Home

Ultimate Sith Edition, problems with dlc's

randydg

I have the ultimate sith edition for pc, but all i can play is the basic force unleashed, I cant reach any of the ultimate sith edition areas. like hoth, coruscant,tattoine, why cant I reach these places, I have done good and evil endings and neither continue on to go to those areas.

Please help!

Randy

I have the ultimate sith edition for pc, but all i can play is the basic force unleashed, I cant reach any of the ultimate sith edition areas. like hoth, coruscant,tattoine, why cant I reach these places, I have done good and evil endings and neither continue on to go to those areas.

Please help!

Randy

Go to the Campaign menu. The DLC stand as seperated campaigns. They were already there from the beginning. You didn't need to finish the game to play them.

I dont see a campaign menu, when i first go in there is resume, load, extras, etc..

resume loads from the last place I played, load doesnt have anything, also once your playing there is an option to load a level but they aren't listed there either. this is the pc version

thanks, that did it.

man i played them last night and they could have done a better job on them, the main story is 100% better than the extra levels.

i played hoth first, but your supose to do it like this:

Dark Side: tattoine then hoth

Light side: only coruscant

Wish they would have some how put it into the main story instead of having to do new game. like at the end of the main game if your evil your sent to tat, if good put the coruscant sometime before going to the last level.

thanks, that did it.

man i played them last night and they could have done a better job on them, the main story is 100% better than the extra levels.

i played hoth first, but your supose to do it like this:

Dark Side: tattoine then hoth

Light side: only coruscant

Wish they would have some how put it into the main story instead of having to do new game. like at the end of the main game if your evil your sent to tat, if good put the coruscant sometime before going to the last level.

Well hopefully will get to mod it like that and solve that problem,^^which is a good idea^^, and in other ways as well too. But so far, all I've heard is that we can only modify the skin textures. And they haven't released any mod tools for the game yet. I got feeling it's going to be like trying to mod Kotor, and will probably be on our own this time too, as far as trying to mod this game.

They're called "DLC" (only because they were "Downloadable content" in the console versions of TFU, before the Ultimate Sith Edition) but they're there from the beginning.

I suppose there isn't really a big problem being separated from the main campaign (and it gives people who have already gotten bored with the main game the option to go right into them). But I heard one of the missions should actually take place in the midst of the main game, is that true?

It would be neat to know which space that is. Do you have to re-earn any force powers that would otherwise ruin the illusion that it was one giant continuous campaign?

Btw, can you have multiple saved games in this one?

I'm guessing the Jedi Temple DLC is the one that can be played in the middle of the game. I played the Wii version and there were several Jedi Temple training levels throughout the main story so guessing it's sort of the equivalent of that. All the other DLC is based on the dark side ending of the game.

The mission that is seperate is the jedi temple,if im not mistaken it takes place after you go to raxus prime which is starkillers 2nd map,you have your powers but you are able to level up i was trapped in one particular area and was able to level up 6 times,before i found the way out.

and sadily at least i cant have multiple saves it would help because to see the dark ending i have to play the whole last level again,a friend who has the ps3 version told me he has the ability to have different multiple saves.

no multiple saved games but you can alt tab at certin points and backup the file and move it to another folder and do this for several points, but beware you may crash alot doing this.

Gee, that's annoying. Can you at least have multiple "player profiles"?

I hear that levels get "unlocked" as you go along and you can go back and replay them.

There's an unofficial "trainer" out there that supposedly has mid-level save. Maybe all it does is some automated version of copying the files and backing them up. Who knows.

I hear the only way to replay the "prelude" mission is to start a new game (does that erase your old one?).

Yes you can go back and replay missions and you have your power levels from the final level all intact,which i do like,all the combos unlocked and his stats at full levels.

the vader level ,yes the only way to replay it is to start a new game,and i dont really think it will affect the old one because its 2 seperate saves,although i havent done this myself.

With multiple "player profiles",you can create as many new games as you need,taking into account to play the jedi temple is a new game since its apart from the main game,i imagine its the same for the 2 other levels,im still in the middle of the jedi temple,but there are no player profiles as such,you pick a save slot and choose the difficulty and off you go.once you finish the main game you have to start a new game to play the jedi temple and so on.

The mission that is seperate is the jedi temple,if im not mistaken it takes place after you go to raxus prime which is starkillers 2nd map

I would say it takes place at the earliest after Cloud City. Kota gives you advice throughout the level, so he wouldn't be around immediately after Raxus Prime.

Before i applied the patch,i was going through the same thing the volume was set to max but it was still too low for my tastes,so i put on the subtitles ,to not miss anything important,after the patch the volume is fine now i took off the subtitles and im hearing everything now and im not at full max volume with the speakers.

Have you applied the patch?,it did clear up a lot of problems for me at least although i still get the occasional slowdown now and then,but its better the version out of the box.

They really should have done a better job with this game,but iam enjoying it really now.

Patched already. It seems to fix itself after a few minutes of play. I'm more concerned over this problem I have where at random intervals, the game will be working perfectly then on the odd occasion, freeze for a few moments then resume as normal only it lags a fair bit. This will go on until I quit and restart the program.

Yes thats the same problem i have,i might be playing for 2 hours and then do a jump and bam lag or what i call slowdown and the sound sputtering...the patch was suposed to fix this,but i guess not. Thats why i think they have to make another patch to fix that and the fact that most people remap the keys to their own setup,although at this point i really dont have a problem with the quick time events,in the begining it was hell for awhile.

Also why didnt the make the game more than 30fps,this should be higher,anyway the point being we both have the same problem ,JoesGuy.

Well with the control issue, I had no idea remapped keys don't change QTEs. Namely because I played using the default keys for a while then switched to a Logitech controller when the patch made it possible.

As for the freeze then constant lags, I'm somewhat relieved that this could very well be an issue with every copy of the game. At least now I won't have to reinstall and now instead we wait for a possible second patch. I'd say the first patch coming out a week after the game launched was quite fortuitous. Let's hope another patch comes out reasonably soon.

Yeah i hope they release another patch to fix the problems the first patch shouldve fixed,although its a bit of a bother to have the lag pop up and try to search out a save point to quit the game and reload it.

Yeah in the star destroyer i had remapped the keys and i got to a point where you grab it and it would not lower anymore because i was following the onscreen directions having forgot that i remapped the s key,that was dissapointing,the game does not reflect that,but like i said i see the onscreen directions and i already know the right key to hit not the one oncreen.

Im really hoping they do one.

Im tryng to get in touch with another lucasforums member,i wanted his viewpoint to the lag were getting and also to see if hes having the same problems we are.He hasnt gotten back to me yet.

Quickly checked out the support page at aspyr,its here in case you wanted to see it:http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=1

Theyve gone on thanksgiving holiday...so well have to wait till monday when they get back, i guess to send something over to aspyr,so i guess the bottom line for the moment is to wait. unless you want to do it now?

Joesguy i sent you a pm,check your inbox.

Archived