Home

Odd

jerha202

Hi all! We are developing a freeware adventure game called Odd that I though people in this forum might be interested in, since it's much in the spirit of the old LucasArts adventures. Moreover, we're fortunate enough to have engaged the amazingly talented artist Ado Ceric, who some of you may remember for his wonderful Monkey Island fan art.

Odd tells the story of a Norwegian hiker and rock collector with the same name, who happens to find a portal from the mental ward Earth out to the real world outside. Odd is temporarily discharched from the mental ward and is assigned the mission to catch some patients who managed to escape from the Earth. The major part of the game takes place in the real world, which appears very surreal and unrestricted for insane and institutionalized people like us. After some time, Odd will learn to take advantage of the freedom and the bizarre properties of the real world, but will also inevitably cause a few disasters in his quest to capture the runaways.

More info and a very first downloadable preview of the work in progress here:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/odd

We would be very happy to read your feedback either here or in our official feedback thread, where the discussion is already going. Oh, and if you happen to be a skilled animator with a lot of spare time that you don't know what to do with, then we might have a suggestion for you.

Hey Atle, good to see you commenting on our game again - more than six years later! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=102629)

Just curious, what happened to Roger Foodbelly? I think our two projects have similar histories - fairly ambitious game, talented artists and an activity peak back in 2003, after which the activity slowly faded out. But what I have done now is to compile all the work we did back then, polish it up a little so that it's at least playable, and put it out for people to download - just because I really didn't want all that work to have been in vain. So, Atle, I know you have a lot of cool stuff back there on your hard disk - maybe time to dig it out...?

Archived