Home

Jedi players... Knight or Consular?

Jeff

To all you would-be Jedi out there, now that there are two Jedi classes will you select the Jedi Knight or the Jedi Consular?

I did not expect there to be two Jedi classes and pretty much since the beginning when they have said 'Jedi' I assumed there would only be one class, so when they announced the Jedi Knight I thought that was it and that was what I'd go with. Now I am not completely sure, but I imagine I'll stick with the Knight over the Consular (even though I played Consular the most in KotOR). I am liking the art style of the Consular though from those magazine scans. I'm looking forward to hearing how their stories will be different.

P.S. somebody should make this thread for the Sith classes. :p

I'm sitting on the fence here. I think I'd lean more towards Knight, but right now the Consular is so sketchy I'm not sure. I mean I remember KOTOR and being a Consular meant that I was severely handicapped on the final boss and was reduced to hack and slash anyways. So I've already got a bad taste in my mouth from the class name.

I guess this is their form of a D&D priest...which I'm not too thrilled about. Every good group will need one, but right now I'm not convinced. Mainly because I'm not so sure how these skills don't overlap with the Knight class already in the game who we've seen force pushing and such already.

Kinda weird though.

All the classes so far are named fairly simply with stuff like Warrior, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler. All basic. Then words like Consular and Inquisitor get dropped and they make me question just what I'm doing.

Well, you probably wont catch me playing as a Jedi class, but I'd like to answer this question any way assuming that I would play as a Jedi. And my definite answer is Knight. I've found now that I much more prefer a class focused on melee attacks, and strength. Not on studying the mysteries of the force. :dozey:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing healing and supporting classes since the beginning of World of Warcraft.

I thought I'd like to play Consular in keeping with that tradition, but at this point, I want something different. I want to deal damage to the Sith, and lots of it.

I'm hoping there will be a wide variety of lightsaber techniques that are each useful in different situations, making a tactically rich class to play.

If not, I'll be happy playing any of the other classes, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jedi Knight for me by default, but I'd lean toward the more force oriented advance branch of the Jedi Knight if there is one. What I do in my KOTOR 2 playthroughs is usually go Guardian for the basic DD feats then do Jedi Master prestige class. What I end up with is what I believe is a nice mix of the best of both worlds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived