Home

Curse and Grim Panel Fitting Woes

Icebox

I have a laptop, originally Vista, converted to Windows XP. It has 1280x800 Resolution and is suitable for all my gaming needs. The problem is that when I try to run an Adventure Game of a similar resolution at full screen, it is panel fitted, so that the action all takes place in the center, surrounded by a large black mat. The game still works fine, but is shrunk and not run at the resolution it is generally supposed to. This is a problem with all my adventure games, but mostly affects Curse of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, because they are the most recent.

What I want to know is, is there a setting I can change to run these guys at true full screen, without panel fitting? Help would be much appreciated.

Go to the Intel configure screen (RMB at Desktop->Graphics Properties) - > Screen Settings -> Ratio Settings - You've got propably the 3rd option selected, so I recommend you to select "Keep Aspect Ratio" one.

I've translated names from Polish version, so they may look a bit different :)

Works only with graphic card driver instaled, so if you don't have it... install it :D

Archived