Home

RUMOR: Star Wars Legends?

Nedak

****, I thought you people were lying. So soon after the special edition of the first one? I didn't expect this... But what does this have to do with a game called "Legends"?

Well, we still don't know about this Star Wars: Legends thing, so its still up in the air if its a good thing/bad thing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we'll soon have to divert this topic to another thread, but I have only three things to say in regards to this TFU 2 business:

(1) I estimate a 58% chance that this sequel will tell a non-canon storyline, like the special edition of the first one, in order to avoid invalidation of/conflicts with continuity established by the first one.

(2) Even though I didn't play any version of the first game (the novel was good enough for me), and therefore don't let whether a game is bad or not affect my opinion of the story, I hope that this game will not have the same engine as the first one; with any luck, LucasArts will be showing us that this series is capable of evolving (unlike the Battlefront series).

(3) Holy ****, 2010? They're outta their mother****in' minds.

The ratings down here for vidya goes as follows...

G

PG

M

MA15+

Go a bit lower and the ratings in NZ are very similar, even with the same name for the department.

G

PG

M

R13

R15

R16

R18

I was quite surprised when i found out that Aus has nothing above M15 in the LucasCast.

Is it illegal for someone to bring stuff (games, movies) over from NZ to Aus if its over MA15+? (such as L4D2 got R18 in NZ) and In the 'cast Gonk mentioned he got L4D2 legally, iirc...

Most stuff is shipped to Aus and NZ together, and peering under the NZ rating stickers, i can see the Australian ratings printed directly on the covers on most things.

Mass Effect got an R13 rating here in NZ. Im holding my breath for ME2... AOFLC gave it MA15+, i'm hoping NZOFLC follows suit and gives it an R15 or an R16. If its R18, there'll be no hope of me getting it anytime soon. And i'm ready to get the collector's edition... :ohdear:

TFU2 eh? I intend on getting USE for PC, so i don't really mind this.

But for AOFLC to refuse it? Wow... thats crazy. (The original link said something about it, but where was it said, exactly?) What could they possibly have in TFU that makes it beyond M? (actual dismemberment?)

Im thinking what they need to do is make the vanilla game fine and dandy with no dismemberment, but make it toggleable through dev settings like JO and JA. Also something like g_corpseremovaltime would be neat. Not that im bloodthirsty or anything. Its just interesting is all. I like turning it off on ladder levels, where you face 100+ or so enemies.

My opinion on sex in SW:

Meh. Some M-rated games are okay (I don't care for rivers of blood, but a little amputation with lightsabers would be okay--especially since lightsabers and blaster wounds don't bleed. ) I just don't want a bunch of sex in Star Wars games. In the books (the ones that I've read), it's implied, sure, but not shown. The most I've seen of Han and Leia's post-marriage relationship has been a) waking up in the same bed in the middle of the night and having a discussion, b) reference to them sleeping together the night before she leaves to go somewhere, and c) they have kids, so duh. Even in Han's younger days, his physical relationships with his girlfriends are kept in the 'implied' area.

The main reason I don't want to have one M-rated Star Wars game is this: if they make one that's rated for dismemberment, why not make another game, this one rated M for sexual content/themes?

Hope that made sense. :lol:

^that.

Well they could have a star wars M rated game with no sex or visual violence. I mean SWG was risking an M rating for drug use. Spice... That's the reason that the game no longer has craftable spice(well it DOES still have crafting schematics, but its extremely rare now). They removed it to avoid an M rating. That's also another reason that smugglers still have nothing to smuggle.

@ L.A.: .....I am at a loss for words on you people but I think Dath would sum up my thoughts and feelings towards you right now:

go ******** a goat

I have no doubt we'll see Maris Brood again. Who knows? Maybe even a one-handed Mace Windu looking really scuffed up and old voiced by his holiness as Samuel "BMF" Jackson whose only saving grace there would be a scene mimicking almost exactly that one apartment part of Pulp Ficiton. Because I'm pretty much saying what, and saying what again.

jules.jpg

Meantime, I gotta go make a deposit that I'll hopefully never get a return on.

Just making the point Lynk that censorship of games sometimes involves content which is lacking rather than content which is present.

An M or MA game doesn't necessarily have any particularly explicit content, but concerns conservatives for other reasons, such as an absent plot which rewards only mindless fantasy violence. I guess parents don't want their younger kids to start pushing their sisters down stairs with a giggle trying to emulate gaming idols.

Also supernatural horror is a high censorship rating (reason why VtM:B is rated MA here), so any of that bumps a censorship rating without necessarily any gore or bad language.

Just saying the Star Wars Legends game might be pretty vanilla and still get a high censorship rating for other reasons. Instead of Star Wars with gore, it's far more likely just poorly developed with no plot, pure hack and slash in an MMO but no more visually explicit than Kotor. Or it has sithie-demonic possession.

I mean game developers might've decided to depict realistic limb removal and (generally bloodless) high gore, heads flying off and torso's seared in half by lightsabres, but then they'd intentionally restrict the bulk of the target market with this and I just can't see it. I think the high censorship of MA was gained inadvertantly and is probably more a comment on the quality of the game.

The first TFU wasn't all that bad. It had some bad points, but was on the whole enjoyable. Hopefully they'll have learnt from the mistakes in the first TFU, and this one might be great. Although i'm not going to get my hopes up on this.

lol no they aren't they're gonna repackage the old one around a new storyline and up the poly count of the models and maybe make everything a lil bit shinier the whole point of them making a tfu sequel is that the first one made a bunch of money haha :parrot:

i shoulda seen that coming,star wars games that sell well always come in twos with the second generally a bit worst.

jo>ja

Well aside from that you didn't like TSL, that post is all wrong. For one thing Jedi Outcast is the third game in the series, so that doesn't fit. For another thing I can't even think of another series other than KOTOR and Rebel Assault that had 2 games let alone top sellers. Maybe Episode I: Racer, but the second one wasn't a top seller.

Anyhow, I'd be jazzed if this rumor about Battlefront III is true.

LOL, no.

yes, yes. the story was deep etc but the fact remains: TSL's story is unfinished and the game itself is buggy as hell. Its sort of like a mentally handicapped person. It's not their fault they're mentally handicapped, it's their mother's (LucasArts') fault for standing near the microwave and smoking during pregnancy.

We all love TSL, but its sort of an "aw, poor handicapped kid" love. We can only play with it and glare murderous glances at the irresponsible LucasArts because we know all of this could have been fully prevented.

Meanwhile TSL's all-star jock older brother goes to win almost every award in the book.

Its cruel, but it just is.

@ vanir: Actually, I've found that games with a plot are seen as more taboo than games without a plot and just have mindless violence.

Example:

House of the Dead: Overkill... the game which uses the f word the most out of every video game ever made, has some pretty gory violence and some extremely sick and twisted things in it. The game doesn't have much of a plot aside from bang, bang, hot chick with big tits, zombie heads exploding, b horror movie madness from back in the mid to late 20th century. It's all pretty mindless... and fun XD ...oh and incest.

On the other hand, you have Grand Theft Auto, a game with a plot but by comparison is pretty damn tame compared to HotD: Overkill.

What conservatives seem to be worry about the most is the intent of the violence rather than if the game has violent content or not. It's kinda the same thing if you compare Halo with GTA as well actually if you want to compare what could be considered equally popular games.

But in the end, I don't think there's anything really shocking about Legends getting an M since that's what Star Wars games have been getting down here pretty regularly for a long time now... aside from maybe flight/vehicle based games and the LEGO ones.

Archived