Home

Final Fantasy X question (definitely spoilers here)

Endorenna

The other day, I found Final Fantasy X in a used bookstore. I've heard some good things about the entire Final Fantasy series, so I picked it up.

This is probably a really dumb question.

As I said in the title:

SPOILERS!

I just picked up Rikku (for the second time, right before Seymour proposes to Yuna). Rikku and Tidus were having the little discussion about whether Yuna will say yes or not. The three answer options were:

-I don't care.

-I (something about not wanting Yuna to marry Seymour).

-I'd much rather be with you, Rikku.

I ended up choosing the second option, since the thought or Yuna marrying Seymour is kinda gross, but I've been wondering--does the third option change the story later down the line?

PS: Please don't tell me what the story is (since this is my first playthrough), just whether it changes according to the options. Thanks! :)

To be honest, so do I. But by (Jap RPGs) default, Tidus must be 19 (or maybe not, you'll see later on, along the plot) and Rikku is still underage on FFX. XP

Argh. She would be. -_-

She does look underage--but of course, I also thought Yuna was 12-13, not 17. (You can see why I was pretty shocked when Seymour proposed. :lol:)

To be honest, I found both Rikku & Yuna both a tad annoying. Lulu was my personal fave amongst the ladies of FFX.

Same here, but I like her enough that I wouldn't ever, ever wish Tidus on her. :lol: (Tidus, Yuna, and Wakka...I really won't mind it if they all die in the end. -_-)

Although I suspect if Tidus tried to follow through on trying his charms on Lulu she would have slapped him harder than the Emerald Weapon in FFVII.

Nah...more likely she'd just fry him. :lol:

Conversation choices in Final Fantasy games (JRPGs) are nothing like conversation choices in KotOR/TSL/etc. (WRPGs). Plot wise they usually affect absolutely nothing, the most they may do is effect the reward for certain quests and things of that nature. Obviously there are some exceptions (read: SMT games) but for the most part, that's how JRPGs work XD.

Conversation choices in Final Fantasy games (JRPGs) are nothing like conversation choices in KotOR/TSL/etc. (WRPGs). Plot wise they usually affect absolutely nothing, the most they may do is effect the reward for certain quests and things of that nature. Obviously there are some exceptions (read: SMT games) but for the most part, that's how JRPGs work XD.

I was beginning to suspect that about twenty hours into the game. :lol:

PS: Another stupid question to add to my list of stupid questions. What does the J in JRPG stand for?

Oh.

Well, that makes sense. :p

At least I won't have to play through the game eight times to get the whole story. :lol:

lol, no. 0% replay value in FFX. FFX-2 has some replay value (since certain decisions made in the game DO affect the game percentage/end movie, etc. If you want replay value in an RPG on the PS2, try Star Ocean: TtEoT. A ton of different endings based on characters in the party/relationships, etc, whole dungeons you can't even access till you replay... gotta replay that puppy about 4 times bare minimum to see almost everything.

lol, no. 0% replay value in FFX. FFX-2 has some replay value (since certain decisions made in the game DO affect the game percentage/end movie, etc. If you want replay value in an RPG on the PS2, try Star Ocean: TtEoT. A ton of different endings based on characters in the party/relationships, etc, whole dungeons you can't even access till you replay... gotta replay that puppy about 4 times bare minimum to see almost everything.

Mmm...I don't really care what platform my games are on, unless they're tactical RPGs. (I prefer those on PC--unfortunately, my computer is so outdated that it can't run any of the newer ones. :lol:)

There is one good thing about Final Fantasy X not having very good replay value. I won't have to go down Hell Road again. (Y'know, when you go from the blitzball tournament to whatever the next temple is--with no save points for three or four long game segments full of creatures that hit annoyingly hard...)

There is one good thing about Final Fantasy X not having very good replay value. I won't have to go down Hell Road again. (Y'know, when you go from the blitzball tournament to whatever the next temple is--with no save points for three or four long game segments full of creatures that hit annoyingly hard...)

You know, I actually played FFX twice, to get all the story nuances, plus beat all the secret and optional bosses. The only real incentive you have to replay it is to get all the Al Bhed Primers. Then you can actually understand what they're saying since the beggining.

You know, I actually played FFX twice, to get all the story nuances, plus beat all the secret and optional bosses. The only real incentive you have to replay it is to get all the Al Bhed Primers. Then you can actually understand what they're saying since the beggining.

Ah, there is that...I may have to go through it again after all. :lol:

Blitzball is perhaps the funnest mini-game in the entirety of the FF series. I still have a save file specifically for playing BB. As far as replaying FF games go, yeah I don't really do that mostly because of time with a FF game doing all the optional sidequest stuff extends the game well beyond the 100 hour mark. I could probably get 4 maybe 5 playthrough's of KotOR in 100 hours.

Blitzball is perhaps the funnest mini-game in the entirety of the FF series. I still have a save file specifically for playing BB.

I'll ignore the gay font coloring. :thmbup1:

At any rate, I've had some fun with it too. But I got bored after some longass championships. Did it just to get Wakka's special weapon.

I don't care for blitzball, meself. To me, it was just an annoying part of the game I had to get through. :lol:

If I ever play through it again, I'll probably spend some time on blitzball, just to get that weapon for Wakka. On this playthrough, I don't really care about Wakka, 'cuz Lulu, Yuna, Auron, Tidus, Rikku, the blue wolf guy...wow, everyone's more useful than Wakka. :lol:

Now I just have to figure out what's going on with the wolf guy's leveling...I seem to have run into the other characters' leveling areas, so I'm afraid that if I keep leveling him, I'll take away from skills the other characters are supposed to have. (sigh)

More than one character can use the same node in the grid. So you don't have to worry about taking skills from other characters. And the good thing about Wakka is his final overdrive. It hits 12 times if I recall correctly. 12 hits at 99,999 damage makes him pretty useful.

Also, when choosing Yuna, Lulu or Rikku in a dialog option, it adds points to their "affection level." I think the only thing that changes is who throws the ball to Tidus in his Blitz Ace overdrive.

Oh, good, I can level Kim again. :p He only has twenty or thirty levels available. :lol:

I make a point of using every character in my battles so I get them all leveled--after all, I never know when I'll be stuck with two characters. >_< So, I guess Wakka should get all the skills he's supposed to get. I just don't want to spend a bunch of money or time acquiring a weapon for him. ;)

If I ever play through it again, I'll probably spend some time on blitzball, just to get that weapon for Wakka. On this playthrough, I don't really care about Wakka, 'cuz Lulu, Yuna, Auron, Tidus, Rikku, the blue wolf guy...wow, everyone's more useful than Wakka. :lol:

Wakka gets super useful later on, though. He has a ranged attack, so flying critters aren't a nuisance to hit for him. He also gets a bulldozer in no time, inflicting a lot of damage if you play your cards rights.

As for Kimahri (the wolf guy), I thought his Jack-of-all-trades path was pretty useless.

Archived