Home

Dad teaches his toddler to speak Klingon

Jae Onasi

What are the uses for knowing this language?

I answered that already.

Of course that skill is only useful in conventions and MAYBE an acting career... in Star Trek films.

Granted it is possible that if enough people learn the language, it it would be more useful. But then more people know Latin than Klingon, and more people in other countries know English than Klingon. So hopes of replacing as the language of the world with Klingon is less likely. I guess it could also be useful for holding a conversation with someone when you don't want others to know what you're saying too...

I think I'll teach my puppy commands in Klingon so that no one else can ever command him to do anything. Unless I'm at a Star Trek convention.

YOU JUST STOLED MY IDEA!!!!

On second thought, while my pit looks mean, she is too darned nice... If someone broke in she'd probably lick em to death haha... I am teaching her visual commands. Much better than verbal.

I think I'll teach my puppy commands in Klingon so that no one else can ever command him to do anything. Unless I'm at a Star Trek convention.

Neighbours will look at you when you shout *GRRRBLARKKKHHH!!!* at a small Labradoodle though. And when the dog proceeds to sit.

Actually, teaching your dog commands in another language isn't a bad idea. It's kind of like imprinting quail to follow you when you whistle a certain toon - nobody else can command them to do anything. Though that would suck if "Lassie Come Home" was turned into "Urgle Bark Nagh Mft Shurp" and your neighbors couldn't get her to come home and save you. Of course, neighbors who need a dog to save your life aren't exactly the best kind of people... (No offense to quadriplegics intended).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived