Home

Windows 7 Switch

Da_man

SO I got a license of Windows 7, and I am going to be switching from Windows XP.Are there any issues with moving documents, music, pictures, files, anything between the operating systems I should know about? I am leaning towards the 64-bit side, if it matters.

Also, is there any word on Win7 patches for Republic Commando or Jedi Outcast? I heard that these are rather unstable on Vista, and early reports say the same on Win7.

All I can say is...hope that you do not have music that is DRM'ed. It's painful to play your library and only have 20% of your songs work.

If it's all MP3, your music should transfer just fine.

If you backup everything you need...you should be fine. Make sure to create backups of all of your drivers and whatnot just in case!

I did a clean install from Vista, and it worked great (except for my music b/c I legally download it...and I now am reconsidering continuing that lol)...

As for the games, I'm not sure. You can always try running them in compatibility mode. I have played Republic Commando on my Vista OS before, and it worked great though.

Let me know how it goes.

Glad you're makin' the switch!

Archived