Home

New Star Wars Game - December 12

Alexrd

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with platform-specific content, too. ps3 consumers get a new lightsaber hilt, 360 consumers get a tan cloak for obi-wan instead of a brown cloak, and pc consumers get support for mice and an interactive menu to adjust graphics settings

Lawl bawlz.

Gotta be something clone wars related. It feels as though a million of our voices cried out for something worth playing again, but were suddenly silenced...

Gotta be something clone wars related.

I don't think so. Not just for the type of footage they showed (which was from more "mature" SW games) but also because of what the narrator says. I really bet for a new Jedi Knight or something OT related.

Fingers crossed it has 'Jedi Knight' in the title. (yeah right, wishfull thinking)
I could get behind that... though my dream is really that it will have 'X-Wing' somewhere in the title, instead.

*Sigh*

Not counting on either one coming true, though...

Instead, we'll probably get an update of "Super Bombad Racing" or "Yoda Stories." :dozey:

Although my money is on a Battlefront III or a TFU 2, I'm quite uninterested in the concept of either, particularly the latter. Let's face it: There hasn't been anything "new" out of LucasArts in the Star Wars realm that was of any substantial quality. As much as I'd love a TIE Fighter successor or a KotOR III, that would only be treading previous ground. Ergo, LucasArts needs to effectively produce and develop a new game of high-calibre before they whet our collective appetites for a franchise reboot.

According to Mark Griskey's twitter, he's working on the music for whatever this game is and he already has developed a "Theme" for it. I don't think Battlefront ever needed its own "theme", so I imagine its going to be a game that takes place outside of the movies. So that might rule out the possibility of it being BFIII... (But knowing its Mark Griskey doing the music, it might be either KotOR III or TFU2, or something completely new)

Since they mentioned watching the original trilogy 200 times, I'm betting that it'll be for their hardcore fans.

As in they'll start selling girlfriends.

Hardcore fans are the ones they can sell girlfriends.

Oh I do hope they are customizable. I need someone to occasionally hold my Watermelon flavored Arizona and to flip the bird to unwelcome intruders. Maye use a ultrabright burning laser (on this page http://amazing1.com/laser_pointers.htm) to light some of my pyro on new years...

My money is on a new game using the TFU engine. Perhaps, Force Unleashed 2?

Unless its plot is based on the "infinities" comics, I really don't see where else it could go. Though I'd still dig on a TFU2.

Although my money is on a Battlefront III or a TFU 2, I'm quite uninterested in the concept of either, particularly the latter. Let's face it: There hasn't been anything "new" out of LucasArts in the Star Wars realm that was of any substantial quality. As much as I'd love a TIE Fighter successor or a KotOR III, that would only be treading previous ground. Ergo, LucasArts needs to effectively produce and develop a new game of high-calibre before they whet our collective appetites for a franchise reboot.

Maybe a prequel into the KOTOR games? (Or I finally get my wish for a GTA-esque-or-better based SW title.[/wishful thinking])

<snip> (But knowing its Mark Griskey doing the music, it might be either KotOR III or TFU2, or something completely new)

I would say that unless Kotor3 has been in secret development by obsidian and is about to hit us in the jaw with a knockout punch, that is highly unlikely. Though I have wondered if L.A. behind the scenes hasn't given an OK to obsidian to finish KOTOR 2 as they had intended. Afterall, the modding scene in Holowan has grown and lived, so it's hard not to notice as a potential competitor for story content.

Maybe I'm alone on this but one of the reasons I'm looking at this so negatively is that it's kinda lame to announce that you're going to announce something before you announce it. I can't help but expect a disappointment at the end of it. I just hope I'm wrong.

Isn't that normal?

Not for most of the more memorable announcements I can recall. I guess it's hard now days to really surprise people when everything gets leaked through the internet. Even if it is normal though, I still think it's lame. I guess I've just been burned so many times with these pre-announcements, with all the disappointing viral marketing and such. I tend to associate it with creating artificial hype as a way of over-compensating for a less than exciting announcement. Though maybe I just think that because I prefer to be caught off-guard when it comes to that sort of thing. *shrug*

Archived