Home

Revan's Robe Animation Fix

Ghost

this is an idea which just popped up in my head. This is also an idea to krisby. Everyone knows that Revan's cape drags right? as well as his other parts. So, all that needs to be done is replace the model's animation with that of a jedi from from Kotor 2, the cape would act as the back end of a jedi robe, and his front would work fine, i think. The hood however i do not have an idea for, since some models use Revan's robe & mask separately. Also, to fix the part which he cannot turn his head. maybe someone could reanimate that model and have the robe itself animated as a k2 jedi robe and then make the hood animate as a pc head. If what i suggest is impossible, please, enlighten me. And, i dont know if this can be done to the k1 versions.

Yes, it's already been done HERE. for K1. Blablabla...

Edit: Okay, I was just reading what I had here before and realized how little sense it makes to me now . . . I was tired and in a hurry. I'll try to clarify. Yes, a robe fix has been done for k1. If you mean for k2, yes, I could do that. I'll look into it.

He used 3Ds Max, though it should be possible to pull it off with Gmax aswell.

SS used some handy tools from NWmax, Redrob posted a short note of instructions SS provided him. Got myself a copy aswell ;)

Fixing the robe is a lenghty process, with all the animations involved :p

Well I would very much like to have a look at that. I've got about four months to kill and that robe in TSL is looking like a mighty tempting project. As well as Nihilus with full animations? Or HK-47 with a lightsaber (though didn't someone already do that?)? Or Malak with full animations?

Well I would very much like to have a look at that. I've got about four months to kill and that robe in TSL is looking like a mighty tempting project. As well as Nihilus with full animations? Or HK-47 with a lightsaber (though didn't someone already do that?)? Or Malak with full animations?

Nihilus - I'm working on that right now.

HK-47 - Yes, I did that already. And submitted a TSL version.

Malak - That's open.

Revan - Also open.

Do you know how to do this? If you're interested, I'll be finishing instructions for my method soon . . .

Alright, I'll see what I can do ;)

I may be able finish it this weekend . . . I'll keep you posted.

Wow, that would be very nice of you, to work out a small tutorial or something along those lines.

I might be making new areas, but my knowledge on the whole bones and weighting thing in 3D is none excistant :p

So even me, "veteran" modder would benifit, not to mention the upcoming talents wandering about Holowan. Some of them might just find out that this is their cup of tea :)

Looking forward to it all. Plus congrats on the jobs done so far.

Ӄhrizby, are you going to add the missing fight animations to dark nihilus or do like for HK-47 and replace all the animations by the wookie animations?

Unfortunately I know of no way to add specific animations, so I will have to replace all of them. I don't think I'll use the Wookiee, though, because of the posture and stuff, so I'll probably see if I can reuse a PC model . . .

Wow, that would be very nice of you, to work out a small tutorial or something along those lines.

I might be making new areas, but my knowledge on the whole bones and weighting thing in 3D is none excistant :p

So even me, "veteran" modder would benifit, not to mention the upcoming talents wandering about Holowan. Some of them might just find out that this is their cup of tea :)

Looking forward to it all. Plus congrats on the jobs done so far.

Thanks Quanon. It does mean a lot, and I'd like to help all that I can. Didn't have the time I expected, so it's still in progress . . .

Edit: It's done! See my WIP for the instructions!

Archived