Home

Character customization

ehdrmfka

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, the only problem I fathom that we would encounter is the non-existence of gameplay. Starkiller-Bowie's radiating Force Aura would only need to be witnessed by the underlings that dare cross his path; no button-mashing Force combos, lightsaber duels, or even aiming; just a lively stroll through the Galaxy.

no button-mashing Force combos, lightsaber duels, or even aiming.

Off-Topic: Forgot to add, "aimlessly swinging a Wii-remote," since that is what my brother did (along with many people I bet) :xp:. I personally liked the combat style on the Wii (just get rid of the final scenes in the boss battles).

On-Topic:

I did the same thing, just pretended the black lightsaber didn't exist, but I still think it's dumb. I am a traditionalist like you Shem so I only recognize red, blue, green, and I guess purple.[/Quote]

QFT. I really did not see the point in a black lightsaber. But seeing as there is a large fan-base for it I see that it was just a way to boost the popularity of TFU I (as Shem stated earlier).

You shouldn't be able to choose sex and that will not happend so just forget it.

But you should be able to choose you outfit, lightsaber hilt and crystal, like in Kotor. It would be cool if your outfit could effect your gameplay to? I mean if you had an armor you would walk slower but you could take more hits, or a jedi robe you would move faster but would take more damage?

Like in TFU you could do some customization now they could take it up a bit.

For most customization, like those suggested, armor wise that would take more then just adding it. They would need some way to get it, and something like that probably wouldn't be just given. So I'm guessing some type of money system, which would mean a store that you could buy the stuff at, and to go one step further a customization bench or something like what was used in KOTOR.

Now while that may seem fine, TFU really doesn't strike me as that type of game and to stop and go through an inventory would sorta ruin the flow of the game.

I would want to see some sort of customization. More in armor and clothing. Kinda like a soul calibur or oblivion type. Where u could pick ur chest armor, leg armor, arms, gloves, etc. just narrow it down to certain things, like u could hav boba fetts gauntlets and have a clone trooper chest piece. stuff like that. kind of like assassins creed 2. and u could change the colors like in borderlands. as for lightsabers go. u could do it, just limit it. like after u kill a jedi boss u could take his emitter or grip or whatever and put it on your lightsaber, be able to mix and match. but all this stuff would have to be cosmetic, cause sometimes studios make the best armor in the game look like crap, cosmetic only. i would like to see different lightsaber forms, i like the marek style but if i could hav that in dual style, that would be badass. these are just sum thoughts, they are possible, but lucasarts would have to limit down the choices.

• 3 weeks later...
It would be cool if your outfit could effect your gameplay to? I mean if you had an armor you would walk slower but you could take more hits, or a jedi robe you would move faster but would take more damage?

I actually wouldn't really like that too much, simply because it might deter me from using an outfit that I would otherwise think was cool. I like being able to wear any costume without having to play around it, know what I mean?

• 4 weeks later...

The main problem i've found with player customizations is the "controversy" that stems from it because people have an ideal depiction of (insert jedi name here), this caters to both sex and race. I think some customizable elements is preferred over a "predetermined" game ala the days of Super Star Wars, where you simply use what you've got from enemy drops or random pick-ups instead of fine-tuned player detail.

While I agree that black is a horrid lightsaber color (how can it even glow - err keep away from motels) I fully embrace new colors and hilt models. Your traditional blue, green, and red may be the staple of SW canon but it's also only a color and GL's lightsaber rules only really apply to the movies anyway so the games allow players to ignore that bit of canon trivia.

I'm all for exotic colors and force techniques since if anything it allows players to individualize their character and may not feel like they are continually using "played out" colors and force techniques, think how boring the game could be if you were only allowed to use force techniques specifically from the original trilogy.

• 2 months later...
Then, technically, green shouldn't be either, as Lucas was forced to use it because Luke's blue saber wouldn't show up against the bright blue sky.

I've thought about that point to myself, but there is one HUGE difference. The green lightsaber became very commonly used. Lucas never inserted the purple lightsaber among other Jedi outside of Windu.

What would be a great easter egg is if they add Revan's Armor to the costume list. Case closed. While it would encourage female gameplayers to play the game, i'm not that much of a fan of too much customization. But then again, it would be nice to have some side missions or like an exploration mode like Kotor. Say a space battle, or even a mission as Juno Eclipse.

I agree with Shem, what ever makes the people who play it happy, let it be. IMO, the Black lightsaber wasn't all that bad, but it isn't my favorite. I usually like playing canon so I go with red then blue.

What I would like is a Jedi Knight/Academy style system of customization. Choose your blade(s), single, two-sabers, double, then hilt color, and voila. What also would be awesome is if they brought Jedi Knight Game guns into the game, like Kyle's blaster style or the Disrupter, the grenade, because in Jedi Outcast I had some great pwnage with the sniper rifle and rocket launcher and stuff, and they should bring back glory of the Jedi Knight games, as it isn't all that different.

True, but there wasn't much room to insert the purple lightsaber anywhere, as the only reason Sam requested was to stand out in the movies. It would have been a pretty dick move to start giving everyone purple lightsabers :p

That's not true at all. Sam Jackson requested it because it is his favorite color. That's all it was.

And the reason Lucas granted that favor to him is because of his respect for Jackson. I mean Lucas originally had the Mace Windu character as an alien. When Jackson approached Lucas telling him he would like to be in his new movies, Lucas decided to give him the part of Mace Windu since Windu was going to be the most powerful Jedi outside of Yoda. All of this is because Lucas is a huge fan of Jackson.

• 1 month later...

armour customisation would be awsome though if im honest as long as they keep the jedi ceremonial armour im happy.

im also hoping that we can stay with a single lightsabre. i would also like the orange lightsabre to stay.

also i would like force lightning to be slightly improved since its my favorite ability and was kinda underpowered imo.

They could have the character creation for multiplayer to take place in a Clone Tank

So you see yourself floating in a tank, you pick your looks, possible perks and then when you finish, your clone tank is opened up and then you get to the multiplayer stuff.

Hello everyone. First time ;)

Just to comment several things.

A female starkiller? I think too many people wants to play Mara Jade! lol. I think this character is good precisely because it has story, background. This is not a role playing game, nor KOTOR, it is raw, brute force unleashed, that is what makes the game appealing.

I agree with the custom NOT been game affecting. That would hinder the use of some of them. I also agree the customs need to have less belts...

Lighsaber colors...I do love gold one actually. It is just more spice. Use whatever suits you. I hope this new one has more options, double blade, two handed, etc... The ninja swordmanship style look is cool, but in the end, one gets tired of seen a lightsaber been used like a ninja-to.

Mace Windu´s death is not glorius, nor in the film, neither in the game. But at least is a better death than the one the other jedi masters get in the film when facing the emperor, three of them killed in just two seconds and two lightsaber swings... awful. They seemed minions instead of jedi masters...

In game terms they should improve lightsaber fighting and combos...in the end, most of the enemies are killed in the same way: Force grasp, then lightning grenade, and throw the unfortunate against a wall, or some several other unfortunates....

I was very disappointed with one fixed character in FU, this time they should make a character customization system where you could choose sex at least.

anyone agree?

I think it makes the game more complicated. One thing that annoyed me about the multi-customes and gender choice in the Kotor games, is that there was already a set cannon.

So, then, what's the point. They shouldn't do a cannon version and then give the gamers a multible choice. It's like a slap in the face by the developers, it can be any gender/style/look but we already have it set in stone.

It's better that the developers of TFU avoided that. The change in character appearance isn't as bad as gender change. It actually has a whole new way and point of view of expressing the game.

Not to mention that it causes a lot of controversy and even confusing between fans. Even the non-canon fans are upset at the developers for deciding cannon in multi-change games.

Idk, just my opinion and what I've noticed over the years.

Well, technicelly as long as the character and story is canon, the outfits does not matter too much, as long as it is not something rediculous. You don't NEED to know the panties color if Leia in every scene, do you?

Now obviously that does not mean Starkiller should running around with pink tutu and a rubberduck on his head... but other variants are ok as long as it does not mess with the storyline.

• 4 weeks later...

why was everyone saying that only red and blue lightsabers should exist? the colours come from the crystals which comes in every single colour imaginable, especially if they are synth-crystals (sorry if this is to geeky for these forums but what the hell) the only reason most jedis use green and blue is because the jedi don't like using synth-crystals since it's a sithy thing to do, and sicne the primary source of natural lightsaber crystals is illium (which only produces blue and green crystals) they are moslty blue and green.

I do agree that black is stupid btw. The centre of every single lightsaber ever is white cause it's hot plasma. Nothing can be incredibly hot and be black (halle berry aside)

But whatever. rant over.

Archived