Home

The Jedi Knight is like Samuel L. Jackson

News

I mean, Mace Windu. In an interview with GameSpot, Old Republic producers Dallas Dickinson and William Wallace discuss the ins and outs of the newest announced class of the upcoming MMO. Dallas Dickinson: The Jedi knight is based very much on [samuel L. Jackson's] Mace Windu archetype [from the Phantom Menace motion picture]. He is [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

So, does anyone else wonder if they'll throw in more caster-style Jedi and Sith into the game (because we definitely need more Jedi), or will they follow the movie's Jedi and make them into the melee scene?
I don't think we'll see any other force classes personally. I considered it when we just had Sith Warrior as that is specific enough that they could have has some other Sith class for more force powers, but with Jedi Knight, what other Jedi type class could they do? Not that I know what the last two spots will be for Republic and Sith (I suspect some type of "Imperial Agent" as the next Sith class).

I don't think we'll see any other force classes personally. I considered it when we just had Sith Warrior as that is specific enough that they could have has some other Sith class for more force powers, but with Jedi Knight, what other Jedi type class could they do? Not that I know what the last two spots will be for Republic and Sith (I suspect some type of "Imperial Agent" as the next Sith class).

I've always thought that there (alliteration ftw!) would only be one per side, but a popular interpretation of the name Sith Warrior was that there would be Sith who aren't as warriortastic. I think that the (alliteration ftw!) use of the generic Jedi Knight term to refer to a parallel class means that they call all Sith 'Warriors'.

Yeah I agree with you. Also, about the dual-wielding, I hope it's just like KotOR in that there is both a bonus and negative so that you can still effectively wield a single blade comparatively. I'm not a fan of Jedi with double-bladed or dual lightsabers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too interested in Race, I'm Just Concerned that they feel they have to use the main Characters of the Films, to explain to people what a Jedi is... 3k years earlier. But then it is an MMO, so it's marketed for 13 year old WWE fans, as much as it is for us SW fans ... Expect "Star Wars for beginners" as your quests and storyline, I expect the better more KotOR orientated Stories, to be be created in our heads as we Role-play TBHlol :)

Archived