Home

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Ogriv83

What can i say. I picked this up last week and am completly hooked. Not since TSL have i been so engrossed in a game. I find my self puzzling over quest while having a quite drink at work. Its a little worrying how much a good game can suck you in.

Now I know there are many who prefer Morrowind over Oblivion but I can not comment as I have never played Elder Scrolls 3. I know, I know cartinal sin among RPGers. I will its top of the pile for when I take a break from Oblivion as I cant see it getting finished this side of Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion is a wonderful game, give yourself time dont rush the main quest, explore and do all the other tasks and quests in the towns and cities and just enjoy. I have been playing one install for 3 years now, and have seen maybe 1/2 of all that there is to see and do, it is a wonderful game and world. I like it much better than Morrowind which is dark and creepy and i just dont like the feeling of much of it, Oblivion rocks and there are some fine mods that can make it even more fun.

Morrwind has its own flavour and beauties, dont get me wrong, it is a great game also. I just prefer the realistic feeling of the world of Cyrodil in Oblivion, i ignore and spend as little time as possible in the dark side and after looking at Shivering Isles once, dont ever plan to go back. You will have a wonderful time.

A useful thread about mods:

http://justadventure.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1253565872

An absolute pleasure to play. I was hooked instantly.

Find and claim Battlehorn Castle for your own and enjoy upgrading it. It's such a great place to hole-up and return to after long journeys and tiresome quests.

Explore every inch of this world. I love that there's no rush to the main quest.

Note the subtle changes as you move geographically across the lands.

Take your time.

Archived