Home

Rebel Assault 2

Totenkopf

It's essentially a fairly tedious arcade game, which repeats the same shoot em 'up scenario every other level, with a QTE-controlled flying segment filling up every other. It's also interspersed with horribly-acted FMV sequences, to boot.

So, that would be a negative. :p

You should get it only for the MST3K mode.

(Of course, you could watch the videos of it on Youtube :p)

Yeah, actually did try about the 1st 10 minutes or so (up to the B-wing fight). @42 minutes in length, didn't feel like sitting through it. Maybe in pieces...

Anyway, thanks all, but will probably pass on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have rebel assault 1...Can't say I was too awfully impressed. It's also set up in just such a way on a difficulty curve that once you start using the tie fighter in the canyon level you're basically shot-in-the-dark and I HATED the inconsistency in hit/no-hit register. On that particular level one or 2 mistakes and you're dead. Since the registry was a chance thing you could spend hours trying to beat it.

Worse is how that was only the beginning and it preps you for the other levels which IMO are WAAAAAAAY too hard to beat. Trying cheat mode only sets you up for failure on the last level b/c you're not used to the controls and stuff.

Good thing I played it in a good mood- otherwise it would have become headbutting fodder.

I actually have rebel assault 1...Can't say I was too awfully impressed. It's also set up in just such a way on a difficulty curve that once you start using the tie fighter in the canyon level you're basically shot-in-the-dark and I HATED the inconsistency in hit/no-hit register. On that particular level one or 2 mistakes and you're dead. Since the registry was a chance thing you could spend hours trying to beat it.

Worse is how that was only the beginning and it preps you for the other levels which IMO are WAAAAAAAY too hard to beat. Trying cheat mode only sets you up for failure on the last level b/c you're not used to the controls and stuff.

Good thing I played it in a good mood- otherwise it would have become headbutting fodder.

You do have a joystick, though, right? You can't possibly play that game without one, it's just way too impossible/annoying.

You do have a joystick, though, right? You can't possibly play that game without one, it's just way too impossible/annoying.
I played both Rebel Assault games with nothing but my trusty IBM standard issue keyboard and roller ball mouse. Successfully I might add. :carms:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived