Home

Dark side transition (possible very very minor aesthetic spoiler?)

Feagildin

So, in Kotor, there was the one male head with a soul patch that grew sideburns and a goatee when dark side, and I thought it was pretty neat how Bioware included such an involved dark side appearance transformation. I'm now wondering if any of the TSL player heads have anything similar going on? I'm too lazy to download kse and check them all. In my defense, I have dial up. :eekanime:

• 4 months later...

I have a question, Why do they look like that? ... I mean we look at the movies and we see that the only change they have are their eyes, turning yellow. So why dose the Dark Side transition on K1 and TSL is different?

I have a question, Why do they look like that? ... I mean we look at the movies and we see that the only change they have are their eyes, turning yellow. So why dose the Dark Side transition on K1 and TSL is different?

Its something that is hard to reason, since some go for the idea of the KOTOR-era being one that the force is used enough that for dark-siders, it produces a visual display, changing the eyes, skin-tone and some other features(veins, etc).

Whereas in the Movie era, it isn't used very casually, so it isn't as obvious to either side(aside for certain visual clues, which are there for the audience to clearly define one's position/loyalty, etc, such as Maul, who clearly was not a 'Good Guy'. As well as most of his "markings" being tattoos rather than anything else).

Its something that is hard to reason, since some go for the idea of the KOTOR-era being one that the force is used enough that for dark-siders, it produces a visual display, changing the eyes, skin-tone and some other features(veins, etc).

Whereas in the Movie era, it isn't used very casually, so it isn't as obvious to either side(aside for certain visual clues, which are there for the audience to clearly define one's position/loyalty, etc, such as Maul, who clearly was not a 'Good Guy'. As well as most of his "markings" being tattoos rather than anything else).

Could make a case for Episode 3 where palpatine's face became old and very wrinkled (which is putting it nicely)...I don't know, I've heard that it changes because of two different things. One is the obvious one, where the lightning actually causes his deformation, and the other theory is that he was simply hiding his true appearance (the dark side appearance) in the first place until the time was right...

I really don't know to be quite honest, but I just thought I'd chime in lol

Could make a case for Episode 3 where palpatine's face became old and very wrinkled (which is putting it nicely)...I don't know, I've heard that it changes because of two different things. One is the obvious one, where the lightning actually causes his deformation, and the other theory is that he was simply hiding his true appearance (the dark side appearance) in the first place until the time was right...

I really don't know to be quite honest, but I just thought I'd chime in lol

He is pretty much the only movie character to have that sort of appearance, no matter which of the explanations is true. Vader's paleness in Ep6, is likely due to the extended period that his skin wasn't exposed to light, causing it to be as pale as it was.

Though as for the KOTOR games, it is possible that BioWare made the player heads along with some of the other Sith, as such in homage or reference to some Vampire movies, as some of them have had Vampires with random veins around certain parts of their skin, along with different sorts of eyes(though they kept to the "yellow" eyes, to fit with the universe). Which of course, being that K1 did it, Obsidian made the player heads in K2 the same way, even if they might not've known the reason BioWare did it(as at first they weren't even allowed to touch K1 in any way, until a certain point in development).

Archived