Home

50 Years Overdue

Shem

I guess it is never too late to make things right:

http://lawactually.blogspot.com/2009/11/overdue-library-books-returned-50-years.html

A high school librarian in Phoenix says a former student at the school returned two overdue books checked out 51 years ago along with a $1,000 money order to cover the fines.

Camelback High School librarian Georgette Bordine says the two Audubon Society books checked out in 1959 and the money order were sent by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.

Bordine says the letter explained that the borrower's family moved to another state and the books were mistakenly packed.

The letter said the money order was to cover fines of 2 cents per day for each book. That would total about $745. The letter says the extra money was added in case the rates had changed.

Bordine says the money will buy more books, and the overdue books will be returned to the shelves.

And the news here is...?

Watch out peeps, it's Professor Walter Cronkite, and he's here to enforce his rigid journalistic standards upon the interforumz :thmbup1:

I still have some rare VHS vids I will never take back to the video library,...NEVER!!!!!!

*hides rare mint condition European Twin Peaks Pilot VHS*

mtfbwya

Watch out peeps, it's Professor Walter Cronkite, and he's here to enforce his rigid journalistic standards upon the interforumz :thmbup1:

I still have some rare VHS vids I will never take back to the video library,...NEVER!!!!!!

*hides rare mint condition European Twin Peaks Pilot VHS*

mtfbwya

Maybe you don't understand library culture but you shouldn't abuse the generosity of the system. You should never intentionally keep things which you have borrowed from your local, city, or university library beyond the due-date. You will deplete their stock, sap their resources, and hinder their ability to provide a good public service. The whole concept of the library is dependent on returning the items after you're done with them. If you don't use it properly the place will cease to exist. And when you need to use one of the absurdly expensive reference books, you'll have to pay the £130 to buy it, rather than borrowing it free of charge.

Archived