Home

Making Force Push, Force whirlwind and Force Wave individual force powers?

Codiey

Hey there. Sorry to request this but I don't know how to mod Knights of the Old Republic. The mod I'm requesting is to make the 3 levels of force push individual..what I mean is to make it so you have the ability to use Force Push on an enemy while still being able to use Force whirlwind on someone else.

Example: I'm fighting 2 Dark Jedi. I use Force Push on one of them. Then I select Force Whirlwind on the other one.

Like instead of Force wave and Force whirlwind being levels to Force push. Make them individual. So we can have more diversity when it comes to force telekinesis. Like is the actual series.

• 3 years later...

Now normally I would not rez a 3 year old topic. But I am the original poster of this topic. A while ago my computer was wiped of all it's contents, including the mod I requested from Star Admiral. So I was just wondering if someone could create a file that I requested in the past please? I would ask Star Admiral if he would kindly re-upload his, however, he seems to be no longer visiting this site.

So I ask of you kind people, would anyone please, make a file that makes Force Push, Force Whirlwind and Force Wave completely separate? A file for both Kotor and TSL would be great.

And, as a side request, would someone please do the same for the force lightning abilities? If not then I would understand completely, that isn't as important as the previous request.

Again I sincerely apologize for necroing my topic. I just figured that since it is mine it would not matter so much.

• 2 weeks later...

If he cant do then surely there has to be SOMEONE who can do it. I think I may have figured it out. You must change the 'pip' value of all the powers u want to use to the same number. But dont take my word on that yet. I need to test it.

Yeah, Star Admiral was our "Yoda" of force powers. However, VarsityPuppet might be able to help you on how to do this, as he made a mod about Force Powers and knows his way around when it comes to modding this game. Maybe you could ask him?

I haven't modded in a while, but I did make some force powers a while back and could try to take a look; just to make sure I understand, instead of progressing from one power to the next in the chain, you just want them to be three separate powers, yes?

EDIT: Sent you a PM with a link to a modified spells.2da file to test out

I haven't modded in a while, but I did make some force powers a while back and could try to take a look; just to make sure I understand, instead of progressing from one power to the next in the chain, you just want them to be three separate powers, yes?

That is correct. For both the force lightning chain and the force "push" chain. For both TSL and kotor if you could please.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

Oh, okay; well the one I sent you was just for the push chain for TSL; if it works I can probly expand it

Mind sending me one for kotor actually? I do not have tsl installed anymore but was planning on installing it soon to play revenge of revan.

Sorry for the hassle.

No worries; looks like i have it working now for the push chain in TSL =) should be basically the same thing for the lightning chain, then I can try K1

Two things:

1. Thanks for doing this. I want to and have tried in the past, but it screwed everything up...

2. I like the first half of your sig. :) Always makes me smile to see that line in-game. :D

Great work!

Or something like that ha...Thanks!

Two things:

1. Thanks for doing this. I want to and have tried in the past, but it screwed everything up...

2. I like the first half of your sig. :) Always makes me smile to see that line in-game. :D

My pleasure. So far though I've been struggling more with the TSLPatcher than with any other part of this process. Either it or Kotor Tool is not cooperating... assuming that doesn't take me too long to get past, and that K1 powers work much the same way (in this area), then I should have it done within a few days. I suppose that, worst-case scenario, I could just do it all manually and give out the modified 2da file.

And thanks ha; I was considering spicing up my sig, but that quote can probly still stay.

Hey can I get that too? I've been wanting a mod like this for a long time :)

Shore =) assuming I get it all working correctly

So far though I've been struggling more with the TSLPatcher than with any other part of this process. Either it or Kotor Tool is not cooperating...

Apparently, Windows 7 and it's security measures are what's messing with me...

Archived