Home

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

DarthParametric

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the crystal and the skin sound nice...as do the exclusive levels, even though they'll probably be kinda crappy compared to the rest of the game. :lol:

Trying...to...resist...

Oh, what the heck...why am I even bothering? Collector's Edition it is! (I'll be annoyed if those "exclusive levels", lightsaber crystal, and character skin become DLC later. ;))

Hmm...think I'll skip the spoiler trailer, haha. ;)

Just nineteen days...plus the time it takes to ship...

So, quick question. I know that with Star Trek Online, you got different perks when you pre-ordered it from different places (Borg playable race is the only I can recall off the top of my head). On Amazon under TFU II, it says:

"Pre-order 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II" for Xbox 360 or PS3 and recieve a code to access two exclusive challenge levels - 'The Mystical Swamps of Dagobah' and 'Defending the Core'."

Anyone know if the pre-order rewards from other places are different? (I googled around to find out, but I couldn't find anything.)

Just found an email in my inbox with this message from Star Wars.com.

'LucasArts is happy to announce that the demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II will be arriving at both the Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network on Tuesday, October 12th.

The level focuses on the very beginning of the game, which takes in a secret cloning facility on the planet of Kamino. Starkiller, told by Vader he is no more than a clone, becomes tormented by the memories of his past and escapes into the rain-soaked planet with Vader not far behind.

Unleash the power of dual lightsabers, over-top Force powers including the new Jedi mind trick, and get a first taste on a journey that will take Starkiller across the galaxy in search of the truth behind his past, as well as the woman he cannot forget.'

Edit: Just played through the demo. And all i can say is, not bad, not the best... but not bad.

This demo now has me REALLY looking forward to a couple of days after release day here in norway. (it usually takes 2-5 days for packages to get here through the mail.)

As this post is about the 2 tv spots for the game i chose to make a new post.

Did anyone else catch the 2 tv spots for TFU II?

The first was pretty cool with Starkiller fighting stormtroopers in a forrest at winter time asking where 'she' is. Then Vader shows up and most/all of the troopers are promptly vaporised as Vader and Starkiller prepare for a fight.

The second starts with Vader being flung through 4-6 walls, after Vader gets to his feet he looks back through the hole he came through and sees Starkiller activating his saber in preperation for a fight.

This has me thinking that the Starkillers from those two tv spots might actually be two different clones.

No, they added it for TFU2 because people complained it was missing from TFU1. I think the original reason they left it out was the same reason there is no gore - to keep the rating as low as possible. It still looks like there's not enough though. You should be sweeping through masses of stromtroopers lopping off heads and limbs left and right, not just having the occasional one drop off. I really don't get how they keep going on about it being "unleashed" when every second enemy is resistant to your force powers and your sabers are about as effective as Nerf batons.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i got my copy of TFU CE in the mail today.

Used the redeem code to download the exclusive content.

Problem is i can't seem to find neither the costume, nor the crystal.

I'll try starting a new game and see how it goes.

Edit: Both the LS and the DS endingd gave me a moment of 'wtf?' at the end of them.

Hopefully they will release an aftermath DLC for both endings.

Edit2: Well, started a new game, and the costume and crystall was there.

Problem i now have is the fact that the 'white' crystal is infact yellow.

Edit3: Noticed something else while looking through the TFU II costumes: TFU I Training Gear, TFU I Ceremonial Jedi Robes, TFU I Sith Stalker Armor.

They already have. As I posted in this thread back at the beginning of September, a recent management shift at Lucasarts saw 30% of the staff sacked, Force Unleashed 3 being cancelled and Haden Blackman resigning. It would seem that, for the moment at least, the franchise is dead. And with average press reviews for TFU2 sitting at around 6.5/10, I'd say it's a fairly good bet that it's likely to stay dead for a while.

They already have. As I posted in this thread back at the beginning of September, a recent management shift at Lucasarts saw 30% of the staff sacked, Force Unleashed 3 being cancelled and Haden Blackman resigning. It would seem that, for the moment at least, the franchise is dead. And with average press reviews for TFU2 sitting at around 6.5/10, I'd say it's a fairly good bet that it's likely to stay dead for a while.
As in most times, the revenue will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case someone is having trouble finding the holocrons i found a site that has both a walkthrough of the game itself, but also a video guide to the locations of every holocron.

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-2

Edit:

Well, the first two DLCs are out(atleast for the 360 version, haven't checked the others yet).

Endor DLC

Continue your adventure as the Dark Apprentice, where you can forever change the history of the Star Wars Universe by executing Darth Vader’s orders to crush the Rebels as they mount their assault on Endor.

(For some reason Leia seems like a tougher fight than Luke was in the Hoth DLC for TFU)

Character Pack

In this new character costume pack that will allow you to play as your favorite Star Wars characters, including Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Training Gear, Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Wars Battle Armor, Darth Malak, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Admiral Ackbar as well as new costumes for Starkiller.

Archived