Home

Fire Barrons

Kairu Mizuno

OK so, I love Brutal Legend and all of Tim Schafer's games and now that I've thoroughly completed the campaign I've been playing online regularly and I've come across something that really frustrates me; Fire Barrons, well more specifically, their application. Whenever I play online I only battle Ironheade and from that point about 90% of the time I just end up fighting wave upon wave of Fire Barrons. Every match is the same; Eddie attacks me as I start building an army all the while my opponent it sitting on their fans until they can upgrade the stage, next they summon Barrons until the end of the game, no other units, no other upgrades, no other "strategy."

Don't get me wrong, I understand that people are bound to have favorite factions and tend to latch onto one in particular (I'm an avid Coil fan myself) but this is just ridiculous. It frustrates me to no end to see that the of the top ten players online 2 have actually used the Doom or Coil more than 5 times, TWO, and the trend only continues for all the higher up players. It could be because I have the Xbox version and all the Halo-obsessed masses are just too accustomed to the "guns blazing" strategy then to actually think of something clever. It's not like this is a hard thing to counter by any means, after killing my ten-thousandth Fire Barron I'd more than figured out how to laughably put and end to their assault, but I just don't like that I'm getting into a routine when I play now. I think this just bothers me because I truly love the genius of this game and, although I love seeing that thousands of people are playing this masterpiece, I feel that its being wasted on mindless players, which is why I bring my complaints here, where people actually care about the game and its lineage.

This probably isn't the best way to make an introduction on these forums - Hi by the way, I Kairu Mizuno - but I just want to see if anyone else is having this problem. Also I'd love to play anyone who doesn't use the aforementioned methods of stage-battling or who can show me that there are redeeming strategic points to it, either way my Xbox Live GameTag is Kairu Mizuno. As a final statement, please don't misunderstand me, I don't have issues with Ironheade, Fire Barrons or any other units really - or Halo for that matter - I'm just sick of the people I've fought up to now.

Archived