Home

Carbonite Modders Project Thread

Trench

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for another update!

For all of you non-modders out there, here's a quick looks at the "design" process we use...

(To keep overly plot critical details hidden, I'll place [REDACTED] tags in some of these)

Commander Dimal: [REDACTED DIALOGUE SCENE] Even about 1 or 2 years after the Clone Wars the storm troopers still used Phase II armor, but it was all white.

Hockey: stormie:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=398&pictureid=7032

Ulmont: Can you modify it so its the Kashyyyk trooper from TFU? EX:

Show spoiler
stormtrooper.png

Hockey: Nice stormy armor! Mind if I nab it?

Mandalorian Mercenary: Sweet stormie! D'ya think we could..polish up his armor though? I've never seen a dirty stormtrooper :p

Hooper: Same Here :)

Ulmont: Yeah, I'm just using the base clone trooper out of convenience, I'll switch over to the Pristine one when it's finished.

Ulmont:

Show spoiler
stormtrooper.png

Ulmont: Final Version.

Show spoiler
stormtrooper.png

That's pretty much how we do things. (Only without ommited dialogue, and stretched out over a few threads). And yes, this will make an appearance in-game. Easter Egg? Bonus Level? Multiplayer Armor? Bonus Feature? Stay tuned, you'll find soon. (And by soon, I mean either in another update, or when the game is available for download) :thmbup1:

We DO need some volunteers to do voice-overs for certain characters ingame. (Not sure who, ask Hockey, Ulmont, etc. for details)

Please PM me as well. I'm pretty good at audio editing, so I think I'll self-appoint myself as "voice editor".

In other news, I am going to work on and finish the Ven'vul and Jai skins I said I would make.

Yet another CM WWFLI update. I have finished the Ven'vul and Jai skins.

Ven'vul:

Show spoiler
Hockey's original

picture.php?albumid=651&pictureid=7082

My version

picture.php?albumid=651&pictureid=7081

Jai:

Show spoiler
Hockey's original

picture.php?albumid=651&pictureid=7080

My version

picture.php?albumid=651&pictureid=7079

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting way to far down the list for my comfort. Time for another update! ^_^

titlescreenhero.png

That is the new title screen for the Mod, the result of a couple searches of 'Geonosis' and 'Clone Trooper Bust' on Google and about 10 hours in Photoshop and After Effects. Anyhoo, mod's coming along nicely, we've got around four or so levels in the second planet done.

Meet the Squad:

Show spoiler
echosquad.png

Nope, they're not main characters, and they don't make a huge appearance, they're just one of many, many, many 'semi-ambient' AI. You'll see 'em in the background in a level or two preforming tasks like... helping you out and... being incapacitated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personnel Roster Update

Team leaders:

Hockey

Ulmont

Story Development:

Commander Dimal

Ulmont

Skinners:

Balkoth

Demongo

Frazscotland

Gamma097

Hockey

Jai'galaar Bralor

N-5/Prudii

Mandalorian Mercenary

Mappers:

Hockey

Ulmont

Media/Public Relations:

RC #38

Jai'galaar Bralor

N-5/Prudii

Music/Sound Design:

Ulmont

Balkoth

Supporting Members:

Beanlord56

Hooper

K1lingdr3ad

Rinku

80Vogliadiscoparty

JKM29

Te Darasuum Mandalor

Mandalore the Shadow

Jaicer

Voice Actors:

Jai: Mandalorian Mercenary

Razor: Hooper

Flare: Jaicer

Ven'vul: Balkoth

Advisor: Hockey

Gunship Pilot: Ulmont

Clone Troopers: JKM29

Battle Droids: JKM29

Multiplayer Voices: Hockey

If you're a part of the team, and aren't on that list, or are slated under the wrong category, let me know. I'll fix it.

We're not dead.

• 3 weeks later...

GRAND ARMY PR-TRANSMISSION 08-0024D

Encryption Code: Hotel-Bravo-Delta

Public Key: file /November-two-ten/

To: >> GAR Logistics

Subject: Field Supplies

Classification: None

/start file/

Let me start off by extending my congratulations to Revan_Malak for receiving the first ever Veteran Fan Artist badge over at LFN (I know, that probably has no meaning to any of you, but still...). That said, you can expect the revised revised Jabiim trailer sometime late this week, or early next week. Hockey says its lookin' great. I got to see a sneak-peak a little while ago, so I'll give you a short run-down.

Changes... changed:

* The turret that was firing away in the origional trailer is gone, so you'll actually be able to hear the audio dialogue.

* The troopers now all have separate death animations

* A short Adviser briefing has been added

* Jai speaks

* The pilot is comprehensible

* And a couple other which I won't spoil for you.

Updated Battledroid:

Hockey sent me this preview of the new battledroid today, he says he's not finished with it yet (the arms/legs still need work). We're currently going to showcase this little fella on Geonosis, and possibly other levels that call for a pristine-looking B1. Never fear, you will get to see Security, Pilot, and Commander skins of this guy, as well as beat-up versions of each.

picture.php?albumid=398&pictureid=7430

Expendables Are Us

Welcome to the Team!

Since our previous update we've had a couple of new additions to the team. I'd like to personally extend my welcome to Michonicle and RC-355, the former is a Skinner/Mapper, the latter a sort of strange, shadowy PR type member who I have yet to speak to... Remember, we're still taking walk-in but you MUST have, or create, an account at LucasForums. The application forum can be found here, courtesy of Mird'ika. Right now we're desperate for anyone with Mapping Experience in UnrealEd, so if you've got the skills and the know-how, head on over. My door's always open, unless its closed, but metaphorically its open.

That's about it for today's update. (Kudos to Balkoth for writing one over the weekend. I've been extremely busy and didn't have the time to write one till now). See 'ya soon!

/end file/

Archived