Home

BoS with Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt

FaZzZa99

To my knowledge (I never tried it) but I don't think it's possible.

Revan's Flowing Cape and BOS Revan are two different models. Revan's Flowing Cape uses the game's original model. BOS Revan was modded so that the mask wasn't part of the body so that the pc could equip it or unequip it.

In the end, I don't think it's possible without doing a hell of a lot of work.

Sorry pal.

So they rest of us can play along, here's the portions that refer how to make it all compatible. Those that actually do this first should confirm it for the rest of us. I've done it the groundwork myself as I was going to try Revan's Flowing Robes, BOS AND Recruitable Kay - but I won't be playing the game until later tomorrow. (Now that should be interesting with all of those mods!)

Some of you guys are complete plonkers. And you call yourselves modders.

It is only NOT compatible with BoS because the Darth Revan models are renamed to something else, different from the N_DarthRevan...mdl etc.

They are named PFBJL(M)(S).mdl (the female model, I'd assume) and PMBJL(M(S).mdl (for the male model, I'd assume), etc.

I can use this - I simply made 6 copies of the model files and renamed them P(M/F)BJ(L /M/S).mdl and the same for the mdx files. Viola! One compatible set of flowing robes.

And Shem is wrong, it DOES work with the mask-less model, at least as far as I can tell with the BoS mask-less Revan model.

Given that it SHOULD also work with the light side starforge robes if you rename the files appropriately.

Sithspecter himself followed up with this over there . . .

It IS compatible with BoS. Just because it does not change the maskless model included does not mean that is isn't compatible. Compatibility is when both mods will work, and they both do.

There are 3 different models when you refer to Revan...

1. The main Hooded Masked Version...
  2. The Hooded Mask-less version used in the reveal cut-scene that has a place for the characters head/face to show...
  3. The Dress-like robe that you get in the game with no cape or hood...

All 3 come with the stock game... the BOS mod uses it like mine do, and others have.

The flowing cape mod changed the masked version ONLY... so any mod using the hooded mask-less version will be unaffected by the Revan Flowing Cape mod, and yes the head will clip some worse than others.

• 5 months later...
I did what was stated, but now the head clips through the mask! Help what did i wrong!

Really simple fix to this. Find the .uti (item file) that the BOS Revan's Robes (there is more than one) uses, open up the items with the KotOR Tool, then add a disguise property to the items, then choose the Unique_DarthRevan property. Then the disguise will make it the masked model.

• 2 years later...
Really simple fix to this. Find the .uti (item file) that the BOS Revan's Robes (there is more than one) uses, open up the items with the KotOR Tool, then add a disguise property to the items, then choose the Unique_DarthRevan property. Then the disguise will make it the masked model.

Hi Sorry But Im not A good moder all ive ever done is simple editing to make my mods compatible with one another umm so how would i do this? i mean how do i find the .Uti (item file) and then i got no clue how to use kotor tools either i downloaded it just for this but cant figure out how to use it can someone help me? maybe send me the files that i need to use to make the head not clip? if not and thats to much can someone help me figure out how to do this suggestion? PLeeaaasse? as this would be beyond awesome to play with if the head dosnt clip. thanks.

If somebody has the will to put together some kind of patch/edit which would solve this issue then feel free to release it over at KoTOR files. I'd look into it myself but I'm so rusty with this sort of thing I wouldn't know where to start, haha.

For my own install I have fixed this. Though its perfect for me, not everyone will like how I fixed it so whether I upload it like you suggested will depend.

Basically what I did was what ZimmMaster said in Rejeans501st's quote only for the Masks instead of the Robes.

Now that I remember though... I also buffed up the masks with a bunch of stats equal to Svosh's two super powerful masks (Light of the Force or Fuel of Hate, I dont remember which stats I copied over).

For my own install I have fixed this. Though its perfect for me, not everyone will like how I fixed it so whether I upload it like you suggested will depend.

Basically what I did was what ZimmMaster said in Rejeans501st's quote only for the Masks instead of the Robes.

Now that I remember though... I also buffed up the masks with a bunch of stats equal to Svosh's two super powerful masks (Light of the Force or Fuel of Hate, I dont remember which stats I copied over).

That Would Be Awesome. Is it easy to change stats on the masks? if it is could you put it to some normal stats and upload it? if its hard to change the stats though you could just upload them as is i would definitly download right away silveredge who made BOS:SR just gave permision so that wouldnt be a prob.

If you dont want to upload them could you pm them or something to me?

If so that would be awesome ty all

Right now I am away from my computer with all my work. But in about a month I'll be able to once I am back home.

Its relatively simple to do.

Use the KotOR Tool's GFF Editor to locate the files, ds_revan_mask.uti and ds_revan_mask2.uti (Those should be the names but I am not 100% sure.) and simply add a line according to what you quoted ZimmMaster on earlier.

Right now I am away from my computer with all my work. But in about a month I'll be able to once I am back home.

Its relatively simple to do.

Use the KotOR Tool's GFF Editor to locate the files, ds_revan_mask.uti and ds_revan_mask2.uti (Those should be the names but I am not 100% sure.) and simply add a line according to what you quoted ZimmMaster on earlier.

K I dont mean to be really dumb here so sorry but i opened the kotor tool got the file and opened it changed the mask to disquise but how do i add a line and make the uniqedarthreven thing? thanks for all the help so far

Wait Never Mind I figured it out thanks guys did what yousaid gonna try it and see if it works now thanks again guys!!!!

Ok so i added the lines on those masks for disquise then unique_darth_Revan but it didnt work :( so im going to try doing it masterzimms way cause i think i now understand what he is saying to do thumbs crossed :)

ok so i found one of the robes the red revan one called g_a_mstrrobe12 and i added a line to it that was disquise and the picked uniqueDrarth_Revan and the hyead still clips through the mask and hood what am i doing wrong? help please? thanks

ok so i found one of the robes the red revan one called g_a_mstrrobe12 and i added a line to it that was disquise and the picked uniqueDrarth_Revan and the hyead still clips through the mask and hood what am i doing wrong? help please? thanks

I haven't actually modded in a year or two , so I may be a bit misty on the details, but hopefully I can help.

If I understand what you're saying then you haven't renamed the mdl and mdx files, as Silveredge's robes point to a new name, compared to the original name which SS's flowing robes use.

Sith Holocron quoted a guy from KotorFiles who had shown what to rename SS's files so it will work with Silveredge's, just scroll up a bit in this thread.

I haven't actually modded in a year or two , so I may be a bit misty on the details, but hopefully I can help.

If I understand what you're saying then you haven't renamed the mdl and mdx files, as Silveredge's robes point to a new name, compared to the original name which SS's flowing robes use.

Sith Holocron quoted a guy from KotorFiles who had shown what to rename SS's files so it will work with Silveredge's, just scroll up a bit in this thread.

Thank you for responding first off i appreciate the help.

but no i had done what he had said first before any of this and it worked cause the cape flows like it should but now the hood/mask clips through the head and that is the prob we were trying to fix.

thanks you anyway though

I would imagine that if you're any good a modeling that you could switch the animations over to the hoodless revan robe model. I read a tutorial somewhere that you would need to detach the bones from one and reattach to the other. You would, of course, have to keep it for yourself and not release it. (Rubbing it in our faces, I'm sure) Unless you get permission to release from Sithspecter.

Sorry if my grammars bad or my sentences are running together, I was up til about 3:00 in the morning working on a big project for a friend of mine.

Love(HAHA-no),

~KG~

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bump this thread for anyone still looking for this information. I think all of what I'm about to say is already in this thread, but I didn't really get how to make it work initially. Forgive me if I go into too much detail, just trying to be clear for everyone.

So, in BOS:SR, the robe and mask you get from Shadow are the:

ds_revan_robe.uti (and ds_revan_robe2.uti?)

ds_revan_mask.uti (and ds_revan_mask.uti?)

It's important to note that the robe is the maskless version. The idea is obviously to be able to separate the two and mix and match with other items.

So the other files used by the uti files are the:

PFBJL.mdl, PFBJL.mdx, PFBJM.mdl, PFBJM.mdx, PFBJS.mdl, PFBJS.mdx

PMBJL.mdl, PMBJL.mdx, PMBJM.mdl, PMBJM.mdx, PMBJS.mdl, PMBJS.mdx

As stated before, to make the Revan's Robes Revisioned mod work with BOS:SR, just rename a copy of N_DarthRevan.mdl and N_DarthRevan.mdx for each of these (corresponding to the correct suffix). I also copied over the pmbj01.tga file. This one should be whatever color scheme you wanted (just as the mod's readme details).

So now to the kicker, the head/mask clipping issue. From my experience, this was there even in the original BOS:SR. So it's a problem with the cowl on the maskless version of the robe. The mask by itself works fine, and any other mask with maskless robe has the same clipping issue. So the workaround that people talk about is actually to just give up on the maskless robe. Unless you can mod and fix it, it's easier to just replace the maskless robe with the masked robe (which doesn't have the clipping). This means you'll never get the Revan's robe look with a different mask or without a mask, but I figured if I was wearing the robe I wanted the Revan's mask look anyhow (and would rather avoid the clipping). The decision is yours, you just have to live with one.

So to 'fix' the item given to us by Shadow, we need to add a 'disguise' property to it. We're basically saying this item will project an illusion on you, and the illusion will be the masked Revan's robes. Others in this thread have talked about adding the disguise to the mask, but I figured since the clipping issue is specifically with the robes, I'd just leave the mask as is so it can be used correctly with other armor/robes.

To fix the uti files, I downloaded the Kotor Tool and then right-clicked on the ds_revan_robe.uti (and ds_revan_robe2.uti) file and said 'open with', then browsed through and selected the Kotor Tool. You'll get an Item Editor window which will open, and you can select the properties tab. Double clicking on the * will open a window to let you add a new property. Select the following:

Property Name: Disguise

Subtype: Unique_Darth_Revan

Everything else can be left alone and hit Add. Then save your new uti file and put it in the Override when ready. Now when you wear the ds_revan_robe item, it will look like the original masked version of the robes. The trick here is those robes are based on the original robe model files, nad not the BOS:SR mdl and mdx files. To get the flowing cape and new color schemes you need to now copy over the N_DarthRevan.mdl and N_DarthRevan.mdx (leaving the names the same) from the Revan's Robes Revisioned mod into the Override (as well as the pmbj01.tga if you didn't already) to get it to show up with the illusion.

To summarize:

-If you don't mind the clipped mask/head look and really want the maskless Revan's robes, just make the PFBJL.mdx (and so on) copies from N_DarthRevan.mdx (and so on) and copy over pmbj01.tga.

-If you want to avoid the clipping, and don't care about a maskless robed look, adjust the ds_revan_robe.uti and ds_revan_robe2.uti files and copy over the N_DarthRevan.mdl, N_DarthRevan.mdx, and pmbj01.tga files.

One last thing to keep in mind. It seems that when you initially get an item is the only time the uti file is loaded. After that maybe the info is in the save file? Not sure. So if you wait to make these uti adjustments, you won't see them in a game where you've already been given the robes. Either adjust the files before Shadow gives them to you, or you can cheat and get a new copy that will have the adjustments.

Sorry that was so long winded. Keep in mind, I'm not a modder and this was just my experience from tinkering. Please say something if I made a mistake.

Archived