in the head, he went over there. He immediatley recognized the man there.

"Sam Larson," he said and shook his head. "Sleeping on the job..." He smiled a bit and extended his hand towards the man.

Evans sighed as Bill started in on the new guy sleeping outside the hall. Resnik had lied when he said that this mess was better than what there was 40 years ago. In some ways, yes they were better, but for meshing as a group? They sucked.

I guess you just don't mesh like cold, hungry, scared 14 year-olds unless you are one. He thought to himself.

"I guess I'd better put in an effort." He breathed out as he stood up from his chair, feeling his revolvers move within his duster. "Looks like I'm going to have to get a suit of sealed zero-gee armor for this little side trip then."

Evans looked at his chrono before facing Null. "It looks like we're late to your ship, Master Sergeant."

"Sorry, Sir. It won't happen again sir. I've just had a rough week, sir."

Resnik had a smirk on his face as he looked down at the soldier.

"Yeah, haven't we all."

------

"It looks like we're late to your ship, Master Sergeant."

Null turned to face the captain and saluted on instinct.

"Yes sir."

Null looked over at Tech.

"Is Azrael set to go?...and make sure he doesn't try anything funny." Null added that last second remembering his last mission.

Null took a deep breath as he looked around the room. He didn't know why he of all people put in charge. Why not Resnik or Captain Evans? He had survived a cleansing from The Plague as he was on Torak's moon, and he also fought The Plague and lived. Maybe they all thought he knew exactly what he was doing...especially him.

Sam smiled back and shook the mans hand.

"Yeah, kinda trying to get back on the horse you know? Just kinda stood there and next thing I know, I'm out." He forced another smile. The nightmare was a little more than he could handle.

"So, General Resnik, sir. Would you please reiterate the mission, sir." Sam asked.

"Is Azrael set to go?...and make sure he doesn't try anything funny." Null added that last second remembering his last mission.

"Why my dead Null, whatever would give you the impression that I would intentionally place you in harms way?" Azrael spoke with a morbid chuckle at the end of his sentence. "I've already downloaded myself to the vessel's computer, it's just a matter of you getting here before I launch and pursue this mission myself."

There was a moment of silence before Tech says "He's not kidding you know. We've got to move."

Null shook his head at Azrael's response.

"He's not kidding you know. We've got to move."

"Oh I know...trust me. Alright everyone let's move out, we've got a ship to catch."

Null opened the door and quickly walked through to see the general speaking with another soldier. He was able to hear a piece of the conversation and knew the soldier was part of his team.

"No time to explain now soldier, I'll get you up to speed once we leave the ground. I hope you've got zero gee training, if not you better learn real fast."

Null led his group of soldiers to the hangar to board their ship. A man was waiting in front of the ship for the group. Null had actually been briefed about this man before even learing he was to be leading the mission.

"Mr...Deck is it? Let's cut to the chase Deck. I don't care what you did before you were sent here. The only thing that I care about is that you do what I say. Other than that I'd like to welcome you to the team."

Deck looked up and saw a group of people approach him and the ship - given from their appearance and uniform, they appeared to be the team members for the mission.

"About 'friggin time..." he muttered. He crossed his arms, as the leader designated Null approached him.

"Mr...Deck is it? Let's cut to the chase Deck. I don't care what you did before you were sent here. The only thing that I care about is that you do what I say. Other than that I'd like to welcome you to the team."

"You must be Master Sergeant Null." he greeted. "You're slightly shorter than I expected."

He stepped away from the ramp, so as to allow the team leader to step aboard the vessel. "And its not like I have much of a choice to disobey - I'm being monitored, so to speak."

He allowed the crew to aboard the ship, and soon Deck followed.

Jack was last before Deck to board the ship, hitting him hard with his armored shoulder as he stepped onto the boarding ramp. As he entered the main room of the ship he said:

"Nice place, mind you, I hope we won't be here for too long."

Jack threw himself into a chair, laying his helmet down beside him and taking his Battle Rifle from his back, putting it next to his helmet.

"So, who's up for a game of poker?" he said and took out a deck of cards, shuffling them with one hand, in a complicated motion.

Sullivan went on to the ship with the rest of the squad. He did have to admit that the ship did look pretty good. Too bad it's going to be blown up he thought.

"So, who's up for a game of poker?"

"That might not be a good idea." Sullivan said. "Those Plague guys could hit us at any moment." Sullivan then cocked and loaded all his weapons, which included a sniper rifle, two pistols, and a shotgun that could be set to fully automatic.

"That might not be a good idea." Sullivan said. "Those Plague guys could hit us at any moment."

Jack frowned.

"Yeah? So? We'll notice them before, we'll see them through the window, right? And I see no Plaque ships now. I'll deal." He handed out two cards to everyone in the room, laying down three face down on a table. He looked at his cards. Ace and King.

"I'm in. Small blind is fifty cent," Jack said and smiled.

Null looked around at all his team as he walked into the ship. The more time he spent with them, the more he could fell them becoming a unit. He was already beginning to see different personalities amongst the group. He had more confidence in his team as he made his way to the cockpit.

"I must say I'm impressed you actually waited for us Azrael. Well lets get this thing moving asap."

He really didn't have time to listen to the AI's response as he needed to give the ship and quick check. He made sure everything was in shape before making his way back to the cockpit. He sat down in one of the chairs and waited for the AI to give him a friendly response before starting the ship.

--------------

A Plague Recon Crusier passed by another lifeless planet. It was slowly making its way towards Eridanus V. The Kandoid captain looked out into space as he sat in his chair on the bridge. His scanners began to go off and one of his fellow Kandoids spoke up.

"Sir we've detected the planet."

"Excellent work, I will inform the general of this."

A large holoscreen appeared in front of the captain. The image of General Thantos stood before him.

"General Thantos, we've found the human planet."

"Good." was all the general had to say.

"We will send our coordinates when the planet comes into view."

"Well done Captain Triton. The Forsaken Ones will suffer our Wrath."

"As we cleanse them all along The Path." replied the Captain finishing the code.

The image disapeared from the screen leaving the captain to watch the stars out in space again.

Deck felt the unexpected hit against his shoulder by one of the team mates.

Pfft.. whats his problem? Male-period pains, or something?. Though he was very much like a Pirate, Deck hadent made that many enemies... Well, he did tick a few people off in the past in all honesty. He hoped he wouldnt have to make many enemies on this trip.

He entered the ship, and followed Null to the Cockpit. He sat down next to him in the co-pilot seat. "I've been assigned as your co-pilot, as well as your tech expert."

He ran a diagnostic of the ship, before they make their departing. "Apologies for this inconveniance."

"Tech expert huh? Then I guess that makes me the Tech god, which I can definitely live with." Tech commented as he entered the cockpit as well, carrying a bunch of parts and cables no less. "Though since Azrael's driving, you're out of both jobs."

"Attention all crew," Azrael spoke over the intercom now that all the preparations had been made. "We are now departing. ETA: Two hours. Destination: Death. Enjoy your flight."

Jack, who realized that no one wanted to play poker with him, walked in to the cockpit.

"I've been assigned as your co-pilot, as well as your tech expert." he heard the criminal say.

"Tech expert huh? Then I guess that makes me the Tech god, which I can definitely live with, though since Azrael's driving, you're both out of jobs," the Tech person commented.

"So we have criminal dead meat onboard?" Jack said in a deadly voice. "Well, mr Deck, we already have a Tech, and an AI to pilot the ship. We don't need a criminal who will probably shoot us in the back and get out when it gets heated." Jack gave Deck a cold stare.

"Tech expert huh? Then I guess that makes me the Tech god, which I can definitely live with."

"I probably should of said "A Tech Expert". The Officer who recruited me implied you guys needed more than one. The difference between the both of us are certain fields of mechanics - my primary specialty is hacking computers and security. Whats yours?"

"Attention all crew," Azrael spoke over the intercom now that all the preparations had been made. "We are now departing. ETA: Two hours. Destination: Death. Enjoy your flight."

"You guys have an AI? They left that part out, unfortunatly. Well, if he's decided to replace me, then I suppose I'm fine with that."

"Well, mr Deck, we already have a Tech, and an AI to pilot the ship. We don't need a criminal who will probably shoot us in the back and get out when it gets heated."

"And we certainly dont need a crew member who complains like a little girl all the time." Deck smirked. "I'd expect no less from a noblemen like yourself. Yup, I read your file. Sorry, but I was forced to by the Officer."

He crossed his hands behind his head. "Besides, I'm not enabled to go rogue against you guys anyway. I'm being "monitored" so to speak; I've been injected with a small family of nanobots that monitor my behaviour. One big mistake, and they'll release a toxic chemical that will spread throughout my entire body. So please, lets at least try to get along! For my sake!"

Null shook his head as thing started heating up in the cockpit. He could tell this was going to be a longer flight than he expected.

"That's enough from all three of you. Do I need to remind you all this mission is humanity's last chance at fighting The Plague, or do you all want to argue some more like children. If you all can't get along now, what makes you thinks we'll be able to pull this mission off as a unit?! Now everyone sit down, start acting like a team, and get ready for the mission!"

He felt himself getting madder by the second so he decided to go take a look at the weapons they had on board. Null got up and looked over at Deck.

"So I guess you read my file too...good read wasn't it?" he said commenting on all that he had been through including his first contact with The Plague.

He walked out of the cockpit and made his way to the armory. For some reason looking at guns always made Null feel better. Why this worked he would never know.

Jack waited until Null had left the room before he leapt at Deck, holding him against the wall.

"I haven't seen my family since I joined the force," he said quietly. "And besides you kidnapped my cousin. I would have killed you here and now if i could."

Jack let go of Deck and walked out of the cockpit, turning into a small room which contained a boxing bag. Jack took of his armor, leaving him in a black jumpsuit and then practiced kickboxing at the bag, becoming more and more aggresive as he thought about his family, whom he had left, who possibly would die now. He kept going until he managed to kick the boxing bag from it's chain. He sat down on a box, hiding his face in his hands.

After sitting so a few minutes Jack got up, sweeping his black hair from his eyes. He equipped his armor again and stepped out into the mainroom. He greeted everyone with a nod and then sat down in a chair. He turned to Sullivan.

"So, what's your story, mate?" he said.

Deck brushed himself off. "You're Mia's cousin, huh?" he whispered. "I can see why she wanted to get away from somebody as psycotic as yourself."

It wasnt entirely kidnapping. Deck was on a smuggling mission to Eridanus V, where he stumbled upon Mia - who was a member of a family of noblemen. She requested to be taken off that backwater planet, to flee from her father and family so she can be with some guy she was real close to. After dropping her off on Asgard, they havent kept in contact ever since. He does have her residential ID code, incase she required assistance.

"Looks like I did her a huge favour..." he thought. He waited till Jack left the room and glanced up at Tech. "Pardon me for asking, but why did you guys hire him? Public Relations? He has a really short fuse, which could seriously endanger the mission."

Evans walked in as Jack pushed Deck against the wall, and made himself as inconspicuous as possible as the two worked out their 'differences'.

"Pardon me for asking, but why did you guys hire him? Public Relations? He has a really short fuse, which could seriously endanger the mission."

Evans shrugged. "I have no idea why any of us are here aside from Null and I. Everybody has their own story, their own motivations, some are just more.... disturbed than others."

He gave the 'pirate' a once over, "you okay? I don't know how strong he is, but I get the feeling that he might be able to leave a few bruises on you through armor if he really tried, and it looked like he was pissed as hell."

((Wow, sorry about my posting habits, I've been swamped with school lately :( ))

"I have no idea why any of us are here aside from Null and I. Everybody has their own story, their own motivations, some are just more.... disturbed than others."

"I suppose. But in a way, I cant really blame him - I was responcible for his cousin's disapearance. She wanted me to ship her off Eridanus V, so she can escape the arrogance of her father."

"you okay? I don't know how strong he is, but I get the feeling that he might be able to leave a few bruises on you through armor if he really tried, and it looked like he was pissed as hell."

"He's not as strong as you may think; I've been through far worse than what he is capable of..." he stepped forward and crossed his arms. "But if he tries another move like that again, to anyone else especially, I'll make sure he wont get a chance to feel remorse for his actions." Deck promised. "Regardless of the consequences."

He cold stare turned back into a smile. He shook Evans hand. "Sorry, we havent been formally introduced. Deck Reynolds, Freelance Mercenary."

"So, what's your story, mate?" he said.

"My parents were there when Earth was destroyed," said Sullivan, telling his story. "Some of my family members also had run ins with the Plague, Not many of them made it out alive. It actually makes me happy to hear a Plague's neck snap." Sullivan had lost a few cousins and a sibling to the Plague, causing him to have an absolute hatred for them. Sullivan decided to go to the cockpit to talk to Deck. He couldn't say that he actually liked noblemen. He had nothing wrong with them, but they came off as a bit snobbish to him. Besides, he thought it best he got to know everyone on the squad.

"So," he said to Deck. "Are you alright with that nobleman out there? I could hear you guys arguing from out there. What's up with this Mia girl anyways?"

"I suppose. But in a way, I cant really blame him - I was responcible for his cousin's disapearance. She wanted me to ship her off Eridanus V, so she can escape the arrogance of her father."

"Why does that sound like a story that requires copious amounts of alcohol to properly tell?" Evans asked, chuckling a little.

"But if he tries another move like that again, to anyone else especially, I'll make sure he wont get a chance to feel remorse for his actions."

"That may be a bit extreme," Evans cautioned. "But I can't see any issues there, I hate these damn nobles, didn't have them on Earth, sure as hell don't need them now."

"Sorry, we havent been formally introduced. Deck Reynolds, Freelance Mercenary.

"Mark Evans, former Child Soldier turned Special Services," Evans grasped the younger man's hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Are you alright with that nobleman out there? I could hear you guys arguing from out there. What's up with this Mia girl anyways?"

Evans looked at the new arrival, already comparing him to the file he'd gotten to skim over in General Resnik's office and trying to decide if his superiors had been lying for promotion's sake, it didn't appear that they had.

"Why does that sound like a story that requires copious amounts of alcohol to properly tell?

"I couldnt agree more..." Deck shared a chuckle. "I'll be glad to share the WHOLE story over a campfire."

"Mark Evans, former Child Soldier turned Special Services,"

"Child Soldier?" Deck echoed. "I didnt even know they had division for younger people back then. Times sure have changed since humanity abandoned Earth."

"Are you alright with that nobleman out there? I could hear you guys arguing from out there. What's up with this Mia girl anyways?"

Deck glanced as Sullivan entered the cockpit. He shrugged. Hopefully this'll be the last time I'll have to explain it to anybody else...

"Well, he basically threatened to kill me because I was involved with his cousin's disapearance, Mia. She was part of a family of nobleman, Jack's Family. She basically got sick of her family pride and arrogance, especially from her father, and decided to move out - so to speak. I shipped her off to Asgard, where she's currently living with a close friend of hers. Though between you and I, I think its something more than a "close friendship"." he winked.

He looked out of the cockpit window, where it overlooked the vastness of space. Clouds of the nebula gave quite an intimate view, and the near-by moons complimented as much.

"I'll be glad to share the WHOLE story over a campfire."

"Good, and I'll be sure to include my story there too, and the hard liquor."

Evans whistled to himself after hearing the story, sounded like Deck was one tough nutjob , or just insane, if he chose to go on a mission with a nobleman whose sister he'd spirited away.

Letting his mind wander he looked out the cockpit, a rare occurance for the soldier. It wasn't at all like Earth's area, nothing could ever compare to the beauty that his Homeworld held in his mind, but it was still a good sight.

Turning away from the window, he walked into the ship's main area, they needed to plan this out properly.

Archived