Home

Making Force Push, Force whirlwind and Force Wave individual force powers?

Codiey

Shore =) assuming I get it all working correctly

Apparently, Windows 7 and it's security measures are what's messing with me...

I have gotten KoToR working perfectly with Windows 7, no crashes, no fps drops

, nothing. If theres anything I can do to help Ill help however I can.

If the security measures are a problem then take a look at this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/637986-nexus-mod-manager-is-not-working/?p=5034989

Perhaps that was the solution I should have tried first, as it seems to have done the trick, thanks.

If anyone wants to test it out for TSL (with the force push and shock chains affected), you should be able to download it by clicking here. Lemme know how it goes.

Now, on to K1 I suppose.

EDIT: Also, that Windows 7 solution also seemed to fix the cheats not working in my game =)

Perhaps that was the solution I should have tried first, as it seems to have done the trick, thanks.

If anyone wants to test it out for TSL (with the force push and shock chains affected), you should be able to download it by clicking here. Lemme know how it goes.

Now, on to K1 I suppose.

EDIT: Also, that Windows 7 solution also seemed to fix the cheats not working in my game =)

Glad to see it worked, and thanks for all your hard work.

Now, on to K1 I suppose.

Your awesome :) How exactly did you do it? Also this does allow you to use both the lower versions of a power and the higher versions at the same time yes? Like being able to force push and force wave at any time.

Glad to see it worked, and thanks for all your hard work.

My pleasure, I've enjoyed modding again =)

Your awesome :) How exactly did you do it? Also this does allow you to use both the lower versions of a power and the higher versions at the same time yes? Like being able to force push and force wave at any time.

Mostly, I changed the prerequisites, forcepriority, pips, and forcehostile areas in the higher up powers in the two chains so that they don't reference any other power or imply that they're supposed to be in a chain (more specifically, to "****", 0, 1, and a high, otherwise unused number, respectively).

And yes, you can select the powers separately in combat.

Also, I got it working in K1 more or less, but with a rather awkward side effect; more info here

Hopefully it'll get worked out soon =) all credit from any of my work goes to Christ =)

EDIT: Also: ramnozack, do you want any other powers unchained besides the two sets? And for K1 or Tsl (or both)?

EDIT2: Woops, probly located the issue, my bad guys haha; should be a pretty simple fix if that's the only problem (I didn't change which version of the spells.2da file to insert into the override and edit, so it was still inserting the TSL one)

My pleasure, I've enjoyed modding again =)

Mostly, I changed the prerequisites, forcepriority, pips, and forcehostile areas in the higher up powers in the two chains so that they don't reference any other power or imply that they're supposed to be in a chain (more specifically, to "****", 0, 1, and a high, otherwise unused number, respectively).

And yes, you can select the powers separately in combat.

Also, I got it working in K1 more or less, but with a rather awkward side effect; more info here

Hopefully it'll get worked out soon =) all credit from any of my work goes to Christ =)

EDIT: Also: ramnozack, do you want any other powers unchained besides the two sets? And for K1 or Tsl (or both)?

EDIT2: Woops, probly located the issue, my bad guys haha; should be a pretty simple fix if that's the only problem (I didn't change which version of the spells.2da file to insert into the override and edit, so it was still inserting the TSL one)

Those 2 are the ones i really want, but I will try this on drain life branch/tree/whatever to see if I can get it to work myself. I swear I remember doing this back in the day years ago but for the life of me I couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks alot for helping me and Codiey with this. Resurrecting 4 year old threads FTW.

Those 2 are the ones i really want, but I will try this on drain life branch/tree/whatever to see if I can get it to work myself. I swear I remember doing this back in the day years ago but for the life of me I couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks alot for helping me and Codiey with this. Resurrecting 4 year old threads FTW.

You're welcome =) should have the file ready for download for K1 shortly; random quesiton: what is the default root folder for K1 called? (For TSL it seems to be "SWKotOR2", but my root folder for K1 is "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic", which doesn't necessarily seem normal to me.

EDIT: Here you go, this one should work with K1 =) lemme know if you need any help with the other stuff, I'd be happy to do so.

You're welcome =) should have the file ready for download for K1 shortly; random quesiton: what is the default root folder for K1 called? (For TSL it seems to be "SWKotOR2", but my root folder for K1 is "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic", which doesn't necessarily seem normal to me.

EDIT: Here you go, this one should work with K1 =) lemme know if you need any help with the other stuff, I'd be happy to do so.

It works perfectly! Thank you very much man!

Also I know this is a bit off topic..but my characters appearance is changed. Like revans robes are now his default appearance and even if he takes them off or changes to another piece of armor he is still wearing revans robes. Do you know how to fix that?

EDIT: NVM i fixed it

• 2 weeks later...
I must say I like this mod a lot.

Gives the user more force powers to choose from

Thanks, glad you like it.

Would anyone be interested in this being applied to more force powers? I was thinking it would theoretically be pretty easy to make a version for each of the (hostile) sets individually, so the user could pick whichever sets he wanted unchained.

This chain of force powers seems to me like the only one where it made logical sense to unchain them since all three powers are more or less different from one another. Force Push and Force Wave are pretty similar, whereas Force Whirlwind is altogether different.

All the other force powers have a natural progression in their current chained state IMO.

This chain of force powers seems to me like the only one where it made logical sense to unchain them since all three powers are more or less different from one another. Force Push and Force Wave are pretty similar, whereas Force Whirlwind is altogether different.

All the other force powers have a natural progression in their current chained state IMO.

Makes sense; I have to admit I'm not very well versed in all the different force powers

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived