Home

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

Sven_Q45

Well it´s not released international but in Germany. Released on Friday November 6th. And don´t ask me about the other releases. Don´t know. ;)

Yesterday I finished it.

The entry is a little bit confusing. The graphics are in 2D (I love that) and with wheater efects. But on some spots the graphics are blurred! :(

And like in Dott you can browse between three charakters! But you can´t share things and it has no impact. But you can show it to the others and they can give you a little tip! That´s a nice and useful feature! Or a funny comment.

The puzzles are easy. But a few are difficult.

Music reminds me on MI 3! But... not only one time! :) A big plus is the great atmosphere! I can´t explain it but it has the "LucasArts charme".:thmbup1:

And don´t think (like others and me) it has something to do with MI! ;) And the name "Ghost Pirates..." has nothing to do like you know it from MI... It´s slightly better than AVS. :)

@SyntheticGerbil

I finished it. Read again. ;):)

Haha, major failure to read that line on my part.

Er... maybe describe even more stuff? Was it a solid experience? how much gameplay time do you think you should expect? Was the characterizations of the three characters each pretty well rounded? And was the cutscene animation as bad as Bill Tiller is making it out to be?

Mh, yes it was a highlight this year, I´d say. But 2008 and 2009 are generally good! imho.

Oh one week later, this Friday I´m really looking forward to Runaway 3! Uhm sorry. Back2topic. :D

With my one crash and one time accidentally deleted my savegames it took ca. 15 or 16 hours, I guess.

The two repetitions need together ca. 30-45 mins.

Many say it was short. But that was LA, too. Short but good is better than long but bad. :D

The graphics were a little bit fuzzy. :( And the cutscenes. Well I think there are worse things. ;) And it´s an adventure game. The technology is not so important.

Here´s my review (In German):

http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346020#p346020

and there is some bugs too. the characters Penetrates the stuff.

not all of its body, like the character's hand - the feet etc...,but sometimes all of the character's body.

i am talking when you're in the town. the character Penetrates the stuff which shows that the screen is divided in layers.

so it makes the character look like its not a part of the screen.

The release date of Ghost Pirates and Runaway 3 were adwanced. :) That´s rare! Ghost Pirates is there.

But Amazon says the release-date of Runaway 3 is on November 18th. But the release-date is tomorrow. :( Don´t know when Amazon send it to me now. That´s ****.

And not shop nearby that has it. :(

i am playing this game at the moment it really has the spirit of CMI

i love it

but i dont know why the characters doesn't have shadows, it makes the character look like its not a part of the screen

This is just a thought but did you forget that the cast are GHOSTS?! Since ghosts have no physical substance they thefore cast no shadow. In order for something to cast a shadow it has to have substance to block the light. Not be transparent and allow light to pass right through it.

• 3 months later...

Although a North American release is I'm sure inevitable, it hasn't been announced yet, so unless you're prepared to wait awhile you might be better off importing it from amazon.co.uk from the cheapest seller who ships to the states. That was the route I took (seeing as our press copy never arrived...stay tuned for the review!) and the total came to a reasonable $30, which is the median for new computer games anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived