Home

New Star Wars Game - December 12

Alexrd

Now that I think of it, I think its going to be a completely new series. I don't know, it just seems logical now that it will be something actually ORIGINAL. Now that ladies and gentlemen, would be exciting.

Anything that doesn't have to do with the prequel trilogy, and I'll be better off.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half-Life 2's announcement was a total surprise and was announced 4 months before its (original) release date. The best announcements are total surprises. Given that this is on Spike TV, I'm going to go with either:

1) Force Unleashed Sequel

2) Battlefront Sequel

3) New IP from the Star Wars universe (console only since Lucasarts is abandoning the consumer base that made it a viable company in the first place :()

^^^Re. 3: Yeah, don't you just hate that? But Ce' la vie, they are a company afterall and unfortunately need to go for money eventually.

Still I wish it would have been maybe a bit farther down the continuum in our favor of profit vs fan appeal before milking the money cow. Some say with the Ewoks in ROTJ, that was Uncle George's first pull in this direction. *shrug*

Star Wars: DARTH BANE!

A game based on that? Hell **** yes. That would be cool. I'd hella play that.

Speaking of Darth Bane: in 2 days will be the release of Drew Karpyshyn's third and final installment to the Darth Bane novel series. In case any of you out there didn't know already.

If the little preview morsel at the end of the recent 501st novel was any indication, there will be an obscene and awesome amount of blood, pain, and mayhem. I have many questions waiting to be answered.

I only hope Bane's death isn't some ridiculous, pitiful one.

Anything that doesn't have to do with the prequel trilogy, and I'll be better off.

Or Clone Wars. That era's been done to death, and I didn't like it to begin with.

Star Wars: DARTH BANE!

That could potentially rock.

Las Vegas just posted its odds:

1:2 - Something Clone Wars and meant for lil' basta-children.

1:4 - Something unrelated to the movies in any way but name.

1:10 - Battlefield

1:15 - TFU 2

1:50 - Commando

1:100 - Something Cock of Doody-ish

1:150 - KotOR 3

1:300 - JK4

1:1000 - New X-Wing/TIE Fighter game.

Give your money to me for bets and I'll see that they are...uh...invested.

It's obvious we don't know too much about it for now, but 'internally developed' and 'Activision' make me nervous.

Maybe they'll surprise us by doing something really great, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Activision always publishes LucasArts games in Europe and Asia, it will probably be both developed and published by LucasArts in North America.

Looking forward to learning more, hopefully it is something that people can get excited about.

Archived