Home

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

DarthParametric

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just hope the name "The Force Unleashed" will be justified in the sequel. I mean, basically what you could do in the (extremely disappointing) first part was several varieties of Force Push and a little Force Lightning (I'm not counting saber throw as a Force power).

That would push it out well beyond the end of the OT, long after Vader, Palps, and Yoda are all dead. I'm pretty sure this will be set between ANH and ESB and that you'll be spending some time on Dagobah with everyone's favourite little green friend.
Their press release confirms the game is still set between Episode III and Episode IV. After watching the trailer again, I don't really know what the explanation will be but it's almost like he's not really alive the way Vader and Yoda are talking.

I'm getting the feeling that Star Wars is being taken over by Michael Bay. We've seen signs in every game that isn't Clone Wars-related.

michael-bay.jpg

Hi, I'm Michael Bay, and I demand things to be awesome.

OzzikSturnAT-KT.JPG

Awesome walker.

Black_Lightsaber_General_Starkiller.jpg

Awesome lightsaber!

550px-SaberThrow2-TORtrailer.jpg

Awesome saber-throw!

550px-Bull_rancor.jpg

You can't have awesome Star Wars without awesome rancor!

570px-SithLordWalksAway-TORtrailer.jpg

Awesome Shaft walk!

600px-Millennium_Falcon2.jpg

Awesome photography!

500px-SithSomethingorother-TORtrailer.jpg

Awesome Force Jump!

420px-PROXY_hologram.jpg

Awesome droid...

410px-SecretSith01.JPG

AWESOME FORCE POWERS YEAAAHHHHHH WHOOOOO!!!

michael-bay-picture-1.jpg

I'm Michael Bay, and **** YEAH, I approve this message.

Much like Mr. Bay himself, this new development could be a blessing or a curse.

That would push it out well beyond the end of the OT, long after Vader, Palps, and Yoda are all dead. I'm pretty sure this will be set between ANH and ESB and that you'll be spending some time on Dagobah with everyone's favourite little green friend.

Good point...okay...crappy theory...I'll be interested to see how they explain it...wonder if we'll have to wait another full year to figure it out...even with a 2010 release it could very well be this time next year before we see this game.

Much like Mr. Bay himself, this new development could be a blessing or a curse.

I'd like to say blessing, but until they have a really feasible explanation of exactly how Marek survived, I think the needle is pointing towards the 'curse' end of the scale.

Their press release confirms the game is still set between Episode III and Episode IV. After watching the trailer again, I don't really know what the explanation will be but it's almost like he's not really alive the way Vader and Yoda are talking.
Hrmm... I figured as the first game ended right on the cusp of ANH that the sequel would be after it. I guess they could focus the game over a very narrow period of time - say a few weeks or so - but they didn't give themselves a whole lot of room to move IMO. Of course Lucas is the king of retcon, so anything is possible I guess.

Well, I just hope the name "The Force Unleashed" will be justified in the sequel. I mean, basically what you could do in the (extremely disappointing) first part was several varieties of Force Push and a little Force Lightning (I'm not counting saber throw as a Force power).
Really, I thought TFU was a little too over the top as it is.

That part surprised me more than the announcement of the sequel. I was hoping for Starkiller to meet Luke Skywalker after the fall of the Empire. Anyway, if Juno is back, I would actually look forward to seeing her reaction when she sees that Starkiller is still alive. Heck, let it be some sort of old fashion where she is holding something that is glass and she drops it out of shock and you hear the glass shatter. ;)

I'd like to say blessing, but until they have a really feasible explanation of exactly how Marek survived, I think the needle is pointing towards the 'curse' end of the scale.
I'm sure that will be covered. I mean he "died" during an explosion while being right next to Sidious and Sidious didn't get a scratch. That was a part that threw me off when I first saw it.

I have a theory...perhaps it's an offspring of Juno and Marek and not actually marek himself...it sounds like something LA would do...
I just had a time warp mentally. It was like I went back in time to the late 90's and the early 2000's and listened to all sorts of theories about how the Prequels were going to be played out. ;)

The odd thing was, I actually had more fun with the Wii version of TFU more than the actual version. Thought it used the Wiimote is some fun ways.

But, regardless, what little story I liked out of the first seems to be gone. I liked the whole impact of him sacrificing himself for the birth of the Rebels, and the fact that Vader and Sidious gave birth to it accidentally.

Now we find out he's "alive" or something even though it was expressly stated by Vader and Sidious that he was dead. Other than pulling a Sion, where as in he is keeping himself alive with the Force, I don't see any... satisfying story in this.

That and this is another 6 original movie game. I know I'm just pulling at straws, but I'm honestly just so tired of this entire 46 or so year span of time.

To be honest, I'm only a little irritated by the possibility of them bringing him back. Yes, it does kind of take the weight off of the first game's story, but the Star Wars canon is already so convoluted and ****ed up that it really isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things. Just learn to stop worrying and love the bomb. :thmbup1:

To be honest, I'm only a little irritated by the possibility of them bringing him back. Yes, it does kind of take the weight off of the first game's story, but the Star Wars canon is already so convoluted and ****ed up that it really isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things. Just learn to stop worrying and love the bomb. :thmbup1:

That is the most reasonable thing I've heard all day.

Man, being a Star Wars fan is just a kick in the teeth, isn't it?

Like I said somewhere else, this will probably be for gameplay sake and not really story.

I guess on top of gameplay sake you could put in for completest sake.

I'm getting the feeling that Star Wars is being taken over by Michael Bay. We've seen signs in every game that isn't Clone Wars-related.

Apparently you aren't the only one who thinks so:

The trailer on the official website might as well have been directed by Michael Bay.

"Why have one lightsaber when he can have two? Why a rancor when there can be like... something BIGGER than a rancor? Let's have things exploding for no reason as he walks down a hallway. Hey, let's put in some voice overs from the movies for some reason."

@ Astor Kaine: While yes the point needle is in the 'curse' direction, apparently you just changed your av to reflect that new Starkiller image. :p

An optimist are we?

@ Astor Kaine: While yes the point needle is in the 'curse' direction, apparently you just changed your av to reflect that new Starkiller image. :p

An optimist are we?

Aside from the picture being awesome, yes. I'm skeptical for the time being, but i'm not going to condemn or praise it until we hear from the development team.

If they spent more time on the actual gameplay mechanics instead of exclaiming how awesome DMM and Euphoria were, the first one might have been a lot better (I liked it mostly, but general consensus seems to disagree with me here).

I'm hoping that they don't make the same mistake this time. So long as they cut down on the flash and concentrate on the basics, it might be pretty good. But, as you say, this is pure optimism at this point.

Archived