Home

Character customization

ehdrmfka

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was very disappointed with one fixed character in FU, this time they should make a character customization system where you could choose sex at least.

anyone agree?

It wouldn't go very well in TFU since the first game already shows the main character as a male. However, it would nice to be able to customize his clothes/armor, etc.

Well, I know you are more talking about appearance, but at least you could customize your force powers and lightsaber, as well as pick which outfit he wore. I thought that was pretty good customization for an action game. Since it's Starkiller again, I wouldn't expect much more than that.

as well as pick which outfit he wore. I thought that was pretty good customization for an action game.

True...though I don't know about everyone else but I found it pretty annoying to have one in-game costume and then a completely different costume and sabre colour in cut-scenes at times. Yes, I understand that it was likely tied to cut-scene quality, but still.

If there was to be one customisation fix, that's probably the one I'd most want to see. I really love games that make it all more immersive by allowing the creation of a unique character, but I agree that it probably wouldn't work so well in the more linear TFU format.

True...though I don't know about everyone else but I found it pretty annoying to have one in-game costume and then a completely different costume and sabre colour in cut-scenes at times.

I too always found that annoying and stupid. I hope that they fix that this time.

I'm not too bothered about changing the appearance all that much. I thought Assassin's Creed II handled the customisation pretty well - that you could choose your armour and the colour of your outfit, but it's not something i'd miss if it wasn't there.

True...though I don't know about everyone else but I found it pretty annoying to have one in-game costume and then a completely different costume and sabre colour in cut-scenes at times. Yes, I understand that it was likely tied to cut-scene quality, but still.

If there was to be one customisation fix, that's probably the one I'd most want to see. I really love games that make it all more immersive by allowing the creation of a unique character, but I agree that it probably wouldn't work so well in the more linear TFU format.

Yeah that part was not good. In the Wii version (and I assume PS2), the cutscenes showed whatever costume and lightsaber you currently had equipped in-game, so it's pretty bad that they couldn't do that on 360/PS3.

Absolutely not. Some games simply have a set character, which is perfectly fine. In fact, in my experience, games where you play as a defined character are generally by far better than those where you play as a custom-built character.

I mean, come on, was Revan really all that great? The guy was pretty much devoid of any personality whatsoever and just did what ever you told him to. The only reason he's so popular is because of the "big spoiler."

Absolutely not. Some games simply have a set character, which is perfectly fine. In fact, in my experience, games where you play as a defined character are generally by far better than those where you play as a custom-built character.

I am fine with a fixed character. I just want them to have numerous costumes and lightsaber choices (more than in TFU 1).

Yeah that part was not good. In the Wii version (and I assume PS2), the cutscenes showed whatever costume and lightsaber you currently had equipped in-game, so it's pretty bad that they couldn't do that on 360/PS3.

It was their first attempt on the 360/PS3 so I can give them a pass for having a few bugs. They have no excuse this time around.

As for customisation, I hope you can customise his clothes/armour and have a choice of lightsabre you want to use (single, dual, double ended) as well as colour.

I actually liked most of his costumes, especially the default one and the "heavy" one which was my favorite.

As for lightsabers, I hope there are multiple choices as I think his style in the first game was cooler than 2 lightsabers.

On lightsabers, I am still waiting to see a SW game where players can completely customize their lightsabers. Everything from the design of the hilt to the color of the crystal. It would be cool if they had options like those toy lightsaber kits.

That would be pretty cool, but I fully expect that to be in a KotOR type game.

I hope they do away with all the silly lightsaber colors (black).

But yes, the black lightsaber was stupid.
I agree with you both on a sense.

BUT!

Not everybody feels that way. You have to look at it as you're not forced to use those lightsaber color options, so just don't use them like me. Then there are those who think they're cool, especially the black. I personally hate but, again since I don't have a gun pointed at my head to use it, I'm okay with it being in the game. You have to remember that lots of people liked having a black lightsaber. I don't understand it the appeal, but it's there and it was a SMART move by LucasArts to put it in the game just to please others.

I just don't understand how someone can say something like that ruined their gaming experience (not saying you both did) when it was a situation where you didn't have to use it.

With me, I don't use the purple, gold/orange and yellow lightsaber colors as they were not used in the movies; therefore they're not apart of George Lucas' vision. But again, it's about what others like and giving options to please a larger audience is smart marketing which is why I said it was a good move to do.

With me, I don't use the purple, gold/orange and yellow lightsaber colors as they were not used in the movies; therefore they're not apart of George Lucas' vision. But again, it's about what others like and giving options to please a larger audience is smart marketing which is why I said it was a good move to do.

Well purple is in the prequel trilogies.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. In the Expanded Universe, Mara Jade has a purple blade long before the prequels came out. And she's a popular enough character that the purple lightsaber may very well have circulated into games like this had there never been a Mace Windu. It's just that more people are familiar with the movies, so Mace has logically trumped Mara as the number one purple lightsaber wielder.

Archived