Home

Carbonite Modders Project Thread

Trench

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...IDEA! Let's make a jawa for the mod! If someone can please send me the yoda texture (he has one without the hologram right?) then I can make him all jawa-ey and Hockey can probably find a hood..

PM so I can tell you my e-mail address.

The Yoda model in the game has a head and body texture. I like the Jawa idea, but I don't see how we could do it.

Watched it just the other day :D Was that Gamma who made the transparent rangefinder texture? It looks REALLY good! (How'd he do that?

And why didn't we use the E-Web animations instead of the wookie turret ones?

No, that wasn't me, but I do like it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the amazing people at Carbonite Modders are creating....... wait for it! A machinima! dun dun dun. Not only will this be exciting for us - it will (hopefully) contain your favourite ARC troopers, Alpha Squad, voiced by the same people who played them in the mod. We are almost finished on act 2 (thanks to our newest member Michronicle's amazing screenplay dialogue). I am not going to release any more details at the moment, but expect us to release more details of this very soon. Feel free to comment on your opinion for this, or even give us some ideas for the future(although our current idea is fived, when I am able to release more details on this I will, then you could help us with our current project).

RC_3556, Carbonite Modders

Could someone please transplant it here, I'd do it myself, but I'm writing a Personal Statement for my college application while doing English homework so I'm a little pressed for time.

I'll do it.

No fancy military header today, folks.

Today (well, at least for the people in the U.S.) is Veterans' Day. And while lately, the U.S.A. seems to have created a policy of barging into unpopular wars, CM is still a largely United States based group (with exception of a few members who are in the UK and FranzScotland who could be from anywhere). Therefore, I will be putting on a brief show of some military related Easter Eggs. Enjoy.

picture.php?albumid=398&pictureid=6601

Look sir, Commandos!

picture.php?albumid=398&pictureid=6614

Comes with syrup!

picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6842

Kal'buir

clonetroopern7.png

Shepard?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

In continuance with today's rather visual theme, I've decided to provide examples of some of the various allies you'll run into early on into the game.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
clonetroopersargentclea.pngclonetrooperltclean.pngclonetroopercaptainclea.pngclonetroopercommanderpr.pngclonecommandoyellow.pngclonecommandosargent.pngclonecommandored.pngclonecommandopurple.pngclonecommandoorange.pngclonecommandogreen.pngclonecommandocobalt.pngclonecommandocyan.pngclonecommandoblue.pngclonecommandobrown.pngclonecommandoblackorang.pngclonecommandoblack.png

These chaps represent about 1/100th of the total skins we've created. Here's a little teaser of some of the 'Phase 1.5' clones.

clonemedic.png

MEDIC!

clonerebel.png

You are a rebel spy and a traitor!

Forum on forum action

Hockey recently requested that I create a forum signature for him, and, since it contains that American Commando Hockey made awhile back and since today's Veterans' Day...

hockeysig.png

You may use her on any forum you frequent. That's all for today, folks. See-ya soon!

• 2 weeks later...

A Q and A for our anxious fans.

Q: With the latest beta coming out 'very soon' can we expect a Christmas release?

A: Well, it should be released Christmas day, unless there's some kind of file upload problem or something.

Q: What have you added in this beta?

A: New skins and particle effects, courtesy by Ulmont.

Q: Does the multiplayer now work?

A: We haven't changed multiplayer at all yet, so probably no.

Q: Can we expect any big plot twists?

A: In this release? No. In the final release? Definitely.

Q: Have you got any other new releases planned?

A: We don't have any new releases planned currently, apart from this one.

Q: Do you need any more members with expertise?

A: Yes. Voice actors and animators, mainly.

Q: How can I join Carbonite Modders?

A: Create an account on LucasForums (Lucasforums.com) and go to this link (Lucasforums.com) and follow the instructions.

Q: Who are the members of Carbonite Modders?

A: Currently, we have 25 members total, and around 13 have been active.

Q: Where can I track your progress?

A: Ulmont and a couple others have been posting updates here. (Moddb.com)

Forgive me for the double-post, but another trailer just went live.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

The Environment looks a little bland. The textures are repetitive, and there's aren't too many objects lying around to add variety (boulders and such).

It is shaping up to be a very nice mod though, so keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Holidays!

Since tomorrow is Christmas (at least for people who celebrate it, [assuming this goes through the system before tomorrow]) and, in true spirit I have come down with some sort of flu (for the fourth year an a row [i'm getting better though]), I decided to write up a little Christmas-eve update! Alas, I cannot give you some sweet background hand-painted by me (I'm terrible at any sort of hand-drawn art anyways), since I only though to write this update about oh... well, five minutes ago to be honest. Now you must be thinking, oh god he's rambling, how much of this garbage do I have to scroll through? Well, its the Holiday season, dammit, so I'm entitled to ramble, that said, I'll cut straight to the point and spare you my semi-crazy spew of tosh (did I mention that I have some sort of flu).

The Beta For the Beta

Yes, I know that we said we'd release the beta at Christmas (well, officially we didn't, but we sort of hinted at it), and I also know that we (and be we, I mean I) said that we couldn't make the deadline, and that we'd release some sort of weapons pack for Christmas with the beta following in mid-January. BUT, we had a stroke of genius/procrastination! Instead of a weapons-pack, we decided to release the Prologue of the beta (which has one playable level), as a Holiday gift. It should go live Dec. 25, 2010, unless Hockey goofs like he did last year. (Hockey, PLEASE make the deadline this year... please...)

Take A Picture It'll last Longer...

Ok, so after looking at some detailed statistics, our images section is vastly more popular than any other section of this website. Getting about double the hits of the main page. So, taking that into account, I've devised a little system to cash in on this. I call it: badgering the community to take screenshots of the Beta! If, for example, you take some sort of amazing picture of the beta (or use your elite hacker skills to make forge one), you can post a link in the comments, and if we like it we'll put in in the image ticker. We might even hand out candy, but no promises. One thing we will hopefully hand out is some additional Holiday content.

Seeya 'round!

-Ulmont

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulmont

Forgive me for the double-post, but another trailer just went live.

YouTube Video

The Environment looks a little bland. The textures are repetitive, and there's aren't too many objects lying around to add variety (boulders and such).

It is shaping up to be a very nice mod though, so keep up the good work.

we are working on adding variety to the maps as we speak.

here is a new concept that i am testing

[youtube=hd]

Archived