Home

Ultimate Sith Edition, problems with dlc's

randydg

I'll certainly consider it. Granted I'll be swamped with work till next Thursday (no Thanksgiving here unfortunately) but hopefully if I can get around to it, I'll open a ticket with Aspyr.

On different note, I went back to the 1.1 patch description. It seems this patch wasn't made to address this problem anyway, so I guess a 1.2 patch may be in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we know its possible to bring the game up to 60 fps,but will aspyr do it,and fix the host of other problems people are having with this port,the constant lag,the save issues,its funny to note that they cant recreate any of the problems so unless some small miracle happens i really dont think they will fix or patch the game anymore,which is very sad.

I have to wonder if lucasarts themselves had done the port would it have been this bad?

I mean almost 29 gigs of space...jeez.

Not necessarily. Battlefront had a similar cap, and it was removed, and ran just great on capable PCs.

An action game that plays at 60 fps is going to be smoother than 30 fps.

Well in the case of Battlefront, it wasn't nearly as sloppy a port. Force Unleashed has barely any controls for graphics or controller config. Less so than any port I've seen.

I understand what you mean, though I don't see much reason to tinker with it as the game runs brilliantly as is for me. If it would be beneficial to others, then I guess it might be something for Aspyr to look into. But there are a few more problematic things that need fixing first.

Yeah, but the thing is that uncapping the FPS would make the game run even better for YOU (and anyone else who already has it "running fine," potentially), because if your PC can handle the extra FPS, that means a smoother game, which means more fun, because with better framerate, you can aim more precisely, etc. This is a big thing for this game, because aiming is a huge part of gameplay as you look at objects to manipulate with the force, and so forth.

And if your PC would not be able to handle more than 30 fps, you could always stick with the cap. That's what I'm saying. So there's no reason to be against it, frankly, unless you think it will take away from any other fixes that need to be made.

My fear though is that they've already abandoned the game. Lately it seems like we get one patch, if that, and minimal fixes. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Well I do believe there are a few issues worth working on first. If a problem affects most players, it would seem wise to see to that problem first than worry about the capped frame rate when it doesn't trouble everyone. Food for thought all the same.

And I agree, we're not likely to see another patch. For my money though, I'll give up all hope after a year. Generally within a year's time a game is given up on.

Archived