Home

It Begins (A Twilight Story)

True_Avery

It...

Has Begun...

33f4akx.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilight-Examiner~y2009m4d2-Twilight-series-spawns-religion-Edward-Cullen-is-real-members-should-read-the-books-like-a-Bible

http://www.twifans.com/group/cullenism

Cullenism. The worship of the book Twilight, and the worship of the Cullen family as real beings walking among us. Within the less serious worshipers of Cullenism, it is merely a spiritual journey to be taken alongside Christianity.

"Christianity has grown exponentially from it's beginnings, it has reached many people all over the world... There are ignorant people out there who don't take the liberty in trying to find the true meaning behind their worship, but then there are people who find the meaning and enjoy it within themselves... Twilight has reached a point like this... Cullenism is growing."

These Cullenists believe "[j]ust like any other religion," that there is some spirituality to be had in the Twilight series, forming rules and principles upon which to base their tenets. Their creed, say the Cullenists, includes a base set of beliefs that "Edward and the rest of the Twilight characters are real," that "[t]he Twilight series should be worshipped," and that "f you are good in life, you will be bless[ed] with eternity with the Cullens." Other than that, say the Cullenists, there "is not a limit to what you can believe in when it comes to the Cullenism religion . . . we will accept any other Cullenism beliefs you may have." Cullenists are also expected to read some of the books on a daily basis, "like the Bible" and make a pilgrimage to Forks.

TwiChurch will be held every Sunday at 8pm PST/ 9pm MST/ 11pmEst

Isn't... isn't it beautiful? To witness the birth of a religion... truly the greatest experience one can receive in life...

And before anyone knocks these wise people, remember: It isn't right to speak ill of other people's faith as it cannot be proven nor unproven. All beliefs are as valid as the next. It is, after all, impossible to (dis)prove a negative :)

NOTE: The above statement is simply is place to prevent this thread from going to Kavars for any reason. It is not meant to attack anyone's beliefs, but to simply to try make a level playing field for discussion. If you have a problem with the thought behind it, then take it to Kavars.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cullenism. The worship of the book Twilight, and the worship of the Cullen family as real beings walking among us. Within the less serious worshipers of Cullenism, it is merely a spiritual journey to be taken alongside Christianity.

"Christianity has grown exponentially from it's beginnings, it has reached many people all over the world... There are ignorant people out there who don't take the liberty in trying to find the true meaning behind their worship, but then there are people who find the meaning and enjoy it within themselves... Twilight has reached a point like this... Cullenism is growing."

"Cullenistic Christianity".

merciless.jpg

BuckPlankman.jpg

horst_laughs.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Just when I thought no one could make us look any more insane and idiotic than the fundamentalists. This is why we need more crusades. Nobody would have stood for this kind of **** back in the day. This goes beyond mere heresy. This is a universal blasphemy. An offense to reality itself.

:barf:

You have got to be f***ing kidding me. I honestly thought I had heard it all. But this one takes the freaking cake.. Thats it I'm moving to a desert to become a hermit like Ben Kenobi.. Somebody call me when Twilight as been banned

:ugh:

Going to follow the example of that hokey religion's spiritual master, are you? :p

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

While Darth hates it, I don't think Palpatine minds.

But srsly, I think this religion is friggin' hilarious, seeing as it actually CAN be dis-proved.

Just take them on a behind-the-scenes tour and to meet the actors and watch their mind's implode.

3409374554_5384c6d94b.jpg

crap, man. just... crap.

ah well. i'm not a fanatic, this doesn't really affect me. But there is something.. I can just imagine the crap flying around in Christian circles about this. Not that there wasn't anything already, but thats just the usual "new ip is of the devil" spiel. This is something else.

Hearing about this resurrects the feeling that i had when i first heard about 'twimoms': sad. just... sorrowful. Its tainting my twilight experience.. corrupting what was fun. I don't know how much more of this i can take.

I am suddenly *very* relieved that no one IRL knows that ive seen/read twilight.

Lolwut?

Kay, my first Ever: Quadruple Smash Bros. Facepalm:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
82470.jpg

Uhh, Jesus did it??? Yes? No? Maybe?

facepalm_statue.jpg

Uhh, no.

[/thread]

QFEW. Just when I thought this couldn't get more ridiculous...Another reason why I'm losing my liking for religion. Oh, another facepalm for ya:

double-facepalm.jpg

I think this religion is friggin' hilarious, seeing as it actually CAN be dis-proved.

Just take them on a behind-the-scenes tour and to meet the actors and watch their mind's implode.

It can't be disproved anymore than any other religion, made to look ridicolus, yes, disproven, no.

remember: It isn't right to speak ill of other people's faith as it cannot be proven nor unproven. All beliefs are as valid as the next. It is, after all, impossible to (dis)prove a negative

That argument _might_ fly if the author hadn't clearly listed these books as fiction when publishing them. Therefore, 'cullenism' is entirely false, not to mention beyond stupid.

Besides, if one needs to 'worship' a male body, it should be Orlando Bloom or one of my other cabana boys!

Archived