Home

Happy Thanksgiving!

LordOfTheFish

I've been split about this holiday on a personal level b/c I'm partially Native American myself, however I'll not rain on anyone else's parade.

It does no good to be angry about something you can't really change. There's no nation in the world today that wasn't more or less formed this way.

On the other hand, I guess for all it's been I am glad at least if my people had to be defeated by what was to become a country, that it was by what came to be America of today. So at that I wish my fellow Americans Happy ThanksGiving for what it's worth. Hope you all eat well. I hope you'll have a good one.

It does no good to be angry about something you can't really change. There's no nation in the world today that wasn't more or less formed this way.

On the other hand, I guess for all it's been I am glad at least if my people had to be defeated by what was to become a country, that it was by what came to be America of today. So at that I wish my fellow Americans Happy ThanksGiving for what it's worth. Hope you all eat well. I hope you'll have a good one.

Yeah, I see Thanksgiving as more as both a thanks for being around, but also a sort of look back at what it took.

Sure, we took the Native's land and killed like 200 million of them, but we can't really change that fact. No use being ticked off at that, just as its pointless to guilty trip over slavery and other events we can't change, as you said.

Think of it more as a study in history and how we -probably- shouldn't try to repeat it. We don't have to guilt trip, but we should very much study it and view not only how it changed the world, but how events like that can be treated differently in the future.

But, lets be honest... Nobody really cares about that. We wait for thanksgiving every year as an excuse to eat a ton :p

I still think Buffalo Wings need to be considered part of the thanksgiving dinner worldwide.

:D

just as its pointless to guilty trip over slavery and other events we can't change, as you said.

Bad Avery, as long as slavery exist, we can (try pathetically because no one cares to) change it.

But, lets be honest... Nobody really cares about that. We wait for thanksgiving every year as an excuse to eat a ton:p

Christmas works sort of the same way in Norway (atheistic christmas: because the food is too good and the children too greedy).

Anyway happy thanksgiving, the only day americans stuff themselves with real food instead of junkfood:xp:

I still think Buffalo Wings need to be considered part of the thanksgiving dinner worldwide.

Mmm, Buffalo Wings....

But yes!

I am running a few miles today so I won't gain as much unfab flab today from turkey.

God, I totally agree with you. I'd much rather have ham or buffalo wing than turkey any day.

I've always figured that Thanksgiving is really a Native American appreciation day. It was long before we took their lands and was a time when we were friends with the locals. So making it a guilt-fest is just wrong. Should we not give thanks to the Native Americans on this day? I mean that's what this day was about.

Well that and loading ourselves with lots of food and having a good day.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, glazed sweet potatoes, marshmallow salad, corn casserole, Red Lobster-style biscuits, and pumpkin pie, all being made by me tomorrow for our own family feast. We went to my dad's today, and with 24 people eating, there are never any leftovers, so I have to make my own. :D

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, glazed sweet potatoes, marshmallow salad, corn casserole, Red Lobster-style biscuits, and pumpkin pie, all being made by me tomorrow for our own family feast. We went to my dad's today, and with 24 people eating, there are never any leftovers, so I have to make my own. :D

*mapquests Jae's house*

hmmm can't make it by the time the food's ready.

Archived