Home

[NSW] Casting Call- Days of Fall: Call to Arms

JediMaster12

Welcome all potential RPers. This is to be the first in a series of RPs set in a non Star Wars universe.

Background: FedCON history basics

The Federal Coalition of Nations (FedCON) was formed after the first successful voyages to alien worlds. Their closest neighbors and allies were the Anatolian Consortium, a highly sophisticated race of beings knowledgeable in science and technology. Their expertise allowed the first fleets to be formed using quantum drives.

After meeting the Anatolians, FedCON scouts were launched to explore and discover. Among their new friends and allies were the Calaurians, the ever aloof Rokusians and Zabrana's of Iridia. Under the directive of exploration, FedCON forces moved to the Frontier, establishing colonies on the worlds.

FedCON forces grew establishing two main branches: Fleet and Mobile Army. Academies were established as in the days of West Point to train cadets into officers. Cadets went through three years of intense training. Selection into Fleet or Mobile Army is based upon scores from first year. Cadets are encouraged to participate in the annual games with the other Academies. Upon graduation, the new officers are given first assignments and embark upon their career.

Uniforms are specific given the rank. Cadets wear black pants with a black jacket with grey on the cuffs and neck. Once delected the jacket is black with the top half green for Mobile Army or navy blue for Fleet. Rank is distinguished by the number of silver bars on the neck collar, one for each year. Upon graduation and first assignments, the bars are exchanged for pips. Specific assignments have their own insignia (pilots have their wings). Instructors wear a similar uniforme but the top half of their jackets are crimson and they have gold bars denoting their rank.

Now that was the basics. For this RP, we are set at the beginning, the Academy years beginning in 2242. This particular Academy is located in Canada and accepts cadets from all over the world. In this Academy five friends will meet and go through the trials of becoming FedCON officers. There are five main characters and various minors that can be encountered.

Main Characters:

Name: Aruko Blackfern

Race: Half Cheyenne, Half Rokusian

Appearance: Brown eyes, dark hair with untidy locks, unique tattoo on forehead usually hidden by his hair; olive toned

Background: The son of a Rokusian father and Cheyenne mother, Aruko has a hard time fitting in places. Very intelligent and has the ability to make fleet. His strong athletic ability is impressive and hides his Rokusian talents of telekinetic and telepathic. He maintains a budding romantic relationship with Rani Provenza and is best friends with Ray Salazzar.

Name: Ray Hassan Salazaar

Race: Spanish Moor and Persian

Background: Became Aruko's best friend when they met onboard the transport. Special ability is in languages be they alien or human and has no desire to get into Fleet. He works hard on training field to keep his body in good shape and is a natural at boxing.

Name: Rani Provenza

Race: Mexican

Background: Not much one to speak about her family life, Rani has always dreamed of being a pilot mostly inspired by stories from her grandfather. She defied her father and applied to the Academy. Though cadets are suppose to be 18 upon entering an exception was made since her birthday came late in the year. She meets Aruko at the Academy and thus begins their relationship.

Name: Damien Holtz

Race: Caucasian

Background: A space junkie since he could walk, he applied the minute he became eighteen to the Academy. His childhood friend Irene joined him where they met up with Rani and became the Brain Trustof their year. He has preference for men which doesn't bother Irene.

Name: Irene Morales

Race: Afro-Mexican

Background: Daughter of a wealthy Texan businessman and prominent socialite, Irene never had the taste for the nightlife. She joined the Academy in an attempt to show that she wasn't a poor little rich girl. Her skills in math anddaring on speeder bikes give her the best chance of making fleet.

Those are the main characters. There are minor characters that take on the role of instructor and other cadets. Named minor characters are:

Krishna-Instructor, Major; Zabran

Devon Carson- cadet first year, enemy of Aruko (like Harry and Draco)

Dr. Leslie Andrews- renowned scientist specializing in biomechanics, Instructor

Dr. Jason Carter- Chief Medical Officer of the academy, Instructor

Windym Selek- CO of the Academy, Commandant or Colonel; Anatolian

This is a recruiting thread for any who are interested. I was going to assume the role of Aruko Blackfern. Any questions about species let me know.

Damien sounds interesting. Is he interested in any of the other main characters?

Edit: Did you honestly expect anyone else to go for the gay guy?

Not to mention the last time I checked, there was a rule against Homosexuality on this forum. You might expect a raised eyebrow from a mod scouting around this area.

To answer questions:

Alkonium: Initially I had no idea what Damien would be until I did a placement in the shoes trick and based upon Damien's craziness getting into space and his friendship with Irene, I came up with the fact that he was gay. I didn't come up with a love interest since I wanted people to be creative with the main characters as well. That is why I gave the basics of the characters.

As to anyone going for the gay guy, I had you in mind but I was willing to let anyone who wanted to to take the character. If no one wanted him, I was going to take him and in reality I'm as straight as they come.

CommanderQ and Ataris: You may create your characters but would you consider taking a minor character that is listed? After all you can take up to two for now. If you wish to have your own character, go right ahead but remember to indicate if they are student or instructor. If they are a student, give what year they are. Since we are military 2nd years outrank first years and third years outrank them both and the instructors run the show. Heck what I think would be fun is if there were a cadet who is like a military legacy but in the end ticks everyone off.

Have fun creating the characters.

I'll take Rani if noone minds. and, I'll make my own.

Name: Sam Williams

Race: Russian, German, Irish, English... The Epitome of what America is supposed to be. but, Caucasion and American for short.

Background: Sam grew up in the Bronx, a tough kid on the tough streets. He learned as he grew up, that if you help people, they'll like you a whole heck of a lot better than if you make them fear you. After his mother OD'd on some Crack variation, his father took him in. A Military man to the core (Corps?), he had him being trained for the Academy since the second week he had him. Finally, his father croaked as well, just a year ago. He lived to see him get accepted into the finest of the Academies, but died the next day, the streets of New York are rough.

Edit: He's a second year,

Commander Q: You can take Windym Selek. As an Anatolian, he takes a logical perspective of things but he is fair. Go ahead with your other character and post the sheet here.

Jedi Man: Okay so you have Rani and Sam. I just have a question, is Sam a first year? Please give a year for that character. The main characters are first years.

Mutant Mix: Which female character? Of the main ones, Irene is open and of course there is Leslie Andrews. You can even make up your own.

Name: Ariya (uh-rye-ah) Noctair D'valeh

Race: French/Greek

Year: 1

Appearance: Ariya stands 5'3 with a toned build and pale skin, very long black hair, and green eyes. Her preference for casual attire includes well fitted jeans, tank tops, and hoodies.

Background: Both her parents are diplomats for FedCon, both were officers in fleet and both expect her to follow in their footsteps. A lot of people expect her to always take up the mantle as leader, but she goofs off quite a bit and is always reprimanded for her witty remarks and sarcasm towards instructors.

And I'll play Irene. :D

• 1 month later...

Okay. All the main characters are set and as an added bonus, besides Aruko, I'll play Devon Carson and here is his bio:

Devon Carson:

Species: Anatolian

Appearance: Olive toned skin with ridges on his forehead that give a golden appearance. Short chestnut brown hair, brown eyes. Casual attire tends to be the best that money can buy.

Bio: From the Anatolian Consortium, Devon joins the Academy mostly out of an obligation to his father Lionel Carson a famous Admiral during one of the Frontier Colony sieges. A military legacy, Devon is used to people fawnign over him and expects people to be impressed with his father's credentials. He meets Aruko Blackfern and after an exchange of words, they become enemies that will last throughout their Academy years.

Okay. I'll set up the thread and we'll get started.

Im interested to join but I made up a character, is that okay, and is my character okay? If not I can always change the info

Name: Adrian Stauffenburg

Race: German, Scottish, Irish, French, Italian, a mix of bloodlines.

Year: Instructor

Appearance: Adrian is 5'11 tall, and is a Caucasian with short, clean cut, blond hair and a blue eye's. Usually wears a brown or black trench coat, black or brown dress pants and a fedora hat, unless it's warm out, which he just wears shorts and a t-shirt.

Background:

Born and raised in Berlin Germany until he was Twelve, his family moved to Washington D.C. when his father obtained multiple weapon's factory's in America, adding to his already large company. While there, he started to study his father's product's, mainly explosives, and eventually started to make his own explosives and weapon's which his father sold. The weapon's didn't sell well and were pulled off the market, but the explosives became popular and were more advanced then any more on the market, that any explosive you ever see was either started by Adrian or is related to a explosive he made. He did this all by when he was nineteen.

When he was twenty, he wrote a training manual called 'Adrian's guide to bombs, missile's, and anything else that can blow up!' This became another huge hit because of it's simplicity and was started to be used by multiple government's to teach anyone going into demolitions.

Due to his invention's, and his book, he was invited to teach at a military academy in D.C., which he accepted. After teaching for a year, he became bored and wanted to move to another country. When he got invited to teach explosives at a academy in Canada, he immediately packed his bag's and left. He has so far taught at the Academy in Canada for three years.

Name: Thorn Mal'Doran

Race: Rokusian

Appearance: Bright green eyes, swept black hair, bluish skin tone

Background: A natural talent, Thorn grew up on Earth before his parents died, crushing his unknowable past. Thorn's critical thinking and problem-solving skills have made him a tough opponent, but he is not as useful in a physical confrontation without any weapons.

A first year straight into the Academy, Thorn wanted to escape the racism he faced at home and needed a steady source of income. Joining the military seemed like a first step into a new life for him, and there he hopes to find some meaning and purpose for his life, along with finding friends of his own kind.

Archived