Home

Disbeliever's crazy project!

disbeliever

I wanted to be trendy and re-use the thread title :) Wanted to tease everyone, do not ask when it will be done... I hope Q is not to angry I made this ;)

Some background:

With the sudden departure of great modder SithSpecter. it seemed that the restoration of Sleheyron would die with his leaving. We felt that was wrong. We also felt more creative freedom should work its way into the restoration, not simply sticking to the Bioware original idea. I.e. stick with the style, but have at it.

Description: The "addition" of Sleheyron to KOTOR.

Teaser: The landing area

sly_1.jpg

sly_2.jpg

sly_3.jpg

sly_4.jpg

sly_5.jpg

sly_6.jpg

sly_7.jpg

sly_8.jpg

sly_9.jpg

sly_10.jpg

sly_11.jpg

We are modeling out more machinary to have about, and some giant ships for the larger docking areas. Right now they are just speeders super scaled up :-p

We have a custom story idea worked out, which I will not go into at this time. Again however, we are working on this part time, and not really rushing at all. Hopefully the landing area gets in game sometime next week or the week after.

Enjoy

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far Disbelieves has been doing all the work on this.

I'm not that good a partner >_>

Great work Dis, it looks amazingly cool now with all the textures on it!

A very good job, I'll get to those machines and ships as promised.

I left my villa at the beach to get stuck in some sort of ruined city in the middle of a desert ;)

EDIT: The renders are ace! Can't stop look'n at them :drool2:

I hope you'll improve the skybox as well!

Yes, its one of my to do jobs. Though I'll have to PM Dis, to get those lovely buildings, I'm getting ideas on how to do my Skybox thing :p

Very, very nice looking.

Nice to see that it isn't dead with SS gone! I also like the style this appears to be taking... Almost reminds me of your korribban city for some reason Q. :xp:

:lol: Must be the dirty brown tones, in that respect Korriban has the same "thing" going.

These look fantastic. I love the smoggy, industrial feel; you can almost smell the air.

Hmm, I think this is more kinda like Nal Hutta, don't breath to deep, it stinks and its toxic as hell! :lol:

nice work it'll be cool if it could have that realistic look to it

M'yeah, renders always turn out great. Dis has done a great job on that ^_^

Now, just a quick shot of what've done, its small compared to what Dis did, a machine:

Sley_Mach01.jpg

Sley_Mach02.jpg

Its not a 100% done, needs a lifting mechanic, though I still have some loose ideas about how it should look. Digged up some of my droodles, worked out more ideas and still have plans for about 4 more "cargo transport and lifter" machines.

Keep an eye on this thread, you all know I like to do petite updates ;)

Some how it keeps me going :)

Awesome Q!

I will hold on further work until we can get all your ships and machines into the model so I can set all the coords and then work on getting it all in game.

I agree after seeing the renders, seeing it in game will be anti climatic :( Without proper lightmaps we simply do not yet have the nice shading and depth. One day though :)

So are you guys directly continuing on from SS's work by using his modules? Or are you starting fresh? Either way, its looking awesome (but the pink machines look a bit funky :D).

Ha the machine that are pink are un texturized 3d models, and they will be trains on trian tracks hauling cargo away :) I had not yet texturized them, as with the last blue wall near the larger landing docks.

This is a fresh start. Everything you see if brand new, we are re-using nothing that SS made. SS was more trying to mimic the Bioware screenshots of Sley and how it should look. Me and Q are taking our own ideas, keeping the round industrial building theme, and doing our own thing.

Interesting. Might be a nice change of pace to tramp through an industrial/dock area - the Nar Shaddaa "docks" never really did it for me. It will be interesting to see if you can get an appropriate "hive of activity" type feeling. Do you think with an area that large you will still be able to have a decent number of NPCs? I know you were having poly count issues with your Korriban module Quanon - how is this one fairing?

Interesting. Might be a nice change of pace to tramp through an industrial/dock area - the Nar Shaddaa "docks" never really did it for me. It will be interesting to see if you can get an appropriate "hive of activity" type feeling. Do you think with an area that large you will still be able to have a decent number of NPCs? I know you were having poly count issues with your Korriban module Quanon - how is this one fairing?

Well, Dis has send me his 3Ds Max files and I looked at the "motherfile".

The polycount is very, very, very high: 200.000 something O.o

Now, Dis said still he had to do the clean up work, there are a load of "behinds" of the buildings and walls you'll never see. So those have to go.

It'll be a real challenge to see if this turn out ok for the game. Certainly if we want NPCs runnin about in them.

A lot can change after the clean up. If it comes to worse, I'm afraid we'll have to redo the thing and make it smaller.

Archived