Home

Crash on Peragus at Turbolift

kamikazees

I just installed TSL again after several years absence. It played great for about 45 minutes, but now I'm stuck on Peragus at the Turbolift elevator that takes you to the fuel depot. When I enter the elevator, the game crashes to the loading screen. The loading screen is not responsive. I seem to remember this being a known crash, but I can't remember the solution. Help?

I tried loading an earlier save. Same thing happened, dumped to loading screen on transition. I haven't transitioned to another area and gone back yet, though. I'll try that.

I also tried a clean install (kept my save) with no mods. It still dumped me to the loading screen. Updated to 1.0b and tried again. Dumped again. Then the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 fix. Nope. So then I installed the Prologue/Peragus/Harbinger mod. Still dumped.

Right now I'm going through playing again. Maybe I have a corrupted save or something. The other thing I haven't tried yet is rolling back my drivers, since I use an 8600GT. No idea why it would play fine with those drivers up until that point, though, but that's a last resort.

Do you have a multi-core CPU? If you do, then you're going to want to set affinity every time you start the game:

After starting the game, press Ctrl-Shift-Esc to bring up the task manager. Right-click "Knights of the Old Republic" under the applications list and select "Go to process." Right click on the highlighted process (probably something like (sw)kotor.exe) and select "Set Affinity..." In the dialog box that comes up, deselect all but one core. Then return to the game and see what happens ^/_\^

Just remember that you'll need to do this every time you start the game.

With that 8600GT, I would keep that "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" fix if I were you. You shouldn't have to roll back your drivers as long as you use that. :)

With that being said, starting over may be your only option. At least you hadn't gotten too far.

Archived