Home

Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC Aspyr Patch v 1.1

Aspyr has released a patch to fix some things in SWTFU:USE.

The fixes are the following:

This patch is an official update for North American Retail version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. THIS PATCH IS FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN RETAIL VERSION OF THE GAME.

This update includes some general performance improvements including the following:

Patch File Size: About 403 MB

A European patch version can also be found on the links below.

-General performance optimizations

-Optimized in game cloth handling

-Optimized in game trees leaf handling

-Added a detail setting to improve performance on lower end (dual core) machines

-Addressed audio stuttering issues

-Addressed options disappearing briefly after pressing [Esc] at the Main Menu

-Addressed flashing placeholder text

-Added additional controller support:

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Logitech Rumblepad 2

Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Logitech Dual Action Controller

Saitek Cyborg Rumble

Saitek P32 Rumble

I went to the Aspyr site to see if there was any support for the bad sound and no graphics configuration whatsoever and I ended up finding this.

Links:

http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=1

or

http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=252

If the above links don't work, go here:

http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/117

I am downloading it at the moment, so I hope it fixes most of the problems/bugs we are all having with this game so far.

It also helps to update you graphics card drivers, Direct X, and try not to run too many things on your computer while playing this game. I did that and it really speeded up the game play alot.

So does the patch improve the framerate better than the "low detail" hack previously discovered (or is it identical)?

Nevermind, it was the temp folder. This patch needs at least 15-18gb free for the temp folder. It worked fine although High Detail enabled/disabled barely makes a difference.

Man this game is a memory hog... it should come with a free hard drive!

Yes this patch is a memory hog, I can't remember when last I ever bothered about the temp folder like this. The patch does improve framerates, on high detail.

On High detail enabled mode, I noticed that the objects get a kind of anti-aliasing effect, many but not all objects. The 30 fps lock sucks, pcs are made for running games without shackles. When I load the game, the soundtracks and sfx get drowned by the sound of a factory/mill machine running. Whatever is causing this makes it sound like you a factory worker. Lol

Aspyr did great by providing a major patch in such a short time. Hats off. Not many devs do that to fix their mistakes, this game felt worse than a port. Felt like a 360 emulation at first. But still, textures could have been better.

I think the save game does disappear but you could ask someone else to confirm. When I booted up the game after patching, I didn't find my previous save file. Wasn't much of a problem for me since I wasn't playing this game due to the performance and textures.

When you think about why this game performs in such a slow way as opposed to many modern games with greater visuals and on-screen enemies, animations etc, there really is no answer.

This game is too CPU dependant maybe, since my processor is weak although other games run at max settings with my 8800GT 512mb graphics card and 2GB RAM. I'm talking about games with much higher quality of visuals and animations. Being a huge fan of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and other Star Wars games, I wish the PC version was good.

It says the same on mine, but on the settings panel before starting the game you should have a 'High Detail' option below Resolution. If you have that then the patch worked. And check out the in-game performance. All in all, it's a lot better after the patch, the gameplay is very much fun and innovative with so much environmental destruction.

Can anyone help? When I start there is only XBOX 360 Controller and Keboard but no other Controllers and I have the Patch!!!

LOL Taking sooo long for an answer. Here is what happend. I Installed SWTFU USE and downloaded patch 1.1. After Installing the patch (WHICH TOOK SOO LONG) I restarted my computer just in case. I ran the Icon of TFU and On the video/controller tab, I see Resulution and Input device and High Detil. after clicking the dropdown menu I only se Keyboard and Mouse and Xbox 360 Conroller. I try eather one to play with my Dual action controller but sadly it didn't work. And Yes I did Try to Map the buttons to my conroller didn't let me!

LOL Taking sooo long for an answer. Here is what happend. I Installed SWTFU USE and downloaded patch 1.1. After Installing the patch (WHICH TOOK SOO LONG) I restarted my computer just in case. I ran the Icon of TFU and On the video/controller tab, I see Resulution and Input device and High Detil. after clicking the dropdown menu I only se Keyboard and Mouse and Xbox 360 Conroller. I try eather one to play with my Dual action controller but sadly it didn't work. And Yes I did Try to Map the buttons to my conroller didn't let me!

I Have Found In the Directory a .txt called ControllerConfig which has my gamepad listed. One Problem, How to activate them?

In the file is there an "off" or "0" after it? Change it to "on" or "1" and that may do the trick.

Try Yoda's Help Desk if all else fails, on the LucasArts site (or Aspyr Media's tech support page)... and post what they tell you here, as others might have the same problem...

The more I play the more I enjoy it, graphically it's excellent in certain levels. For me both gameplay and graphics are important and I'm really liking this game now. I guess the patch helped a lot. I think the stuttering will go away if you keep your anti virus off when playing. Pause/Exit it.

Has anyone tried this patch on a decent 64-bit (preferbly Vista) PC. I wanted to know how well it runs under heavy load (loads of enemies etc.), especially on the Tattoine mission as I remember it having severe difficulties loading due to the 30fps limit on the PS3. Also wanted to know how the graphics & general response are, as well as reliability in terms of crashing if any (hope not)?

Many Thanks

Before applying the patch, people had memory leaks, slow downs, graphical issues. After the patch, the game got a 'High Detail' setting or something, performance improved greatly. Costumes like Luke's jedi suit increases the game's framerate a lot. If you got a good CPU and GPU, this game will be fine now.

I hope this fixes "random" crashing, it keeps crashing before i get to Rahm Kota which means the game is currently useless XD.

The launcher doesnt even work for me...so i had to manually edit the config file. I also managed to get pretty decent graphics by using nvidia's override panel, the game looks good so no complaints on that part.

Watiting for patch to DL and keeping fingers crossed!

Wow Apsyr must be operated by a bunch of amateurs, the patch wont even finish installing on its own, i have to restart it every 30 seconds to continue the unpacking, thanks for wasting my time. I would manually unpack it but it appears they password protected it, lame.

Edit:

Well, it looks like a full re-install fixed it.

Got the game yesterday, installed it, patched it & then played it, had a few CTD's that were a bit annoying and 1 crash, as well as a few picture & sound glitches here n there, then looked up to see if it was the PC causing the problem as it may have (only partly) been with Fallout 3.

I found the clean-boot method on Microsoft's website, done it & since then the game has been ABSOLUTELY perfect!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 - CLEAN BOOT PC

With a powerful enough spec, the right knowledge and a "clean" PC, this game will be no trouble...once patched of course :thmbup1:

The graphics & motion are so much better than the PS3 (and I should imagine Xbox) version it is unreal! It's almost life-like. On the PS3 I remember Darth Maul kinda looking a bit blurred, especially in the face, but on this you see absolutely every detail, and it is beautiful. The developers really put effort into this graphically, no doubt, it's just a shame that the consoles don't have the spec to really show it unlike a high-end PC.

The only thing next is to remove the 30FPS frame rate lock, which'll make the motion even more fluid, oh, and mods of course :)

There are already ways to do texture mods if anyone is unaware, haven't done it yet myself, but here are the links I have:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=140841&tstart=0

These will further explain how it is done exactly, being only slightly different from TFU.

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/texmod/tutorial.html

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4092038&postcount=4

EDIT:

By the way, I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition.

If you have Vista I would suggest disabling UAC & installing the game under C:\ drive, instead of the Program Files.

Archived