Home

Swkotor.ini help!

Istorian

Hey! First of all, it's good to see all of you guys again! :thmbup1: I missed you!

Now, I recently reinstalled Kotor to play BOS:SR..When the installation finished, I went to my swkotor.ini file o make the right adjustments..And here is my swkotor.ini file:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
[sound Options]

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=100

Force Software=0

EAX=3

Disable Sound=0

Number 3D Voices=16

Number 2D Voices=24

Environment Effects Level=0.60

2D3D Bias=1.50

Environment Effects=1

[Game Options]

GUIsInScreenShot=1

EnableScreenShot=1

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=33

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

Enable Tooltips=1

Difficulty Level=1

TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000

Memory Access=1

Memory Level=1

EnableCheats=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie 0=0

Movie 1=0

Movie 2=0

Movie 3=0

Movie 4=0

Movie 5=0

Movie 6=0

Movie 7=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 9=0

Movie10=0

[Alias]

HD0=.\

OVERRIDE=.\Override

TEMP=.\Temp

MODULES=.\Modules

LOGS=.\Logs

LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault

DMVAULT=.\DMVault

SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault

STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic

TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient

SAVES=.\saves

CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame

TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks

STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]

AllowWindowedMode=1

V-Sync=0

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=1

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=2

Emitters=1

Grass=1

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=1

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

[Autopause Options]

Mine Sighted=1

End Of Combat Round=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

The problem is, that all the changes I have made to the swkotor.ini file don't apply in-game. For example, I don't run in windowed mode, though I should, and I can't use cheats, etc. What could cause this problem? Thanks for the attention!

• 1 month later...

Do you have it entered as "EnableCheats=1" or "Enable Cheats=1"?

While we're on the subject of the swkotor.ini file, is there any way to force the game to run the .bnk videos at 1024x768 using edits to this? I'm running KOTOR and TSL on a laptop with ATI Mobility 9000 graphics, and it still plays all the cutscenes in (I think) 640x480. From what I've heard and read on these forums and others, however, I feel fortunate that I got it to run on my laptop at all. (Dell Latitude D600, ATI Mobility Radeon 32MB video, 1GB DDR RAM, 1.6GHz Pentium M processor. It originally came with a 1.4GHz Pentium M, but I swapped it out for a processor out of an old HP laptop...about the only thing out of the HP that still worked!)

Well, in Kotor 1, you'll see a small ">" appear. If not, maybe you don't hit the right key.

I noticed that depending on your keyboard configuration, said "~" will vary. Not sure what exactly you should do to get it to work on the 1st time, because there are so many keyboards out there, however I'll tell you this: depending on what country you are, the keyboards appearance may vary. Likewise, you might have a keyboard configuration that do not have the tilde(or you do, but it doesn't work with kotor). Then, you might want to change your keyboard config just for your playtrough with kotor. Play around and it's bound to work. I think I was able to make it work when I used the English-USA keyboard config.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved for me. It appears I had two swkotor.ini files, one hidden the main directory, thus I couldn't see it, and one in the Compatibility folder. I suddenly had the idea to Cut and Paste the file in the Compatibility folder to the desktop, and the hidden one pops up in the main directory. I run Kotor, and everything's alright now! Thanks, anyway for all the support, guys! :D

P.S. RH, I'm deeply sorry for the wrong post. Thanks for the move! ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi.

Recently I've installed SW KOTOR for the 4th time(every time I've played my older bother uninstalled the game, saves and all, the bastard).

But now I've want to play it with cheats, I've tried to change the swkotor.ini but don't do anything.

Now I saw the last comment that Istorian made, and he talks about some hidden file in the Compatibility folder, but I'm playin in windows xp, and I can't find that folder.:\

Any tips that could help me?:D

Thanks

Archived