Home

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

DarthParametric

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made my pre-order yesterday (regular edition), for better or worse. I'm hoping that it won't prove to be a bad decision (on the whole, I liked TFU).

That ain't nuthin.

Something tells me the word you're thinking of starts with a Y, and ends with a Wookiee getting splattered. :p

I think I'll be keeping my money this time around until I read some reviews here - I'm getting fed up of paying £35 for 8 hours of gameplay! :lol: That and nothing relating to TFU has grabbed my attention for this installment. Or the USE for that matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the standard Star Wars EU solution to when you want to bring back a previously killed character for more action/milking: Cloning. Starkiller 1 died, so let's bring Starkiller 2 out of storage and carry on. :)

I just wanted to quote this, and say Stoffe called it correctly a long time ago.

Personally I think the whole cloning thing sucked with Palpy and this sucks just as much...

The Force Unleashed I was awful, (and probably the worst Star Wars game I've ever played) so I'm not expecting much from this installment.

The game-play aspect of the original Force Unleashed was a reminiscence of the Episode III game adaption. You're basically walking in a liner set of paths within levels, doing absolutely nothing but killing stormtroopers, force pushing everybody off of a cliff, and electrifying everybody with force lightning. It may be exciting, to utilize the ultimate force powers on the first, or second level, but it got repetitive by the time I reached level 4.

The sequel looks, and feels exactly the same judging from the game-play previews. The only difference this time around is that you get 2 light-sabers, and a bunch of puzzle solving within some levels. Hardly an improvement IMO. :carms:

The Force Unleashed I was awful, (and probably the worst Star Wars game I've ever played) so I'm not expecting much from this installment.

The game-play aspect of the original Force Unleashed was a reminiscence of the Episode III game adaption. You're basically walking in a liner set of paths within levels, doing absolutely nothing but killing stormtroopers, force pushing everybody off of a cliff, and electrifying everybody with force lightning. It may be exciting, to utilize the ultimate force powers on the first, or second level, but it got repetitive by the time I reached level 4.

The sequel looks, and feels exactly the same judging from the game-play previews. The only difference this time around is that you get 2 light-sabers, and a bunch of puzzle solving within some levels. Hardly an improvement IMO. :carms:

You lucky bastard :xp:

That's essentially what action-adventure games consist of. The point is that TFU was no fun at all in gameplay aspect. And judging for LA's usual responses to fan feedback, I'd say we'll get more of the same as you said, not a much needed reformulation.

You are lucky indeed :D

Star Wars games can be much worst than that...

As you said TFU was a shallow, repetitive button masher, with QTE (irk), no gameplay depth at all, it was the son of the episode 3 game, i too find no reason to be excited...

Maybe, someday we will see an Arkham Asylum like Star Wars game.

Just noticed and ordered the TFU II CE with the following content:

Premium Packaging:

Collector’s metal case with mylar sleeve and alternate key art

Exclusive In-Game Items:

3 exclusive challenge mode levels

Exclusive Ralph McQuarrie Concept Starkiller character skin

Exclusive White Lightsaber crystal

[Contents will be downloaded via code]

Exclusive Starkiller Mimobot USB Designer Drive, Pre-loaded with Bonus Content:

Starkiller 2GB USB Flash drive designed by Mimobot exclusively for The Force Unleashed II CE

Interactive digital art book with Producer’s Commentary, featuring insights into the art of The Force Unleashed II

Five desktop themes for PC and MAC

Full Game Script

I noticed that the other day when I saw your Xbox Live account playing TFU. It made me happy! :D
Yeah, I've finally gotten around to playing it. I'm only a few levels in, but I find it enjoyable. It isn't JK series level of depth, but it is a fun action/adventure game, and playing with the environment is cool, and the fighting animations are great. Perhaps it was over hyped, but I think it is a good time so far.

Same goes for the RotS game. It has the issues of many a movie tie-in, but the duel mode is good for a quick run every now and then and overall it is fun to slice through lots of droids and troopers.

I guess I can still find enjoyment in these sorts of games, and still want to return to the level of the older series. I think too many people nowadays take an all or nothing approach to these games now. If it isn't the greatest game ever then it is the worst thing ever to happen to SW.

Or maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age...

TFU would have been a lot more fun if it was actually unleashed like it said on the box. The major gripe I had with it was the constant barrage of enemies that were immune to all your force powers in the mid- to end-game. Well that and the ropey controls and god-awful QTEs.

Yeah, I had those complaints with the PS2 version, but I didn't have those problems with the PS3 version. The one thing I really hated was that the end bosses seemed to be immune to absolutely everything.

Walkthrough of pretty much the whole first level from a demo at PAX:

Part 1 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-star-wars/705422

Part 2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-star-wars/705424

Combat still looks clunky and, worse yet, the narrator says that they have cut down on the number of enemies you face at once in favour of fewer enemies that resist all your attacks. Sigh.

And the QTEs! I don't know about other people, but it doesn't make it more cinematic to me. I find I just end up staring at a small section of the screen to see what button to push next, and pretty much miss all the visuals. Very unsatisfying boss battles.

And I know I must be in the minority, but the two sabers backwards looks stupid.

Archived