Home

Nerfing the Boss-killer

Pavijan357

First of all, hi to everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I want to apologize in advance for eventual grammar and spelling errors (english is not my native language). Now, my modding skills are almost non-existent so I don't know how manageable is my request, but if there is someone who can accomplish this I would be very grateful. It's about one magic that efficiently destroyed ANY sense of challenge out of boss fights in DS playthrough: the infamous Force Crush. Essentially I like the magic, and think it's cool. But enormous problem with it is this : we all know that TSL bosses are bunch of wusses who definitely don't live up the tension that is build up for them. Because of that there are lot of mods that I've found that buff them up. For LS Exile they probably create some kind of challenge, but for darksider all of that doesn't really mater, because you can give them statistics in HUNDREDS, and BILLION HP, and they still can't do NOTHING cos' you can spam them with bloody Force Crush till the end and they'll just bounce up and down, even if they make succes in save, and take damage untill they die without even touching you, only exception is second part of Darth Traya fight (because of lightsabers). It' really kills the fun for me. My request is : can some one please make the mod that makes the bosses immune to raising/stunning part of the magic and just make them take the damage from it, so they can actually FIGHT me, or if it's absolutely impossible, to make them completely immune to this magic, although I would really prefer the first option. So, anyone... is it doable? Thanks in advance.

But enormous problem with it is this : we all know that TSL bosses are bunch of wusses who definitely don't live up the tension that is build up for them.

I think a lot of them are purely about the story behind them. Now, the tank droid on Telos is a total waste. Just plant a few mines next to the shuttle and you can essentially skip him.

I think a lot of them are purely about the story behind them. Now, the tank droid on Telos is a total waste. Just plant a few mines next to the shuttle and you can essentially skip him.

Completely true, that one is ridiculous (in every way), but I really care are only for the Darths. The ones who hold so much power should provide EPIC battles, not two-lightsaber-swings pauses in conversation. Others, aside from Jedi Masters, should be just quick snacks for the Exile.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Nilhus had an excuse for being so weak. He tried to drain the Exile and went to his knees because of it.

Sion, if you erode his will, can be taken out by constantly applying Force Choke.

The toughest fight, until you get to the three lightsabers, will be in the tomb of Ludo Kressh when you have to face your party members.

as to the Tank Droid, that thing needs something done with it.

Well, Nilhus had an excuse for being so weak. He tried to drain the Exile and went to his knees because of it.

Well, weak enough to be defeated, that SHOULD be the point of it, but not to weak to be defeated in one or two rounds. He wasn't too much harder than some stupid boma or elite trooper, and that is embarrassing. He's intended to be absolutely impossible for Exile, or anyone else for that matter, to defeat him normally. So plot-wise it's made that when he tries to drain Exile but it backfires and that leaves him weak enough to be possible for party to engage him in combat, and it should be still very difficult and challenging fight but possible to beat. But the way it's made now it's...REALLY UNFORGIVABLY laughably easy, and that's why it's obviously very big oversight from programmers side and any way to fix it would be absolutely great for improving TSL experience.

Archived