Home

Pokemon Teaches Your Children To Worship Satan

BongoBob

*sigh*

I'm a Christian who played/watched Pokeman (and the far superior Digimon *hides*) when I was a kid and I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons regularly since I was in the 8th grade, and this makes me very ashamed for some of those who claim to share my religious beliefs and feel the need to shove their diluted thinking down other people's throats.

Wha? Ok that's new. Pokemon teaches your children to worship satan. Lawl. And I suppose that the next dip in the recession means:

California is going to be under chinese control, Alaska will be part of Russia once again, and Mexico will own Texas because the dip will mean just total chaotic anarchy. Riiiiight. >_<

I'm all for freedom of speech about this sort of thing so long as I get to have a fair rebuttle against it when it's pointed in my direction. Granted I never actually cared for pokemon enough to pay it 5 minutes attention. But damn.

@ MrWally: Tis ok, Digi is nothing to be ashamed of. Saw that cartoon along side Monster Rancher and Mega Man some years back. Boredom, lol.

*sigh*

I'm a Christian who played/watched Pokeman (and the far superior Digimon *hides*) when I was a kid and I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons regularly since I was in the 8th grade, and this makes me very ashamed for some of those who claim to share my religious beliefs and feel the need to shove their diluted thinking down other people's throats.

QFE

I'm Christian and I'm glad my very Christian parents are not like this. My mom loves Harry Potter. :p

I do wonder if there aren't maybe different contexts and meanings to that passage. But if there is one thing most of us can't stand it's someone else talking for us with their interpretation.

@ Timeframe issue: Like I said, didn't pay it the time of day back then. News to me now, though.

Same stuff being said of all the Saints Row, GTA, and similar right now: "They teach children to commit crime, then go carjacking and pick up hookers."

Personally, I find it rather droll what critics say.

I do wonder if there aren't maybe different contexts and meanings to that passage. But if there is one thing most of us can't stand it's someone else talking for us with their interpretation.

This is a joke, right?

... right?

Or did I miss something?

Hah, I like how his connection were that:

Masters of Pokemon = Masters of Spirits = Masters of Spirits in the "Dark Realm" = The channeling of the Power of Spirits from the "Dark Realm" = Basically the whole idea of Witchcraft = Super Natural Abilities and Psychic Phenomena = Satanic Powers = Child Stabbings = Senseless Killing = Inability to tell reality from fiction = Russian Roulette = People can't be saved because of their inability to tell reality from fiction = Rock Music = Cable Programming = Hollywood = The Internet

Pokemon = The Internet.

The connections are all so obvious now.

i loved pokemon as a kid. until my parents banned me from it for reasons like this. it then happened with every other cool cartoon i watched. digimon, cardcaptors, yugioh... everything.

thankfully, now i can watch basically anything, including (*gasp*) pokemon. but i cant be stuffed bothering with it now.

but this thing has left me with a strange liking for the anime style. its probably *because* i was banned from it so much. ive never really read/watched any anime, but find the style somewhat appealing. *shrug*. Stolen water is sweet, i suppose. (even after you don't have to steal it)

Archived