Home

LA announces time period

Rake

Up on their official website

With Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, the epic story continues as players once again assume the role of the devastatingly powerful Starkiller - Darth Vader's secret apprentice set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

I'm utterly baffled at where they plan to take this... any ideas?

I love the first one but I can't seem to get around the fact that Marek died at the end of the first one and there is only 2 years left before episode 4.

I hope they can come up with a good explanation for how he survived (without retconning the end of TFU1), otherwise I don't think i'll be able to take the game seriously.

I'm sorry, but that already makes it sound very bad. Unless they intend to put the story in the massive region of dead-time in the however-many-years TFU was supposed to cover (which seems unlikely considering the voice snippets from TFU in the trailer), it does seem very contrived, and would be a wee bit insulting to have it said 'oh it looked as if Starkiller ended up in a pretty bad way, but he managed to slip away, avoid attention, etc. etc.'

Pity - I thought the LS end of TFU was one of the less cringeworthy things to come out of LA in recent years...

Well Vader and Palpatine survived the force blast at the end. Maybe Marek did as well and Vader just assumed he was dead. (But then if he was alive they would since his life force.)

Of course Vader could have used the force to conceal Marek's life so he could heal him again.

Though in the SW EU it is not unheard of for one with the force to cheat death. A few sith (Darth Anddedu) were able to sustain there life beyond death. It's possible that Marek learned something similar, perhaps as a force ghost.

One thing I would have to say is that I don't think the time period will be set before or during the time of TFU, but after it. Because as far as we know since Vader took him in as a young boy, he had been training under Vader as a Sith apprentice. Why would he, during that time, be at an arena fighting with twin blu sabers? Also to point out that in the trailer it shows him using an incredible amount of force lightning, he was not that powerful until closer to the end of TFU.

Well, his death was confirmed in the novel as it described his consciousness rising from his body, out of the Death Star and into space before dissolving. But I guess that could have simply been a near-death experience.

I hope the sequel gets a novel as well, if nothing else than to clear up this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
ok i want a tfu 2 just as much as anyone else (although kotor 3 and not a stupid mmo would have been better) but how are they going to do the game when marek died? Its driving me insane.

Simple. Make him not dead.

Behind door 1 is a clone, which would suck and conflict, since in the trailer Marek remembers Juno. Blackman seems to drool with everything that's somewhat 'Michael Bay' so a clone could be it sadly :(

Behind door 2 is Marek. The boy survived because he was faking his death, Vader saved him, etc...

Behind door 3 is Star Wars: Infinites; it continues a 'what if he survived' and they have Marek do things that can conflict with canon (fighting on Hoth, training Luke, etc).

Behind door 4..well...lies mystery.

I'd pick the toaster though. Hopping for the best behind a door will always result in sadness.

(Metaphor for Lucasarts creative way of thinking, where 'non-la' games like Kotor are the non-bombastic epic games are the toaster that will please you, and the LA games that are behind those mystery doors will always be a new ****ty in-house Star Wars game...or a goat...or convertable. Meh.)

Well, his death was confirmed in the novel as it described his consciousness rising from his body, out of the Death Star and into space before dissolving. But I guess that could have simply been a near-death experience.

I hope the sequel gets a novel as well, if nothing else than to clear up this issue.

My Thoughts Exactly, I hope they do bring out a 2nd novel, totally enjoyed the 1st one :dsaber::smilsab and most of all that they bring in a real good class of new characters

• 4 weeks later...

Archived