Home

Telletale and the new monkey island

steveyb24

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to concur with Sabretooth on this one. Being a massive fan of the MI series, ever since I played the first one, I was thrilled when I heard that there was going to be a 5th installment in the series (I loved the first 4). But after my initial excitement was over, I just kinda got a bit bored with Tales.

The puzzles are fine, and the humor is still the same.. but I don't know. Once you play Tales once, I just didn't want really want to bother anymore. The graphics were nicely done, and Guybrush looks better than ever, but for an inexplicable reason, this one just didn't hold my interest like the previous 4 games.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished all of them, and if you're not into the story, then you're out of luck. They get better as the 5 episode series goes along, and given that I'm a pretty crappy logic player, I tend to trial/error the solutions out, and get stuck a lot of the time, I still took about 6 hours per episode on average, and had a complete blast doing so. If they just made a cinematic of the series on DVD to watch, I'd kick back to watch it monthly, but I don't think you'd have the same investment and feeling of accomplishment at the end.

Overall though, being that they are the Tales of Monkey Island, I can't imagine how any self respecting MI fan could pass them up. The ending is just as outstanding as the rest of the series.

Archived