Home

Upgrade Skins Outside Citadel Station

Sith Holocron

When looking out the windows of Citadel Station, I was mostly impressed that they had flying vehicles in traffic patterns outside. However some of the in-game skins leave a lot to be desired.

Some examples:

CitadelStationSkinUpgrade.jpg

This very low resolution picture for the deck (highlighted in red) certainly could improved, couldn't it? The pipe that just ends in space could always be attached to the building too but let's not get too picky. (LOL)

Also the buildings in the background - highlighted here in green - wouldn't suffer at all with an upgrade.

CitadelStationSkinUpgrade2.jpg

Of course, two versions would have to be made - one for the standard Citadel Station and one for the version where it's under attack (and all the red lights are on)

I really don't mind the second picture. But the first one on the other hand...

I think it's supposed to be grass and pipes but it sure doesn't look like it. Would it be too much to ask to add some details on the buildings, like a sensor?

Support!

HERE ARE 4 IDEAS

STATION TEXTURE

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
SCI-1-V24.png

Show spoiler
sc-other.png

Show spoiler
sc-other2.png

FLOOR TEXTURE

Show spoiler
SCI-1-V23.png

Show spoiler
SCI-1-V25.png

That one texture( shown in the first picture) does need a sort of update, its quiet ugly.

And IIRC, it gets used in the docka area, the long hallway that connects the 3 docks => In the ceiling.

I think those are 1 and the same. Perhaps I'll play around with it, see what I can do.

The second part doesn't bother me so much in game. The players view from inside the Citadel I think you never can see those pipes.

Though proof me wrong ;)

Adjusting models from the game is tricky, our tools aren't fully OK for that sort of thing.

No doubt we'll break more then fix.

• 1 year later...

The "filling" highlighted in red by Sith Holocron remind me of bits of electronic cards, or an aerial view of a modern city, elongated and blurred. This had may be used as a way to get quickly some "highly technical textures" if there are tools to scan, alter and filter such images.

Also, while we are looking at the outside of the landing zones of module 126, from docks 1 or 2 or 3, through the magcon field, we can see some decor but if, using an exploit, we pass de magcon field, there is nothing. So I think the decor is only a skybox and we will never find the textures.

031_insolite_05.png

031_insolite_03.png

031_insolite_04.png

TTLan

@ Sith Holocron, I wasnt sure that those were the correct textures, they just looked like they might have been them.

@Mandalore5, I completely agree, whenever I go through the prologue I always see these floating pieces of paper going around the ship. Same for going outside of Peragus on the scaffolding.

Hey, long time since I posted in this thread, but Sith dropped me a line and off I went to make a better looking texture :lol:

First results. Nothing breath taking: the thing I made is still to "big", the originale uses finer smaller pipes and tech bits. I'll have to do a second version where I do the same, just some rescaling nothing more.

Enjoy the pics :D

EDIT: Oh, the name of the culprit is Tel_StSf.

K2_00026.jpg

K2_00025.jpg

K2_00017.jpg

K2_00020.jpg

K2_00023.jpg

Okay; back with a slightly altered texture, I've shrunk the thing to 75%, copied and mirrored the thing. Then moved it around a bit, to hide the patern/ tile look.

Turns out nicely in the game now, but it still lacks depth; I'll see if I can solve that in 3Ds Max; as I made a bunch of tubes and support beams in there. I'll see what sort of results that gives.

K2_00001.jpg

K2_00004.jpg

K2_00007.jpg

K2_00009.jpg

Archived