Home

The TSL butchering--who is irked and why?

Darth Avlectus

^^^Watch the TOR timelines videos. The part about the master and the apprentice that went to Sadow's tomb. It'll make your skin crawl.

It was not that old when I wrote it...

Yeah, yeah. :dev9:

Might have been that the Sith Emperor had come across another old Rakattan computer with functional databanks that told of what the Star Forge was(the Infinite Empire stretched across the Galaxy). Then sent Revan and Malak to find it. There's no telling WHY he would not have sought it out for himself, but knowing that it drained the power of the user could have been the motivating factor. From what I read, Sith do not like to give up power.

That would be the simplest and most likely way. Time will only tell, though.

It would had to have held history including the plague and how the rakatans were no longer capable of breeding force sensitives.

He could have deduced that the reason for that was due to the use of the star forge. This is what I always thought given all the hints in K1, Bastila's holocron recording in K2 (revan darkside scenario). Which makes sense, really.

Otherwise we're back to an overconfident idiot of an ancient emperor trusting lackeys. However, if the call of these sith for Revan was the call of home, well.....who knows?

BTW I don't think Sadow ever uncovered the Star Forge.

I see Kreia's contradiction for what it was: "revan met no sith empire" but in the next breath telling the Exile "the sith is a belief and it rules elsewhere" was merely her attempting to lure Exile in Revan's direction one last time. She lied in half truths, but she had to have known more that she let on considering jedi and sith hold some of their secrets to the grave (I.E. Zez Kai Ell not breaking his silence, Nor Kavar...though Vrook Lamar was just being a stubborn old arse). She knew how to hide herself from jedi, even masters...Jedi and Sith both probably all knew how to wipe and reprogram (and who knows what else) the minds of others. Sith and Jedi knew how to morph themselves appearance-wise as well. All I'm getting at is that any number of things may be the case and we have knowledge of their means. So I guess my initial upset was unfounded.

We will see in time.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, an other think that seems to ignore TSL, are the Mandalorians. In TSL Mandalore supposedly unite the Mandalorians, under Revan's orders, to help the republic against the Siths, and in Tor, the mandalorians are united with the Siths, I know 300 years have passed, but well, The Ordo's clan, who help against Nihilus etc, etc, would have keep some idéologies of Mandalore, and would have become allies of the Siths just like this.

Bah, the only reason the Mandalorians would fight the Sith is because they are "worthy opponents" and the Republic was in the crapper as of TSL, and therefore not worthy enough to attack (Clan Ordo was pretty small by then, anyway). They'd just as soon fight the Republic as the Sith.

Well, in the last war, the Sith would have been a greater opponent, stronger that the Republic, so... and The clan Ordo was small, but as Canderous is called "Mandalore the Preserver" then the future mandalorians, come from the Ordo's clan, and if Canderous was preparing them to help the republic against the Siths, it makes no sense, that they help the Siths.

Except that they don't care who they fight as long as who they fight is "honorable" to fight... Which is very subjective likely meaningless considering how many civilian populations were destroyed by the Mandalorians for the fun of it in the previous war.

Except that the Mandalorian have a strange and HUGE "sense of Honor", so if there is something they care about is loyalty, if the clan Ordo by "Mandalore The Preserver" learn them some degree of loyalty towards the republic, they wouldn't betray it.

So it does ignore a little bit the fact that Canderous was uniting the mandalorian clans, to help the republic.

Except that the Mandalorian have a strange and HUGE "sense of Honor", so if there is something they care about is loyalty, if the clan Ordo by "Mandalore The Preserver" learn them some degree of loyalty towards the republic, they wouldn't betray it.

Hows Mandalore loyal to the Republic? He's not and from the mess that is the Proton Cores on the Ravager, they Mando's were upto something shady there. Regardless all Canderous promised Revan was to rebuild the clans, he didn't promise anything with regards loyalty to the Republic.

Mandalorian "honour" is also a huge joke, the Mandalorians aren't honourable in the sense of what the word actually means, you could just as easily say Mandalorian Pride or Mandalorian Folly and haven a much more realistic statement of their "honour" system.

So it does ignore a little bit the fact that Canderous was uniting the mandalorian clans, to help the republic.

He was told to unite the Mandalorian Clans, he wasn't told to help the Republic... Just strengthen the clans...

Well that's what we know about what he told him to do. But if Revan leaves to try to stop the siths, it's obvious that if he ask Canderous to unite the clans, is to help the Republic, and I doubt Canderous didn't get it.

And as I said, it's a strange kind of honor, but as canderous showed us, he is kind of cruel, etc, but he's the kind to never break a promise, for example, if he's on your team, when you kill the dragon Krayt on Tattoine, if you kill komad, and get his pearl, Canderous would say he's disappointed, of something like this, because you had a deal, and you broke it.

Considering this is 3 centuries later, Ordo's desires are now a part of history and have gone by the wayside so far as relevance, especially considering the sith are suspected to have infiltrated the Mandalorians' ranks by this point and using the mandos as puppets.

Facts:

They had allied with Exar Kun's sith and received "the short end of the stick" so to speak (bad deal).

It had not originally been their idea to attack the republic in the first place, they were rather manipulated/bribed/in some way convinced to do it. By the dromud kaas sith who then sealed themselves away.

Revan set Ordo to unite the mando clans and restore their honor.

Mandos aren't particularly happy with the republic after Revan's departure. Though they wouldn't ally with the sith either.

==============

So far as honor, best we can glean from Canderous was that it was battling and warring with strong enemies. By the emergence of the sith 300 years after Revan, Canderous Ordo is long dead, the Republic has been at peace and had been recovering. It's understandable the mandalorians would get a little stir crazy. Unaware of sith infiltrations, the mandos could be persuaded relatively easy once their leadership and power structure had been usurped. Though I get the tugging sensation that not all of the mandalorians were blind to what was going on; some were indifferent, some liked the idea despite it being historically foolhardy, others didn't like it. A good chunk of TOR's story will probably be about the split and ensuing infighting of the mandalorians.

This premise does set up the tone for why, so many years down the line, mandalorians are disliked by the republic. Though those who remain and follow the code of honor, doubtless that of Canderous Ordo's, still have that honor.

Archived