GTA: Chinatown Wars Advert

Taak Farst

It says on a spotify advert for GTA:CW

Avenge your father's death

Raise a criminal empire

Drive like a sociopath

DO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES AMERICA GREAT!

What the hell?!

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but isnt that giving america a bad name and tellin foreigners that america is full of criminals??

Anyone who thinks that commercial is an accurate portrayal of the US is an idiot and considering their opinion in political matters is probably a bad idea.

This

Not to mention it's a lot of completely morally bankrupt fun.

QFT. How did that franchise get anywhere again?

Because its a great satire on our society. Well american society and in part the Western.

Its also why its getting so bashed often.

I think Rockstar does a good job and I always enjoyed the humour.

I wish one day they might do an european city again :p

EDIT: Plus its far to late now to whine about the look of america, it has an ugly side, but which country doesn't.

Yes it would be a bad idea........if it were FOR REALS. Sure, we're not perfect in America. However, I can think of plenty of worse things to put a dent upon our country than a Purple-toy-beat-off-the-top contest in Multi Theft Auto online on the San Fierro's Giant Bridge.

From afar, sure, this kind of game is a sort of bad mark for America, but all things considered...at least we aren't accused of supporting the following for economic mainstays:

running a child prostitution gig like Thailand does;

slave trade (forget prostitution);

piracy trade (both boat and electronic);

market dangerous or deadly drug substances on our streets.y drug substances on our streets.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but isnt that giving america a bad name and tellin foreigners that america is full of criminals??

Well, that happens to be common opinion in most Middle-Eastern and Third-World countries. The only places that don't think America is full of criminals are the only countries that matter any way.

Archived