Home

Brütal Legend

The Tingler

I really don't see the harm in putting it on Steam - Psychonauts did well there, although it was already released on PC and probably easier to port. In 9 months or whatever, the ad campaign will be long gone and most people with consoles will have played it, or be waiting for a reduced price. On steam it would attract those without consoles who were interested, and it would help curb piracy, which I'm sure DF are very desperate to avoid given their circumstances. I think their licensed soundtrack is another thing that they're eager to avoid being stolen, which would be easier on PC I assume.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's one covered in snow that refuses to open :(

Go back after you've beat the game, it's all defrosted.

Beat the game last night. Then I printed out a nice map with all of the items on so I can find some of the stuff I missed. I am the coolest motherfunker on the planet.

Also I don't care whether it comes out on PC or not, and neither should anyone in this thread since we all appear to have it on a console.

I care for most of the reasons I've already stated, plus the fact that from next week onwards I won't be able to play it at all until sometime next year.

If I had a choice between 360, PS3 and PC versions of the game, similar to Psychonauts, I would have chosen PC every time - just like I did with that game.

So I'm about half way through and I'm pretty disappointed, I'm just not finding it very much fun.. to be honest most of the time I'm totally confused about what I'm doing / supposed to do, It doesn't seem clear to me.

It's full of a lot of things that should be really good fun in theory, like driving around an open landscape, running stuff over hacking stuff to pieces etc.. but for me I just find it really bland and boring. The Deuce handles pretty badly, it almost feels like i'm sliding around the place and not actually driving on the ground.. I know the dynamics are exaggerated and it's not supposed to be realistic but I'm just not finding it very much fun at all.

And the fighting just isn't satisfying, I don't know why it isn't.. but it just isn't.

I can't put my finger on why I don't like the open worldness of it, I'd love it if it was in Zelda - GTA but with this.. it has a emptiness to it, there are so many cool ideas and details everywhere but on the whole it feels really dry and dull, like the main element is missing and it's just a load of cool tiny ideas put together.

It's like I'm going from one chore to the next just to see where the story is going. This'll be the only Schafer game I'll more then likely not finish.

But anyway.. I'm sure I'm the minority, everyone else seems to be liking the game and it has good enough reviews, just thought I'd send my opinion over this way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived